Is there a Bible verse...

I'm no good with chapter and verse, but I remember a passage where Jesus advised people to, when they pray, go to their upper room and lock the door, and, when you give alms, not to let your left hand know what your right hand is doing. This isn't really relevant, I admit, but maybe there is a passage in the OT...

Maybe in Leviticus, or Deuteronomy? Possibly in one of the prophets...

Oh, right! There was part of an epistle where Paul condemned those who were "not keeping busy but acting like busy-bodies". If anyone knows the verse numbers, feel free to refresh my memory!:)

Maybe one of those will help...

I think the type of verse you are looking for you may not be able to locate word for word. but I hope this is close.

Philippians 2:3
3Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves.

Is there a Bible verse that acknowledges respecting the privacy of others? Just wondering. Thanks friends.

There are a few in Proverbs that mention gossip. But the following is the closest I know of. Here, Jesus is telling Peter pretty much to mind his own business in relationship to what another does in following Jesus.

Joh 21:20 Then Peter, turning about, seeth the disciple whom Jesus loved following; which also leaned on his breast at supper, and said, Lord, which is he that betrayeth thee?
Joh 21:21 Peter seeing him saith to Jesus, Lord, and what shall this man do?
Joh 21:22 Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me.

There is some places in the N T were thngs were said and/ or done with obvious concern for privacy (as in removed public veiw).
Secrecy is often a sign of wrong doing. Those who do right have little fear of condemnation or need of privacy, except in relationship to nakedness.

Prayer appears to be the one exception to this in that we are told to pray privately.

Blessings
Cliff

Well it is obvious that whenever possible we do not broadcast other faults and problems:
Pro 28:13 He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.

And even in the New Covenant we are intructed to handle a matter privately at first and with no repentance then we take two or three witnesses. I am not sure if this covers the aspect of privacy you where refering to.

I don't remember if it was in the bible or I read it in another book (I mix books up quite frequently, especially when they're all found in the Inspiration category in the book stores)...

Why pull weeds in another man's garden when your own garden is being overrun by weeds?

:confused:

Is there a Bible verse that acknowledges respecting the privacy of others? Just wondering. Thanks friends.

Greetings ...:israel:
1st what do you consider invasion of privacy? Or the term privacy ?

Because there are as many answers to that as there are people...

When it comes to the Lord the Bible makes it clear that He sees EVERY-THING... Absolutely EVERYTHING... Respecting the privacy of others IMO would be depending on the age of the person, and their maturity level, are they proven trust worthy, and their mental condition...;)

I was just wondering, because just about everything is in the Bible. So is it a sin to "snoop" I guess I'm saying, through someone else's private journals, or email, or what have you.

I know the Bible won't say, "Thou Shalt Not Read Someone's Email" lol, but I'm just wondering what God says about that kind of privacy.

I was just wondering, because just about everything is in the Bible. So is it a sin to "snoop" I guess I'm saying, through someone else's private journals, or email, or what have you.

I know the Bible won't say, "Thou Shalt Not Read Someone's Email" lol, but I'm just wondering what God says about that kind of privacy.
Hmmm! you've posted amost interesting question;)

I recall the Lord sending out spies to snoop, in the old testament... And I agree with the others post...

But lets say if I were a parent and you were a child, in years or behavior, still being supported by me ... I'd say your privacy is very limited... You can close the bathroom door, thats about it...:p

WHY! you say:eek::cool::rolleyes: because some young ( and old) peoples brains do not develope fully until a certain age... I don't htink age really determines maturity... And most older people have experience under their belt, and would not fall for things that the less mature would...

I can't recall exactly what you are asking for though... in scripture...

I do know coming from a latin culture, that I as a child like many ancient cultures around the world I don't think the concept of privacy in the terms you are inquiring exist...

I hope someone else can come up with what you desire ...:D

Back