Is this considered being "worldly"

That is something you need to ask God about. Does your friend fit verse 10 or verse 11?

I think you know instinctively that this person is still in need of a true revelation of Jesus Christ for salvation.
Not greedy or abusive or idolizes indulges in sexual sin and drunkard

Not greedy or abusive or idolizes indulges in sexual sin and drunkard

He is sexually immoral and indulges in illegal drug use. There is an idol there, and the way he speaks about you and your new car, he is envious, which comes from greed.

He is sexually immoral and indulges in illegal drug use. There is an idol there, and the way he speaks about you and your new car, he is envious, which comes from greed.
True that's a very good way to put it the next time he messages me I will tell him exactly the way you said it, idolizing drugs and sex over Jesus I never thought of it like that

True that's a very good way to put it the next time he messages me I will tell him exactly the way you said it, idolizing drugs and sex over Jesus I never thought of it like that

Good going, brother! We can see often when Jesus has been dethroned. In this fellow's case, He may never have been given the throne, yet. A merely mental assent to Jesus is not salvation.

Well he's a kind of supremacist white guy ... Shaved head and grew up in a southern family. So one day at work he asked me what part of mexico I'm from and I explained to him I'm Arabic and he immediately told me Islam is bs. Than when I told him I'm Christian he was happy to hear that and from than every time we worked he'd always talk with me a lot about the gospel...etc.

Hes read the bible I'm sure any story or verse I tell him he knows it and he always talks to e about the Bible which is weird how he does the exact opposite of what it says. I'm still his friend because he has a good heart he just hangs out with the wrong crowd. I'm his only good friend.

Something to think about, is that white supremasists think they are a christian group. Much like hitler. They know the Bible, but think that the "white" race is supreme...which is false. Its all a work of the spirit of division.

As for you, and your new car. God desires that you are able to richly enjoy the things that make you smile. And like all the others have said it is not a sin unless you are putting it above God. Materialism is the act of thinking that if we just have that one new thing or several new things....it will make us happy and it tries to fill that God only shaped hole that is in our hearts. You are on the right track. And i do believe that God is proud of you! And i am sure that you are constantly thanking God for the ability and the finances to have this new car.....so be at peace and enjoy what God has blessed you with. Pray over it and commit it to Him, and He will keep you and it safe. :)
Blessings

Something to think about, is that white supremasists think they are a christian group. Much like hitler. They know the Bible, but think that the "white" race is supreme...which is false. Its all a work of the spirit of division.

As for you, and your new car. God desires that you are able to richly enjoy the things that make you smile. And like all the others have said it is not a sin unless you are putting it above God. Materialism is the act of thinking that if we just have that one new thing or several new things....it will make us happy and it tries to fill that God only shaped hole that is in our hearts. You are on the right track. And i do believe that God is proud of you! And i am sure that you are constantly thanking God for the ability and the finances to have this new car.....so be at peace and enjoy what God has blessed you with. Pray over it and commit it to Him, and He will keep you and it safe. :)
Blessings
Thanks bro I thank God every day for all the blessings lately its amazing most of my prayers have been answered. But yea I changed his white brotherhood views forsure he even told me he used to hate arabic people and he said after he met me he sees not everyone is bad. So thats a very good thing. And he literally just messaged me as I write this im going to say exactly what Euphemia said.

I do everyday and I'm pretty sure I am a good example for them. I never go out party or drink or do anything I'm always at work or with my family and sometimes with friends. Anytime they ask me for help I help them too when others don't.
That's great.

Just talked to him and told him everything and he said hes gonna do his best from now on and he really appreciates that I worry about him sinning lol thats great I thought he was gonna go off on me. Im gonna pray about this and have faith he will change. Thanks for the advice guys!

Very well put I agree. I tried telling him that but he ignored me and hasn't messaged me back I think he thinks I'm trying to judge him so he's angry with me. When in reality I'm just trying to help him

It's no surprise. You told him and you're there for him, but it's ultimately his decision.

Came across these verses while reading today:

9 I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators: 10 Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world. 11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

Helps the problem, I believe.

Just talked to him and told him everything and he said hes gonna do his best from now on and he really appreciates that I worry about him sinning lol thats great I thought he was gonna go off on me. Im gonna pray about this and have faith he will change. Thanks for the advice guys!

Good job! Speaking the truth in love always gets the results God desires! I can tell you love him as a friend and your heart is for him to walk in the truth of Jesus Christ, which he is displaying openly that he is not doing so. I'll pray about this, that Holy Spirit will bring conviction upon him.

Reactions: Juk
I had a friend who was just like this guy. As he got older, the girls were not easy to get any more, so he got married. He still went out drinking often, still made lots of money, lived hard and fast. One night he was drunk and was driving home, ran over some neighbors' mailboxes. Cops were called, they showed up in his driveway. Still drunk, he shot at the cop for being on his property, arrogance at its best. Needless to say, the cop shot him, wounded him badly, and now he is in jail for probably the rest of his life. So much for his great life.

Let this guy know living like this will catch up with him eventually. How does he want his story to end? In jail or dead before he can straighten himself out? He needs to get honest with himself and with God to get on the road God has planned for him. The sooner he starts, the sooner he will get there and he will have no regrets. Guaranteed, he will have regrets staying in this lifestyle he's in now.

You need to know he may never change, just give you lip service. Just be wary and prepared. Don't go off course from God's plan for you.

Back