Is This A "hard Saying"?

When we should “eat” of His words of life and spirit in belief, we shall NOT DIE but have LIFE unto the coming AGE…. having a continued life in the here and now. If we abide in Him, we shall ABIDE in this earth until the glory of God covers the entire earth. We are looking for this coming age: a new heavens and a new earth where righteousness dwells. The same terra firma but men shall be different as they will all know God from the least to the greatest.

But is this a “hard saying” that many in the churches will not believe in this coming time? Apparently so for many of His disciples had “went back” and walked no more with Him. They could not handle the Truth for it seemed too incredible for them to fathom. They did not believe…and so many shall also not believe today.

John 6:56-69 KJV
(56) He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

But here is Jesus plainly telling us in John that if we should eat of the “bread” that comes down from heaven (we hear His words of life and spirit with our ears and are “fed”), we shall LIVE by Him. We shall live “for ever”…that is, into the coming Age. IF we abide in Him by DOING HIS COMMANDMENTS, we shall abide in the here and now. The Father sent Him into the world and HE LIVES by the Father. We shall also LIVE NOW if we eat of His words of life and spirit.

(57) As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.
(58) This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.
(59) These things said he in the synagogue, as he taught in Capernaum.

But this is controversial for the unbelievers of the churches… “this is a hard saying”…who can “hear” it….that is, who can BELIEVE it? They will hear but not believe….nor will they love what they will hear. They will not even receive the love of the Truth.

(60) Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it?

Does this “offend” people? Does this trip them up? People will “murmur” at what they will hear as they did then. Blessed is he that is not offended in Him.

(61) When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you?

The Spirit that raised up Jesus shall also give our MORTAL BODIES LIFE in the here and now. The flesh profits nothing. Keeping the commandments and doctrines of men does nothing for us as we perish off the face of this earth by using them. We have many cemeteries full of “faithful” church goers to prove that.

(62) What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?
(63) It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

But the unbelievers will no longer walk with Him as they turn their itching ears from hearing the Truth and unto their teachers who teach what they WANT TO HEAR. They would rather hear “fables” and not the Truth.

(64) But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.
(65) And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.
(66) From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.
(67) Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?

Those who will abide in Him shall believe and confess Christ, the Son of the living God who has the words of “eternal life”….the words of life and spirit. They will believe any who are sent by Him as the words of “strangers” are His words.

(68) Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.
(69) And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.

Many today would rather NOT hear the Truth and will seek to keep their “covenant with death” as they turn their ears from the Truth and unto fiction. They would rather “live” under the law of sin and death rather than the law of the Spirit of LIFE in Christ Jesus as they will seek to keep their own religious, fictitious imaginations....their own thoughts and ways which causes them to perish in their envying and striving with one another.

Romans 8:1-2 KJV
(1) There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
(2) For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

The Law of the Spirit of LIFE in Christ Jesus makes us free from the law of sin and death NOW. The same Spirit that raised up Jesus shall quicken our MORTAL BODIES in the here and now…and not after we die. Our salvation is nearer to us then when we first believed….for many lead us astray.

Romans 8:11-14 KJV
(11) But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
(12) Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
(13) For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
(14) For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Many will not want to hear the Truth but will instead want to keep their covenant with death and with the grave. Death is their friend. They will mock what they will hear. Where is the promise of His coming? What is the “promise” of His coming but “eternal life” as His life should appear in our mortal flesh.

1 John 2:25 KJV
(25) And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

They will scoff: all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation…as their “fathers” have all fallen asleep. They died without “eternal life”. Where is the “promise” of His coming? They deny that Jesus comes in the flesh….our mortal flesh.

2 Peter 3:1-9 KJV
(1) This second epistle, beloved, I now write unto you; in both which I stir up your pure minds by way of remembrance:
(2) That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:
(3) Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
(4) And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
(5) For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
(6) Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:

But they are willingly ignorant of the Word of God. The heavens and the earth which are NOW are reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men. THIS IS A NOW THING.

This is a present reality: the sicknesses and death of our mortal bodies is the wrath of God revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who hold down the Truth in unrighteousness. the Day of His revelation reveals the religious works of men in the past...for none have survived. None are still with us now. None of them have remained alive.

