Is the second coming nearer?

Matthew 25

The Parable of the Ten Virgins

1"At that time the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. 2Five of them were foolish and five were wise. 3The foolish ones took their lamps but did not take any oil with them. 4The wise, however, took oil in jars along with their lamps. 5The bridegroom was a long time in coming, and they all became drowsy and fell asleep.

6"At midnight the cry rang out: 'Here's the bridegroom! Come out to meet him!'
7"Then all the virgins woke up and trimmed their lamps. 8The foolish ones said to the wise, 'Give us some of your oil; our lamps are going out.'
9" 'No,' they replied, 'there may not be enough for both us and you. Instead, go to those who sell oil and buy some for yourselves.'
10"But while they were on their way to buy the oil, the bridegroom arrived. The virgins who were ready went in with him to the wedding banquet. And the door was shut.
11"Later the others also came. 'Sir! Sir!' they said. 'Open the door for us!'
12"But he replied, 'I tell you the truth, I don't know you.' 13"Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour.

To be ready is to be prepared for a long delay, as Christ may return tomorrow or in another two thousand years. His timing is to help our faith development and preparedness. Seek Him, and let your confidence be in who you are in Him—not how others respond to you! May God’s oil of His grace keep you lit!

Also the oil of the the annointing of the Holy Spirit is our witness to each day be a better witness for Christ than the day before and not be lax and not be ready .

Many say the oil is the Holy Spirit, and it could be. I see the oil as representing intimacy with God, and it stays full by our constant pursual of His person.

That is really good . And we can relate to that as well as it being the Holy Spirit because if we are really pursuing God , the Holy Spirit and it's daily infilling will be evident as well . I like that Ezek . Thanks

"Is the Second Coming nearer?"

Yes, today it's one day closer than it was yesterday! (Interestingly the same will apply tomorrow!)

I am ready and want to always be ready. I don't have a low pain threshold, but am unfortunate enough to have what I call a "no pain threshold." Seriously! For this reason thinking of martyrdom has always tended to freak me right out! Nonetheless I've recently reached a new point of commitment and trust such that even if He requires martyrdom of me I AM ready! Please rejoice with me!!

All Praises for this be to His Wondrous Name!!

- BM

I will rejoice with you BM, for in our weakness we are strong.

2nd Corinthians 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

I will rejoice with you BM, for in our weakness we are strong.

2nd Corinthians 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Thankyou Ezek! And what a amazing verse that is!! Such a CHALLENGE to everyone who call themselves Christian, to work towards reaching a place where they can also say what Paul said!!!

Bless you heaps!

- BM

Back