Isaiah 40:31 Mounting up with wings like eagles

I would like to present what I just learned about Isaiah 40:31.

"But those that wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up on wings like eagles, they shall run and not grow weary, they shall walk and not faint." (NKJV)

This waiting is a waiting for...waiting for the Lord to move, thus resting in Him. This resting in Him renews our strength..."Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden light." Matthew 11:28-30. They shall mount up on wings like eagles...how does an eagle mount up? An eagle mounts up in two ways: either using an updraft or a thermal(both are rising air). The eagle moves into this rising air, spreads it's wings and it lifts up, allowing it to take off flying with very little effort. Eagles do most of their flying by soaring or gliding which relies on air to lift them up and provide most of the power when flying. There is a powerful picture painted here for us: just as the eagle is lifted up by the air and uses the air to power it's flight, so are we lifted up and empowered by the Holy Spirit. All we need to do is wait on the Lord, open our wings(submit) and He will carry us to where we need to go, with little effort on our part....our yoke is easy, our burden is light. We run and don't grow weary and walk and not faint because it is the Lord that does the work in us. He does the hard work.

I hope this blessed someone. I tried to write it out the way I understood it.

Jesus referred to being "born again" as a wind that bloweth, and we can nor see this wind, or from where it comes from but, we can see it's effects on those to whom it has come upon. The Spirit of God sometimes takes us places we might not want to go on our own, but this is where we find God working, and this is the work he has prepared for us to do before time began. This is where we find our true purpose in serving him with great joy!!

Joh 3:8.. The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

By waiting on the Lord is planting a seed of faith which leads me to this verse:

John 12:24 (KJV)
Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.​

When we wait on the Lord, we're dying to self and planting the seed of faith that will grow into many MANY more seeds that what we planted.

Because Jesus taught so much in rural typologies, every christian should plant a tomato plant at the very least to help understand some of these things. If Jesus came today, we'd be talking about folk things today - like selfies.

Very nice post...although something i would like to add....is sometimes the waiting, is God waiting on us to get ready for the wind beneath our wings. If we are speaking doubt and unbelief or even what we see...then we will have nothing different.....but if we speak the Word of God regardless of what we see, hear, feel, ect....then our angels have something to respond to. They cannot and faith cannot respond to doubt and unbelief

Very nice post...although something i would like to add....is sometimes the waiting, is God waiting on us to get ready for the wind beneath our wings. If we are speaking doubt and unbelief or even what we see...then we will have nothing different.....but if we speak the Word of God regardless of what we see, hear, feel, ect....then our angels have something to respond to. They cannot and faith cannot respond to doubt and unbelief
Yes I agree, I had a picture of a person willing to step into that wind and actually opening their wings so they can be lifted up and fly when I wrote this. We have our part in this as well, we need to cooperate with the Holy Spirit.

I was watching videos on how eagles fly to get a better understanding and it is interesting what you wrote about getting ready for the wind. An eagle when it mounts up on the wind, spreads it's wings and does the necessary adjustments in order to stabilize itself before it lifts up and flies.

Last edited:
Most of the time the "mother" eagle kicks it young out of the safety of the nest to "force" it to take flight.
Who wants to be first? Raise your "wing"

I would like to present what I just learned about Isaiah 40:31.

"But those that wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up on wings like eagles, they shall run and not grow weary, they shall walk and not faint." (NKJV)

This waiting is a waiting for...waiting for the Lord to move, thus resting in Him. This resting in Him renews our strength..."Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden light." Matthew 11:28-30. They shall mount up on wings like eagles...how does an eagle mount up? An eagle mounts up in two ways: either using an updraft or a thermal(both are rising air). The eagle moves into this rising air, spreads it's wings and it lifts up, allowing it to take off flying with very little effort. Eagles do most of their flying by soaring or gliding which relies on air to lift them up and provide most of the power when flying. There is a powerful picture painted here for us: just as the eagle is lifted up by the air and uses the air to power it's flight, so are we lifted up and empowered by the Holy Spirit. All we need to do is wait on the Lord, open our wings(submit) and He will carry us to where we need to go, with little effort on our part....our yoke is easy, our burden is light. We run and don't grow weary and walk and not faint because it is the Lord that does the work in us. He does the hard work.

I hope this blessed someone. I tried to write it out the way I understood it.
Very nice post! Bless you!

Yes I agree, I had a picture of a person willing to step into that wind and actually opening their wings so they can be lifted up and fly when I wrote this. We have our part in this as well, we need to cooperate with the Holy Spirit.

I was watching videos on how eagles fly to get a better understanding and it is interesting what you wrote about getting ready for the wind. An eagle when it mounts up on the wind, spreads it's wings and does the necessary adjustments in order to stabilize itself before it lifts up and flies.

Really in all honesty....it was God......because i only have a little bit of knowledge regarding flying.....so it was interesting to hear your confirmation that they really do that. But i can tell you that as i wrote what i did God was showing me. Blessings and thanks for the thread and sharing what God showed you!

Back