The system is presently now set up for the law of sin and death. What comes out of the mouth and into the air (the heaven= air) has the power to destroy our mortal bodies. What comes out of the mouth defiles the “man”…the body…and causes us to decay to the grave…PERISH. The wages of sin is death as the law of sin and death is at work NOW. But Jesus came so that we might LIVE according to the law of the Spirit of life in Him.

Do we want to hear Him and DO His word so that His life shall appear in our flesh in the here and NOW or do we want to hear and NOT DO it unto His coming for us in judgment as we are removed from this earth via death of the mortal body? The day of judgment will come to each of us if we do not “wake” up from our “sleep” and DO His commandments. Why wish for the Day of the Lord when it is gloomy and darkness without a ray of light.

Go visit a terminally ill person. There is no joy…no life…no hope…but only sorrow in the day of their “visitation”. Death is NOT our friend ...but an enemy that should be conquered in Christ.

Any who will hear His Word and NOT do it will fall like a house built upon the sand. The servant of sin (behaving in envying and strife speaking evil of each other) shall not abide in the "house"...the mortal body.

(7) But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
(8) But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

But He is longsuffering with all of us not willing that any should PERISH but that all come to “repentance”…to change our minds about these things.

(9) The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

The wrath of God abides upon all presently….as the heavens and the earth which are NOW are reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men. The tongue is a fire which shall eventually destroy us if we do not repent…to change our minds. He is patient with us so that we might return back to Him and have love for one another. His patience is our salvation as He is not willing that any should PERISH but to change their minds and have true life.

Romans 1:18-23 KJV
(18) For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
(19) Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
(20) For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
(21) Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
(22) Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

We are first made into the image of God but men change the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like decaying man. When we are conformed to this world, we decay and perish along with them. When we are fashioned according to this world…behaving like it, our mortal bodies decay and perish along with those who live according to its lusts.

(23) And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

But if we are conformed to the image of His Son, we shall have the glory of God show forth in our mortal bodies for all of the world to see. He has power over ALL FLESH so that He should give “eternal life” to as many as was given Him. His life shall appear in our mortal flesh to His glory. When He shall appear in glory, we shall appear also with Him in glory.

John 17:1-6 KJV
(1) These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:
(2) As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life
to as many as thou hast given him.
(3) And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
(4) I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

We were made in the image of God but the world has marred that image…decaying it because we change His glory into that of corruptible man by conforming to this world.

But if we DO His “work”, He shall glorify us with us own self…His own incorruptible…undecaying… glory. The world had come to take away the image but now we are regenerated back into His image…His glory… that we once had before the world marred us with its perishable ways and thoughts in which we participated.

(5) And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.
(6) I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.

We are His flesh and bones. (Ephesians 5:30). He is the “first” born of every creation. He becomes sin for us….as all of our sins are judged in our mortal flesh…His flesh and bones. The good news is preached to the “dead” (for we are all dead in Him already) so that they might be judged as men in the flesh so that their spirit lives. The “dead” are not expecting Him to come in their own flesh as they obey the law of sin and death….keeping their covenant with death…and die under the law of sin and death.

But unto those who BELIEVE and look for Him, He shall He appear the SECOND TIME without sin unto salvation. His life shall appear in our mortal flesh as our sins are forgiven and the ailments and decay of the body are reversed. We shall be transformed into the image of His Son who is the express image of the invisible God.

Hebrews 9:28 KJV

(28) So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

Either way we are forgiven in Christ Jesus who died for the sins of the world: we die in our sins as we are all buried with Him in death and the mortal body goes back to the dust but our spirits live ….or we die to sins NOW and look for Him to appear in our mortal flesh without sin unto salvation….taking hold of “eternal life” in the here and now.

He is truly the “FIRST” and the “LAST”.

John 6:56-69 KJV
(56) He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

But here is Jesus plainly telling us in John that if we should eat of the “bread” that comes down from heaven (we hear His words of life and spirit with our ears and are “fed”), we shall LIVE by Him. We shall live “for ever”…that is, into the coming Age. IF we abide in Him by DOING HIS COMMANDMENTS, we shall abide in the here and now.

And what are his commandments that Christians keep?

1John 3:22,23
we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight. And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment.

We are to believe on the “name”….that is, on the AUTHORITY...of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another…as He gave us that “new” commandment. The “new” commandment is the refreshing commandment that gives us “eternal life” in the here and now. How good and pleasant it is when brothers dwell in unity….for there is where God has commanded the blessing: “everlasting life”…life that is available NOW.

