Is This O.k. Or Not?

I was talking with my girlfriend and I was telling her that the peace symbol is a representation of satan. She says that it is wrong for me to point out to people things that are representive of satan unless it is in the bible. She says it gives satan the floor. Is she correct? I feel that I am only trying to make someone alert of satan's deceptive way's.

The fifth and final Roman emperor of the Julio-Claudian dynasty, Nero (born Lucius Domitius Ahenabarbus 37 - 68 AD), is remembered in history for persecuting Christians. Nero's rule was so wicked he even had his mother executed. The First Roman-Jewish War (66 - 70 AD) started during his reign and today the term "Nero Cross" is the symbol of the "broken Jew" or "broken cross." The most famous person believed to be crucified by Nero was the Apostle Peter. To symbolize humility and unworthiness in comparison to Christ, Peter requested that he be crucified with his head toward the ground. As a result of Peter's death the upside down cross was used by early Christians as a positive symbol for peace. here is a link http://www.teachpeace.com/peacesymbolhistory.htm

The Peace Symbol, like the Swatiska, has an orignal meaning not many people know about. Maybe the original meaning of these symbols are irrelevant now that so many people understand them to mean a certain thing.

Your girlfriend may be right. I wonder if anyone can point to the peace symbol as having influenced their faith in any way? Perhaps it is not worth the attention and emotional energy. It may even be a distraction from the real evil, kind of like the distraction a magician uses to draw your attention away from the slight of hand performing the trick. Just food for thought.

The fifth and final Roman emperor of the Julio-Claudian dynasty, Nero (born Lucius Domitius Ahenabarbus 37 - 68 AD), is remembered in history for persecuting Christians. Nero's rule was so wicked he even had his mother executed. The First Roman-Jewish War (66 - 70 AD) started during his reign and today the term "Nero Cross" is the symbol of the "broken Jew" or "broken cross." The most famous person believed to be crucified by Nero was the Apostle Peter. To symbolize humility and unworthiness in comparison to Christ, Peter requested that he be crucified with his head toward the ground. As a result of Peter's death the upside down cross was used by early Christians as a positive symbol for peace.

When people wear these different symbols on their cloths or buy certain products with these logos that are moching christians and god does this not give satisfaction to satan?even though the person that is using these symbols doesnt know what they actually mean, I feel like that is a very big smack in the face to god. Is it or is it not? especially if it is someone who attends church regularly and wants to please god and have a good relationship with the lord. Maybe its not a smack in the face to our faith but i feel it is and i feel its my duty to alert people to these things ie: music artist that use hand gestures, symbols, subliminal messages, and lyrics to give praise to satan. then an unkowing person is listening to this stuff or thinking that the music is cool. is this stuff not in fact going to be harmful to their relationship with god?

Well one thing certain............it is very important to you.
But for what it is worth, I think you are worrying too much about trinkets and symbols and stuff.

When we say that something belongs to Satan are we not actually glorifying him? What does the fellow actually own apart from his own personal truck load of sin that is.
He is a fraud, he is a counterfeiter, he is a liar, he is a murderer.

But he never came up with an original creative idea of his own.
How did he deceive Eve and Adam?.....by working on what the Lord God had already decreed.
How did he attempt to tempt Jesus?....by working on what the Lord God had already decreed.

The story of Peter being crucified in Rome, and upside down at that is probably just that....a story.
Consider John 21:18,19. Peter was to live till he was no longer able to dress himself nor walk. That sounds more descriptive of extreme old age and infirmity rather than being taken out to be executed by crucifixion. Consider too, that by Peter's manner of death, the Lord was to be glorified.
Here we need to be careful. Rev 20:4. Many rush headlong into error thinking that those who literally are beheaded enjoy a special place in eternity, but that idea ignores too much other scripture.
In the same way, crucifying Peter,..................how exactly is the Lord glorified by that?
On the other hand, if Peter kept on feeding the Lord's sheep until his tired old body could no longer sustain his spirit, that would be a glorious testimony to the Lord. I wonder how many of us will be feeding His sheep until we drop, and how many will be saying...."righto I've done my bit for the kingdom..time to vegetate."

The 'peace symbol' in the hands of a pacifist is a symbol of pacifism, in the hands of a fanatical butcher it is a symbol for bloodshed and mayhem. What it is not, is it is not a magic talisman that has any influence over anything.
Please consider things carefully before doing an E.J.Hoover

Back