Is smoking against god?

Jesus set an example for us even him who did not commit any sins sanctify himself,
And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth. John 17:9
For I have given you an example, that you also should do just as I have done to you John 13:5

‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this smoker...

(sorry I get tired of replies that ignore the fact some of us who smoke want to give up, may have asked God for help to stop etc.)

(sorry I get tired of replies that ignore the fact some of us who smoke want to give up, may have asked God for help to stop etc.)

I understand what you're saying, Jon. At least I think I do :). I believe God is honored by the struggle, even if victory seems far away. I am far less concerned about whether the act of inhaling smoke is a sin than I am about the hold the addiction has on one's life. Keep up the good fight, but don't feel under condemnation because the battle is long and hard.

Well there is nothing like this. It depends on us what is good or not. It is definitely injurious to health as we all know it and so this is the most known truth.

Back