This is the “daily” sacrifice we are to keep: have love for one another as He loved us and gave Himself for us.

John 13:34-35 KJV
(34) A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
(35) By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

But as Paul stated, wolves have entered in not sparing the flock as they covet after other’s “gold, silver and apparel”. False prophets have removed the “daily” sacrifice of having love for one another and have set up the “abomination of desolation”….causing those who follow them to live according to the covetousness of men in the high places of the churches. Covetousness should not be named once among us. It is the abomination of desolation. To be carnally-minded is death….and all of those who among them in their envying, strife and divisions are sick and dying.

1 Corinthians 3:3 KJV
(3) For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

But God is merciful. By His grace, we are saved.

He sends His disciples….brothers…out to speak His words of life and spirit to the churches and we are to remember to have love for them. They have the authority of the Father (the name of the Father) written upon their foreheads. We are to do those things that are pleasing in His “sight”…when the eyes of our understanding are enlightened to His knowledge. They will be anointed with the Spirit to preach deliverance to the "captives" who have been captured by the words of false prophets and are being led to their own destruction.

1 John 3:22-24 KJV
(22) And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.
(23) And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.
(24) And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

The brothers will come to the churches to speak what the Holy Spirit is saying….and we are made partakers of the Holy Spirit by hearing what the Spirit says through those brothers who are sent. We shall hear…..becoming enlightened and tasting of the heavenly gift of life…tasting the good Word of God and the powers of the AGE TO COME. We shall LIVE to the coming Age if we hear His voice and are obedient to Him....believing on the name of His Son by having love.

Hebrews 6:4-10 KJV
(4) For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

(5) And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

After we have received the full knowledge of the Truth, there is no more sacrifice for continued willful sins….continuing to rail upon what one will hear the Spirit saying through the brothers sent to them.

Will men crucify what they will hear and put the Son of God to an open shame with their evil speaking? Apparently so. The unbelievers will crucify any son of God who comes in the authority of the Father and the Son.

(6) If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

We are to drink in what we hear….the “rain” of the Word of Truth that falls often upon our hearts. We are to bring forth the fruits of righteousness at the hearing of His good Word…and then we shall receive the blessing of “eternal life” from God in the HERE AND NOW. We are to hear and let brotherly love continue…bringing forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed…. and not speak evil of those who preach in evil opposition and contradiciton.

(7) For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God:

But those who will insist on opposing and contradicting and not showing love to their brothers who are sent by Him will be REJECTED and will be near unto cursing….whose end is to be burned.

(8) But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.

But better things can be expected from those who believe unto their salvation in the here and now.
(9) But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak.

Remember to have love for the brothers sent by Him to preach the good Word of God to them. Let us work the labor of love toward His authority…His name…and minister to those who were sent by Him in His authority by showing brotherly love....the "better things".

(10) For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister.

Let brotherly love continue and entertain the “strangers” for they may be His messengers. He that will hear the brothers, will be hearing Him. We shall cross over from death to life by loving those brothers sent by Him.

Luke 10:16 KJV
(16) He that heareth you heareth me; and he that despiseth you despiseth me; and he that despiseth me despiseth him that sent me.

The Lord comes to give us an understanding of Him (His “sight”) who is true and we are to hear His voice in obedience…doing those things that pleasing in His “sight”… at the hearing of His teaching of the knowledge of God. We are to show love towards those who are sent by Him to speak His words.

Religious men will want to initially oppose what they will hear and challenge His authority over their own religious imaginations…their own thoughts and ways. His thoughts and ways are higher than ours and we are to keep His commandments …..especially at the most critical time: when we hear His voice being spoken through the “brethren” sent to them. Let brotherly love continue.

Whoever despises the Word shall be destroyed: but he that fears the commandment shall be rewarded. (Proverbs 13:13).

But those of the churches who love to be FIRST (love to have the preeminence among them) will not receive the “brothers” sent by the Lord to preach the Word of Truth to them.

3 John 1:9-11 KJV
(9) I wrote unto the church: but Diotrephes, who loveth to have the preeminence among them, receiveth us not.

They will not remember to have brotherly love but will treat the commandment (to have love for one another) with contempt as they will prate against the brothers with malicious words. The man of sin will exalt himself over the church and will oppose all that is called God or that is worshipped so that he as God will sit in the temple of God showing himself that he is God. They will exercise their authority over the churches as they will not receive the brothers sent by Him and will forbid their congregations from doing and will cast out of the church any who will receive them and the words of life and spirit as preached by the Holy Spirit.

