Isaiah 66:4

Isaiah 66:4

I know that some of you in this forum are amazing at answering questions and I've been reading a lot of bible passages that remind us this world is temporary and a lot of what we think is real is just an illusion.. like the security of wealth, health or anything we lean on but God.

That's the background to the question about Isaiah 66:4 In my New King James version bible it states; "so I will choose their delusions"

Many of the other translations just call it trouble or problems. Does anyone know what the literal translation of that word might be?
There is quite a difference between a delusion and trouble.

Thanks for all your help, I love this place :smiley240:

i would go with dilusions,there are that many people could fall for.horoscopes,music,films,governments,living,the list of fiction is endless.like it says in palms or proverbs,endless writting of books.you can delude yourself with anything you want to believe but the truth is still the truth.

for example adultry,we know 1 man 1 women.another could read it as spiritual so being with lots of christians wouldn,t count as adultry.the list is endless.

Isa 66:4 I also will choose their delusions,H8586 and will bring their fears upon them; because when I called, none did answer; when I spake, they did not hear: but they did evil before mine eyes, and chose that in which I delighted not.

The word delusions
H8586
תּעלוּל
ta‛ălûl
tah-al-ool'
Caprice (as a fit coming on), that is, vexation; concretely a tyrant: - babe, delusion.

The word delusions is also recorded in the authorized 1611 KJV as well as in the Torah (Hebrew). So that alone is enough evidence to remove "trouble / problems" out of the equation. The way it's being used in this passage is that God will appoint our annoying fits (delusions) and fears because of rebellion by not listening to Him.

The word Choose:

H977
בּחר
bâchar
baw-khar'
A primitive root; properly to try, that is, (by implication) select: - acceptable, appoint, choose (choice), excellent, join, be rather, require.

I agree H4C. Actually it is similar to a verse in the NT:

And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie
1 Thes 2:11

This time, greek was used and the transliterated word was:

Plane (plan'-ay) meaning:

1. a wandering, a straying about
    1. one led astray from the right way, roams hither and thither
  2. metaph.
    1. mental straying
      1. error, wrong opinion relative to morals or religion
    2. error which shows itself in action, a wrong mode of acting
    3. error, that which leads into error, deceit or fraud

I know that some of you in this forum are amazing at answering questions and I've been reading a lot of bible passages that remind us this world is temporary and a lot of what we think is real is just an illusion.. like the security of wealth, health or anything we lean on but God.

That's the background to the question about Isaiah 66:4 In my New King James version bible it states; "so I will choose their delusions"

Many of the other translations just call it trouble or problems. Does anyone know what the literal translation of that word might be?
There is quite a difference between a delusion and trouble.

Thanks for all your help, I love this place :smiley240:

You should try this download. Loaded with good stuff.

http://www.e-sword.net/

Back