IS THE SPECTACULAR BETTER???

there are church groups who depend on emotions . but i have been in some anointed services with emotions that was the real deal.. i know of one church while the pastor is preaching.. stands p claps very loudly and lots loud amen.. they is some groups are reserved other are not
I know pastors kid that when in seminary, are taught that when come to weaker points in their messages, shout louder!

i for one have no issue with emotions provided its of God. i have seen people try to work up the spirit . we have allowed the devil to steal or shout

Most of the shouting and yelling are emotional responeses. not Holy Spirit given!
hmmm the revivial services we had in june at the church a pastor was Holy spirit emotions-----not flesh not every service will be high spirited . we can get excited about our ball team we favor. we can get excited if a relative is playing a sports game and scorning well.. it wouldn't hurt get a bit excited being in church.

hmmm the revivial services we had in june at the church a pastor was Holy spirit emotions-----not flesh not every service will be high spirited . we can get excited about our ball team we favor. we can get excited if a relative is playing a sports game and scorning well.. it wouldn't hurt get a bit excited being in church.
As long as the Church allows for the additional excitement.

So what’s the difference between flesh and spirit emotions?
I’m going to answer this myself and see if people agree.

Let’s say I’m feeling grateful because Christ saved me.
Would that be an emotion or a state of mind?

Not that it really matters, but the question had me thinking.
Emotions are bodily reactions to our minds. Our minds / hearts are evil. ( Jeemiahr 17;9) The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it?

So for a emotion to be pure and good it would have to be coming from somewhere else?
Maybe our spirit?

Last edited:
Not that it really matters, but the question had me thinking.
Emotions are bodily reactions to our minds. Our minds / hearts are evil. ( jet 17;9) The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it?

So for a emotion to be pure and good it would have to be coming from somewhere else?
Maybe our spirit?
when we get saved our heart changes God gives us a new heart and heart to know him Paul wrote in Ephesians that the eyes ( heart } of understanding be opened its kind of neat study were made up of 3 parts body soul spirit . i might have them backwards paul wrote in Thessalonians we be sanctified wholly 1 Thessalonians 5:23 that we were all created with three parts—a spirit, a soul, and a body .

on the heart i like to use how the grinch stole Christmas in the beginning it took a magnifying glass to see it. but in the end when he realized what Christmas was truly about. it enlarged so big it broke the magnifying glass. i compare that to how we was before salvation . i call it b,c before Christ {lost }
then we get saved present with Jesus ad.

I came out of Assemblies of God, and while some of the worship was Spirit driven, much of it was due to getting caught up in emotionalism and the moment!

I came out of Assemblies of God, and while some of the worship was Spirit driven, much of it was due to getting caught up in emotionalism and the moment!
i am sure i know some great ASOG preachers they preach it from the word. i been in Pentecostal services seen a guy run into a wall . but a person can tell what is of God and what is not..

Back