(10) Wherefore, if I come, I will remember his deeds which he doeth, prating against us with malicious words: and not content therewith, neither doth he himself receive the brethren, and forbiddeth them that would, and casteth them out of the church.

We are not to follow their pernicious ways.

(11) Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. He that doeth good is of God: but he that doeth evil hath not seen God.

We are to depart from them….overcome them as they will persecute you and cast you out. They shall speak from their own viewpoint and their followers will receive their sayings and commandments. They will approve of their pernicious ways.

1 John 4:4-11 KJV
(4) Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
(5) They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.

He that knows God shall hear the brothers and have LOVE for God is LOVE. He that is not of God will not hear the brothers nor will they show love. GOD IS LOVE. There is no excuse for behaving badly.

(6) We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.
(7) Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
(8) He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

Let us not keep their “covenant with death” and their agreement with the grave. They say we have to die first and then have eternal life. But God has sent His only begotten Son into THIS WORLD so that we might LIVE THROUGH HIM NOW. He was sent into this world not to condemn it but to save it. It is already condemned to death.

(9) In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
(10) Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

Let us keep the “daily” sacrifice….the Passover…and have love for one another.

(11) Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.

Let the double minded cleanse their hands (the 2 side posts) and purify their hearts (the upper door post of our “houses”). (James 4:8). We are to submit ourselves to God and resist the devil….for religious men in their pride will want to speak out in their wrath and envy upon hearing His good Word. Let all wrath and evil speaking be put away and have love for another as He loved us and gave His life for us.

Exodus 12:7-9 KJV
(7) And they shall take of the blood, and strike it on the two side posts and on the upper door post of the houses, wherein they shall eat it.

Let us not keep the feast with malice and wickedness but with Truth and sincerity. Let us have love for the Truth….roasted with fire. Let us eat of it with “bitter herbs”…..let our laughter be turned to mourning and our joy to heaviness. Be afflicted and mourn and weep. (James 4:9).

(8) And they shall eat the flesh in that night, roast with fire, and unleavened bread; and with bitter herbs they shall eat it.

Do not eat of it “raw”..that is, with harshness…with refusal of the meat of the Truth. But we are to be thankful for what we are to hear and not “sodden” (boiled) at all with water with wrath. The wrath of man works not the righteousness of God. Do not quench the Spirit…but be filled with what the Spirit is saying. Eat it all up….all of the words of life and spirit in belief and have true life in the here and now.

(9) Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

They will be anointed with the Spirit to preach deliverance to the "captives"

The captives are the lost.
They are " without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world" Eph 2:12

And Christians let their light shine (Matt 5:14-16) preaching deliverance (the gospel of grace) to these captives/strangers.
Isa 61:1
“The Spirit of the Lord God is upon Me,
Because the Lord has anointed Me
To preach good tidings to the poor;
He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted,
To proclaim liberty to the captives,
And the opening of the prison to those who are bound

Hebrews 6:4-10 KJV
(4) For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

(5) And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

After we have received the full knowledge of the Truth, there is no more sacrifice for continued willful sins….continuing to rail upon what one will hear the Spirit saying through the brothers sent to them.

The knowledge of the truth = The gospel of Christ.

Willful sin = Turning back to the law/10 commandments to determine righteousness.

How does one make themselves a transgressor/Sinner?
See Gal 2:18
For if I build again those things which I destroyed (righteousness by works of the law), I make myself a transgressor/Sinner

This is willful sin. It's unbelief if we continue to preach works of the law/10 commandments as required proof of righteousness. If we bring ourselves back under the law then "whatever the law says it says to those under it", Rom 3:19. So anyone under the law had better keep it perfectly as just one offense makes you guilty of all the law (James 2:10) and you'll be condemned to death.

So any Christian who has received the knowledge of the truth of the gospel of Christ and therefore was "enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost
And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, (Heb 6:4,5), then it's impossible "to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame" (Heb 6:6).

Such are like a dog returning to it's own vomit.
They forgot that when they believed in Jesus their faith was counted for righteousness (Rom 4:5). And thus having rejected Christ's sacrifice they then bring themselves under the law for righteousness by works.

