Isaac

Status
Not open for further replies.
christ can,t be the 2nd adam,john tells you this,in the beginning was the word.also God gives to Jesus no measure in spirit,so is God in life.there is only 1 Jesus and none other is like him.:)

It was not God's intention that Isaac should be sacrificed ; God would not in any case have human sacrifices used . Another sacrifice is provided.

1..... The person to be offered : Christ was sacrificed in our stead , as this ram instead of Isaac, and his death was our discharge.

2.......The Place :Solomon's Temple , the place of sacrifice , was afterwards built upon this same Mount Moriah. Another hill in the region of Moriah was later called Golgotha ( Mark 15:22) or Calvary.

3........The Manner : Jesus was offered as the lamb, the perfect scrifice who took our sins away.

OOps .... it was after I had just posted some more info about Isaac .... that was why . Thanks for the heads up Rams .

Sorry , Mike

christ can,t be the 2nd adam,john tells you this,in the beginning was the word.also God gives to Jesus no measure in spirit,so is God in life.there is only 1 Jesus and none other is like him.:)

You're arguing with scripture now not me.

Are you unaware of typology?

In Gen 1 God said that he would make man 'like' him.
Ge 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Ge 5:1 This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;

In fact he says that he will make us like Him.

1Jo 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

So he has make us in his likeness, and will make us in his likeness. Both are true.

like us should give you the truth.Jesus is no 2nd adam.Jesus is God in flesh,adam is a 2nd Jesus,but not the other way around.:)

lol I was going to say amen michael until you said that adam is a 2nd jesus :p I don't agree. but Jesus is LORD and there's no comparing Him to any human even if Paul says that Jesus is the last man. I'd rather go with how God is in the OT than with what humans say :)

adam was made in Jesus image.but walked away from God.Jesus had never been from God until he gave us salvation.

like us should give you the truth.Jesus is no 2nd adam.Jesus is God in flesh,adam is a 2nd Jesus,but not the other way around.:)

I assume that you missed this in the previous post since you insist upon rationalizing rather than addressing scripture.

Please explain this:

1 Cor.15.45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.

MODERATOR'S COMMENT

This thread has been well discussed . Everyone has stated their views and no one is changing their minds.

With that in mind, it is the opinion of the Moderators, nothing further is to be gained and the thread will be closed.

If anyone wishes to add something to this thread that is of a differing viewpoint and has not already been covered, please let anyone on the Moderator Team know, and reopening of this thread will be considered.

We thank all who participated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back