IS THE SPECTACULAR BETTER???

the folks in john 18:6 are lost those who use it in church profess to be Christians.. if a person is going to be slain in the spirit . there wont be no catcher no body to lay hands on you it will be done decently and in order

I have found that 2 Tylenol PM's around 7 PM will do the trick!
lol, ok, so when my mind finally stops worrying, am I not saved?

and if not, then you just highlighted to me that I have no idea what salvation actually is. and that I may not even be saved. because if its more than being saved from my mind running amok, and doing things which is immoral, then I don't know what salvation actually is. and if I don't know what salvation actually is, then how would I recognise it ?

I am mainly at peace and mostly don't get worried, and I am usually joyful, except when others are grieving if that helps...

Last edited:
that is one thing i really question . i have had people try show me scripture . honestly i am skeptical of it . if God cause me fall it so be it but no man will touch me
They will point to where the people fell under the cloud in the temple, but that was the real God showing up, not emotionalism!

i am sure i know some great ASOG preachers they preach it from the word. i been in Pentecostal services seen a guy run into a wall . but a person can tell what is of God and what is not..
The being slain in the spirit, pulling demons out of bodies, that is not of God!

lol, ok, so when my mind finally stops worrying, am I not saved?

and if not, then you just highlighted to me that I have no idea what salvation actually is. and that I may not even be saved. because if its more than being saved from my mind running amok, and doing things which is immoral, then I don't know what salvation actually is. and if I don't know what salvation actually is, then how would I recognise it ?

I am mainly at peace and mostly don't get worried, and I am usually joyful, except when others are grieving if that helps...

All I said was the 2 Tylenol will help you sleep. I did not mean that means you are saved or lost only that you are asleep.

So what’s the difference between flesh and spirit emotions?

I’m going to answer this myself and see if people agree.
Let’s say I’m feeling grateful because Christ saved me. Would that be an emotion or a state of mind? Not that it really matters, but the question had me thinking.
Emotions are bodily reactions to our minds. Our minds / hearts are evil. ( Jeemiahr 17;9) The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it? So for a emotion to be pure and good it would have to be coming from somewhere else? Maybe our spirit?
lol, ok, so when my mind finally stops worrying, am I not saved? and if not, then you just highlighted to me that I have no idea what salvation actually is. and that I may not even be saved. because if its more than being saved from my mind running amok, and doing things which is immoral, then I don't know what salvation actually is. and if I don't know what salvation actually is, then how would I recognise it? I am mainly at peace and mostly don't get worried, and I am usually joyful, except when others are grieving if that helps...

After reading the great posts and responses to this topic, I hope when Via answers her own question, that Via will agree with Via. lol!

I believe that we all have lifetime questions re the Spectacular, the ones who deliver (preach and teach) the message about our faith, our being saved and receiving salvation.

When God reveals the answers, we still
should not limit God because as we age and mature spiritually our same questions evolve as we get older.

40 years ago when I asked the difference between flesh and emotions I thought the more we shout to the Lord the more He will hear us and grant anything we
name and claim, in the name of Jesus.

40 years later, not so. Contentment has formed in me and I don't feel the need for the Spectacular. Instead of an emotional frenzy, today I feel a quietness in my spirit and get weepy eyed with thanksgiving to God and everything He is doing in our lives.

Am I saved? Yes, I believe with all my heart. Do I have salvation? Yes, I believe with all my heart. I'm going to Heaven and this supersedes all worries that I bring upon myself. God will not renounce His promises as we lovingly follow Jesus in love and obedience.

40 years ago, I only loved God when He agreed with my prayer requests. 40 years later I love God which I learned is to trust Him with all my heart, all the decisions, plans and directions appointed by Him first in my life.

Jesus died to cleanse us of our sins, including
troubling thoughts that zip through our minds. If these thoughts do not bless us and hinder our Spirit, then they are not of God. God has empowered us to go boldly in all things and questions. He promises He will answer according to His glory. God is in control.

Hebrews 4:16, 16 Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

1 John 1 5;14, 14 And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us.

Today and until the day we meet Him, God still lovingly makes clear why we are saved and having received Salvation.

God bless us all.

Have you noticed in recent years how people seem to be looking more and more for the "Spectacular". In other words.......the bigger the better!

If it is BIG it must be good.
If it is LOUD it must be good.
If all the truckers eat there, it must be good.

When you watch religious TV and you do, have you noticed that what jumps out at you is all the "Emotionalism"?

Now I am NOT denouncing excitement or emotions while at worship services, but FEELINGS should never replace Bible doctrine. Experiences can never be allowed to replace Bible truth.

That being the case.....the question then must be, WHY do we allow it to happen?????

It would take more than just many more millions of dollars to drown out all the "O$teens" out there with what the masses don't want to hear. The "O$teens" give to people what they want. Ear tickling is the ancient addiction that's still alive and well today.

Can you imagine how different things would be if the powers and principalities (demonic forces) were to manipulate in favor of the Lord, rather than against Him in the lives of the masses of this world?

MM

It would take more than just many more millions of dollars to drown out all the "O$teens" out there with what the masses don't want to hear. The "O$teens" give to people what they want. Ear tickling is the ancient addiction that's still alive and well today.

Can you imagine how different things would be if the powers and principalities (demonic forces) were to manipulate in favor of the Lord, rather than against Him in the lives of the masses of this world?

MM
God is permitting them to flourish for His own mysterious reason!

Back