Having said this we must remember that many of these professing Christians were never believers to start with. Many are like Paul who believed in God but were under the law for righteousness to begin with. They do it in ignorance, just Paul did. For such we share the gospel of grace with them so that they too might repent of their dead works.

We also see that some Christians are starting to be being lured back under the law. Paul confronted Peter for such.
Gal 2:11-16
Now when Pete had come to Antioch, I withstood him to his face, because he was to be blamed; for before certain men came from James, he would eat with the Gentiles; but when they came, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing those who were of the circumcision. And the rest of the Jews also played the hypocrite with him, so that even Barnabas was carried away with their hypocrisy.
But when I saw that they were not straightforward about the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter before them all, “If you, being a Jew, live in the manner of Gentiles and not as the Jews, why do you compel Gentiles to live as Jews? We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles, knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified.

We are to bring forth the fruits of righteousness at the hearing of His good Word…and then we shall receive the blessing of “eternal life” from God in the HERE AND NOW.

True. And the way to attain this fruit of righteousness is to continue to believe on Jesus. Then we shall receive the blessing of eternal life. The thief on the cross received this fruit of righteousness.

(James 4:8). We are to submit ourselves to God and resist the devil….for religious men in their pride will want to speak out in their wrath and envy upon hearing His good Word. Let all wrath and evil speaking be put away and have love for another as He loved us and gave His life for you

And if we see the context of James 4 we see that it addresses spiritual adulterers (James 4:4). These are people who are turning back to the law/10 commandments to determine righteousness.

Note James 4:11,12 confirming how it refers to legalists.
And James 4:8 is making a salvation call to them to submit to God.

The sin the world is convicted of is unbelief in Jesus, John 16:9.
God's will is that we believe on Jesus, John 6:40.
Our works are to believe on Jesus, John 6:29.
We overcome the world when we believe on Jesus, 1John 5:4,5.

We are to keep this commandment to believe on Jesus without spot and blameless.
1Tim 6:12-14
Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, to which you were also called and have confessed the good confession (Rom 10:9) in the presence of many witnesses. I urge you in the sight of God who gives life to all things, and before Christ Jesus who witnessed the good confession before Pontius Pilate, that you keep this commandment (to believe on Jesus) without spot, blameless until our Lord Jesus Christ’s appearing

Whether we wake or sleep we should live together with Him. For our life is but a vapor that appears for a little time, and then vanishes away; therefore we should rather say If the Lord will, we shall live and do this or that. If it be so that the Lord return during our very short space of time in this life, then we shall be changed, for we shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed; but if we are asleep at His coming, then we shall rise first, and then those which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with those that were asleep. These simple Truth's should be common knowledge among all that follow the Lord Jesus Christ, for it is God's Word that tells us these things, and not we ourselves. As for the here and now He must increase, and we must decrease, and for us to live is Christ, and to die in gain; nevertheless it is more needful for others sake to abide in the flesh.

Some thoughts for consideration:

Jesus did not come to destroy the law or the prophets….but to fulfill. We also must fulfill them as well by having love for one another….which is the law of Christ….the fulfilling of the royal law….the doctrine of Christ….the keeping of the Lord’s supper.

Matthew 5:16-18 KJV
(16) Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

(17) Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

(18) For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

This is the “law of Christ”….

John 15:12 KJV
(12) This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

He that speaks evil of his brother is not a doer of the law….that is, not a doer of the law of Christ. When we speak evil of each other then we are not having love.

Men speak evil of each other….judging each other…over their handwriting of ordinances of their churches as they judge others in matters of meat or drink or in respect of keeping a day holy or not. They judge each other over external, fleshly regulations which do not save as they seek to be accounted the greatest among them.

James 4:11-12 KJV
(11) Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge.
(12) There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another?

Beware lest any man should “spoil you” through their teachings and commandments which are after the rudiments of the world and not after Christ.

Colossians 2:8 KJV
(8) Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

The handwriting of ordinances….the commandments and doctrines of men….lead us away from the Truth. These things are blotted out and taken out of the way by being nailed to the cross. The Lord triumphs over these things and those who seek to bring us into bondage…into their captivity. He comes to deliver those who have been captives of religious-sounding men.

We are not to let man seduce us into keeping their external regulations…leading us into bondage. Let no man JUDGE you concerning the “shadow of things to come”. Yet, many are judging each other in their denominations over external regulations that were put into effect by men who have desired to be teachers of the law but know not what they are saying nor of what they are affirming.

Colossians 2:14-23 KJV
(14) Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
(15) And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
(16) Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
(17) Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.
(18) Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,
(19) And not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God.
(20) Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,
(21) (Touch not; taste not; handle not;
(22) Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men?
(23) Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body; not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.

The “end” of the commandment…that is, the CONCLUSION of the commandment… is LOVE out of a pure heart and of a good conscience and of faith unfeigned.

1 Timothy 1:5-7 KJV
(5) Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned:

But many have desired to be teachers of the law…understanding neither what they say nor of what they are affirming. They teach external regulations that do nothing to save use. Instead, we are perishing with their use.

Many in the churches are “lost sheep”…that is, PERISHING sheep…. and are to be sought out by preaching deliverance to them. They are “captives” by those who have led them astray with their commandments and doctrines of men and into destruction.

They are led away from having love for one another and into envying, strife and divisions….and go down the road to the destruction of the flesh. The life of Jesus is does not appear in the mortal body if we sow after the flesh and not the Spirit. If you are led by the Spirit, then you are NOT UNDER the law but fulfilling it. (Galatians 5:18). But religious-sounding men will seek to have you do their commandments in order to bring one into their bondage so that they may gain something from you.

(6) From which some having swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling;

(7) Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm.

Now, we see in Galatians that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by the faith of Jesus Christ. But the Galatians were being “lured” into the works of the law. Many today are lured into the works of the law by those who bewitch them.

Paul was upset over Peter about this… for Peter did compel the Gentiles to live as do the Jews. But how?

First, he was upset about Peter withdrawing and separating himself from eating with the Gentiles for fear of them which were of the “circumcision”.

Galatians 2:11-21 KJV
(11) But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.
(12) For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision.
(13) And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation.

And secondly, he saw also that Peter was compelling the Gentiles to live like the Jews. How was he compelling them to live like the Jews?

(14) But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?

(15) We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles,

(16) Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

(17) But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.
(18) For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.
(19) For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.
(20) I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
(21) I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

How did Peter compel the Gentiles to live like the Jews do? We find the source of Paul’s frustration in Acts 10 when Peter preached to the first Gentiles who received the Spirit….Cornelius and company.

Acts 10:42-48 KJV

(42) And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead.

(43) To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

While Peter spoke these words, the Holy Spirit fell on the Gentiles which heard to the Word. They received the Spirit by the hearing of faith.

(44) While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.

The gift of the Holy Spirit was poured out upon the Gentiles who heard. They were baptized with the Spirit.

(45) And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
(46) For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,

But after the Gentiles received the Spirit (having begun in the Spirit), Peter COMMANDED them to be water baptized…. as the Jews. Here is where Peter compels the Gentiles to live as the Jews by commanding them to be water baptized AFTER they had receive the Spirit. The Gentiles having begun in the Spirit were not going to made perfect by the flesh….with an external regulation. What God has cleansed by His Spirit, do not call unclean.

Can any man forbid water that these should not be baptized which have ALREADY received the Holy Spirit? PAUL IS THAT MAN who came NOT to baptize but to preach the gospel given to him by direct revelation!! Paul equated baptism to circumcision (Colossians 2:11-12). But Paul was not speaking of a literal water baptism.

(47) Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?
(48) And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

This is why Paul was upset with Peter…and all who lead us into the works of the law.

What God has cleansed, man is not to call “common”...or unclean…. and demand that a person should be water baptized….an external regulation. By men doing this, they are leading others into their bondage…into further external regulations to keep.

We, who are cleansed by His Spirit, are not “cleansed” again by water baptism with human effort. We are cleansed by His Word….the hearing of faith.

Acts 11:9 KJV
(9) But the voice answered me again from heaven, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.

The “another gospel” of water baptism (“circumcision”) was for the Jews ONLY.

Peter was sent to the Jews with the gospel of the circumcision while Paul was given the gospel of the uncircumcision for the Gentiles. Paul’s gospel was received directly by the revelation of Jesus Christ….and was NOT sent to BAPTIZE but to preach the gospel unto the Gentiles (1 Corinthians 1:17)…. who would receive the Spirit by the HEARING of faith only.

False brothers have us brought into bondage by first demanding literal water baptism....so that they may lead you further into the commandments and doctrines of men. It is the gateway external regulation which leads further into the bondage of the works of the law. It is a show of the flesh so that they may glory in your flesh. The "circumcision" of Galatians is referring to literal water baptism of the Gentiles...."another gospel" which was meant only for the Jews.

Galatians 2:4-8 KJV

(4) And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage:

(5) To whom we gave place by subjection, no, not for an hour; that the truth of the gospel might continue with you.

(6) But of these who seemed to be somewhat, (whatsoever they were, it maketh no matter to me: God accepteth no man's person:) for they who seemed to be somewhat in conference added nothing to me:

(7) But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

(8) (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:)

The Jews who gathered to hear Peter on the day of Pentecost were taught to be baptized first and THEN receive the Holy Spirit….the “gospel of the circumcision”. These were Jews ONLY. The Ethiopian who was baptized by Philip was a Jew.

Acts 2:5 KJV

(5) And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.

The Jews ONLY were baptized FIRST and then received the gift of the Holy Spirit….the gospel of the circumcision which was committed to Peter.

Acts 2:38 KJV

(38) Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Peter got the 2 gospels crossed up so to speak….as the Gentiles received the gift of the Holy Spirit FIRST…and THEN he commanded them to be baptized in water….essentially calling what God had cleansed already by the Spirit unclean.

As Paul says, do we BEGIN in the Spirit first and THEN are made perfect by the flesh? Do we receive the Spirit by the works of the law or by the hearing of faith?

Galatians 3:1-5 KJV

(1) O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?

(2) This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

(3) Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

(4) Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain.
(5) He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

Paul received the gospel of grace by direct revelation and not of flesh and blood man. Christ did NOT send him to BAPTIZE but to preach that gospel….and we are cleansed through faith.

1 Corinthians 1:17 KJV
(17) For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.

Galatians 1:11-12 KJV
(11) But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

(12) For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

But if we confer with flesh and blood man after you have heard and believed the Word, they shall seek to bring you into their bondage….being made their captives. If you let them “circumcise” you with literal water baptism, then Christ will profit you nothing because now you have succumbed to the will of man who has captured you and brought you into bondage in the world of man’s doctrines and commandments. You have been absorbed into the “matrix” so to speak and need to wake up.

Galatians 5:1-4 KJV

(1) Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

(2) Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.

(3) For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.

(4) Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

Paul wrote to the “churches of Galatia” about those who would preach “another gospel” to them....one that was only meant for the literal Jews at the time....the gospel OF the "circumcision".

The word “Galatia” means “white…the color of milk”. The root of “Galatia” is from the Greek "gala" meaning "milk.” ( Think “galaxy”…Milky Way).

Paul speaks to us today….speaking to those who are “little children” having heard the Spirit and believed but have gone to confer with flesh and blood men who seek to bring and have brought them into their bondage of carnal regulations. “Little children” = spiritual INFANTS.

Galatians 4:19-21 KJV
(19) My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,
(20) I desire to be present with you now, and to change my voice; for I stand in doubt of you.
(21) Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law?

Spiritual infants need to have to be taught with “milk”…. “Galatians”.

Hebrews 5:11-13 KJV
(11) Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing.
(12) For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.
(13) For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.

Many “infants”….babes….go to confer with flesh and blood men who lead them astray.

Many new Christians go immediately to “church” where false brothers have came in unawares in order to bring us into their bondage. They preach “another gospel”…that one has to be literal, water baptized in order to bring you further into their bondage of man’s carnal commandments and doctrines. “Circumcision” = literal water baptism in Galatians.

Galatians 2:4-5 KJV
(4) And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage:
(5) To whom we gave place by subjection, no, not for an hour; that the truth of the gospel might continue with you.

Having begun in the Spirit, are we now made perfect in the flesh? Do we go to confer with flesh and blood men who will have us be water baptized in order to belong to their particular “church” and do their carnal regulations which do nothing to save us? Do we receive the Spirit by the works of the law or by the hearing of FAITH?

Galatians 3:2-3 KJV
(2) This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
(3) Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

Flesh and blood men seek to seduce us…but the anointing that we have received teaches us all things and we do not need them to teach us….for they will seduce us if we go and confer with them.

1 John 2:25-27 KJV
(25) And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.
(26) These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.
(27) But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

They….false brothers….zealously affect you but not well. They would “exclude you” on their basis of having to be water baptized. You are not one of them not unless you adhere to their initial rite of literal water baptism so that you become one of them. They use this exclusion from being a “member” of their “church” in order for you to feel like you have to listen to them….to be zealous for them...and be water baptized to be a part of them. Now that have you....in captivity...doing works of the law...observing carnal regulations... but not keeping the whole law. Am I an enemy now because of what Paul has said to us? Is Paul now our enemy who has now told us the Truth? Before, we did not understand what he was talking about in Galatians...but now we do.

Galatians 4:16-18 KJV
(16) Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
(17) They zealously affect you, but not well; yea, they would exclude you, that ye might affect them.
(18) But it is good to be zealously affected always in a good thing, and not only when I am present with you.

They….false brothers…COMPEL you (babes in Christ) to be “circumcised”….that is, compelled to be literal water baptized. Circumcision = baptism. (Colossians 2:11-12).

Do not confer with flesh and blood men for they will always seek to bring you into their bondage. They desire to make a “fair show in the flesh”….by water baptism…so that they may glory in your flesh as now you are one of them. You now belong to their “church” because of doing a carnal regulation which leads you deeper into more and more carnal ordinances that they will burden you with.

If one is not water baptized, then they will persecute you…but that persecution is for the cross of Christ who has nailed the handwriting of man’s ordinances which are against and are secretly contrary to us to the cross.

Galatians 6:12-15 KJV
(12) As many as desire to make a fair shew in the flesh, they constrain you to be circumcised; only lest they should suffer persecution for the cross of Christ.
(13) For neither they themselves who are circumcised keep the law; but desire to have you circumcised, that they may glory in your flesh.
(14) But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.
(15) For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.

This is why Paul was upset with Peter: he had COMMANDED that the Gentiles who had already received the Spirit by the hearing of FAITH to be water baptized. Having begun in the Spirit, are we now made perfect by the fleshly requirement of water baptism which leads us further into the keeping of many other carnal doctrines and commandments of men?

Acts 10:45-48 KJV
(45) And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
(46) For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,

Can any man forbid water? Yes, Paul does…for he was not sent to baptize but to preach the gospel in which we hear and believe and are justified by faith. Peter had compelled the first Gentiles to be as the Jews and be water baptized. The Jews were baptized so that they could live like the Gentiles....dying to the works of the law.

(47) Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?
(48) And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

Certain men have slipped in unawares and teach us that except we be literally water baptized and keep their carnal requirements (even they do not keep the whole law of Moses), we can not be saved. Those who are water baptized do not keep the whole law.

Acts 15:1-2 KJV
(1) And certain men which came down from Judaea taught the brethren, and said,
Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saved.
(2) When therefore Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and disputation with them, they determined that Paul and Barnabas, and certain other of them, should go up to Jerusalem unto the apostles and elders about this question.

Peter now rectifies his mistake so to speak by sticking up for Paul in front of the Jerusalem Council when “circumcision” for the Gentiles was called into question.

Acts 15:7-11 KJV
(7) And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.
(8) And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;

The Gentiles hearts are purified by FAITH. They hear the Word of the gospel and believe and are given the Holy Spirit. God looks at the heart not the physical act of literal water baptism. No “circumcision”…no literal water baptism…is required. The “circumcision” being debated here is of literal water baptism.

(9) And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.
(10) Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
(11) But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

Peter further tells us in 1 Peter that “baptism” is not the putting away of the filth of the flesh by literal water….but the answer of a good conscience toward God)….BELIEVING Him. Our believing hearts are purified by FAITH by the hearing of the Word and not literal water baptism which only puts away the literal filth of the outward flesh.

1 Peter 3:21 KJV
(21) The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

Some will say that literal water baptism is only a “sign” of these things. But that is what false prophets do.

They perform “signs” in order to lead you astray into their bondage of carnal commandments and doctrines of men. They do these things in order to gain material things from you. It is through the covetousness of men that they zealously affect us. Covetousness = idolatry….and we do not want to be a part of their idolatrous worshipping.

We are to abstain from “meats” offered to idols….that is, abstain from the carnal teachings of men who teach through covetousness. We are to flee from idolatry…covetousness. We are to abstain from “dead works”…carnal ordinances of men. We are to abstain from envy and strife…. and from using our mouths for deceit (fornication). All of these things are spiritually understood….but the natural man will consider the spiritual things foolish.

Acts 15:28-29 KJV
(28) For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;
(29) That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

Back