Israel and the Middle East

"In his well known prophecy about the end of the age recorded by Matthew and Luke, Jesus predicted the destruction of the Temple and Jerusalem which came to pass 40 years after his death and resurrection."

Do you actually believe that His discourse projecting the time of the end was about 70 AD?

Did these things take place in 70 AD? [Jeremiah 30; Zechariah 14:4-5; Matthew 24:15-16; Revelation 12:6; 12:14-17]

And do you think that the following things "all taken together" happened in 70 AD? [Luke 21:20-36]?

If so, please explain

And do not worry about "painfully" offending me .... I have very thick skin

Also since I have addressed your concerns already, here are some things for you to think about which I will be expanding upon later

The covenant confirmed in Daniel 9:26 is not some sort of "peace treaty" made by the other prince with Israel .... it is the Messiah Prince who confirms the covenant that He has with Israel [Jeremiah 31:31-37], the other prince can not and will not do this, and Israel would never buy into a phony ploy made by the other prince

You also said that you think Micah 5:5-6 is unrelated to the other prince, the little horn of Daniel's visions ..... give me your interpretation about the same and the balance of the chapter

You also stated that you think the other prince will be a "Jew" .... what is your scriptural basis for believing this?

Thank you

AGAIN: Neither I or Major think that 70 AD was "end times". Nor that Christ prophesized that the destruction of the 2nd temple was end times. In that instance, He was talking about His own imminent death and the destruction of the temple.
The rest of your post can be answered to Major as I have no idea what ethnicity the AC might be. If Jew can be descibed as ethnic. In one of your posts you mentioned that the AC? I think? was non human? I think that AC will be at least 1/2 :) If not - nevermind as I am not going back to find it.

Do you think God missed Rome?

Hardly, but the prophetic visions have scope in relationship to location and time stamps .... with specific purpose

The Lord misses nothing, but His Word does not always contain everything going on over time continuum .... if it did you would have to carry your Bible around in a mac truck

And notice that your Bible is primarily about Israel .... it is in essence a "Jewish " book centered in a Middle Eastern setting in terms of its volume and focus .... past, and future .... we Gentiles are only grafted into the root by the Lord's grace

And know this, a similar breach in time continuum lies between Genesis 1:1 and Genesis 1:2 ... the Lord just has chosen to exclude volumes of events in His endless universe over time

If you do not get this and want to know truth related to the scriptural records of His Bible prophets, you will not succeed to the extent that you might like

There is a reason why the prophets skip over earthly events from Israel's rejection of the Lord .... and then resume again with detailed future events scheduled for the period of nation's turning out in front of us

The problem with trying to force fit events in the breach of the silence has made fertile grounds for the concoction of many false hoods born by the various professing church divisions that we have today

This not only created potential for many deceptive dogmas, but also can present Christianity as a farce in the eyes of those who need salvation .... these see the factional disputes and then walk away

If you want an air tight case by using the Lord's more sure word of prophecy for witness to others, you must learn to read the prophets correctly and know that the scope of the visions is intentionally limited for clarity and for absolutes .... otherwise you will leave your testimony vulnerable to just about any theological dogma that comes along. especially in today's world

Your "Roman Empire" view is easily dismantled by those who would because it is highly speculative and not literally supported by the visions of the Bible prophets since they do not address it among many other notable events that have taken place in the breach of silence

This period gone unrecognized for what it is has open up the scriptures for just about anything people want to fabricate and insert .... and the difficulty lies in the additional baggage added by those who do it which can be very deceptive and intentionally misleading .... I could sight many examples

I don't think you do this, but many have .... so if you really want to understand the Bible prophets there are some foundational precepts needed for the task

Last edited:
"But your ability to communicate with others......not so much"

Are you looking in the mirror?

I am suspect of your comment

Your arrogance is obvious. I wanted very much to agree with you and I certainly enjoy talking about what is coming right over the horizon, but I can see now that is going to be impossible as your understanding of the Scriptures is suspect to YOUR own interpretation of said Scriptures.

May the Lord bless you and keep you as the days go on but I can see that we are not going to agree on theese things.

And still, I can see most of your other points and agree, at least, to some large extent. I simply wanted to point out, in my view I'm still unconvinced that the old Roman empire wasn't the 4th empire. So far it gives me no problems, otherwise with the rest of what you are saying as applies the middle east. I have no doubt the middle east and Israel are the focal point of end times. When the prophets say the "whole" world - I think whole world - not only the middle east.

My dear sister. I wish you well with our new brother but as for me I am done. I am too old fashioned, and too set in my understanding to argue back and forth over what I can actually read with my own eyes in the Word of God.

If you choose to continue.....God bless you but I withdraw. As Always I want you to know that I love and respect you and your thoughts.

"Your arrogance is obvious"

How about your's?

You say arrogance .... I say your excuse because you do not agree with me

I say competence .... you were very presumptions at the onset ....and you do no know me at all

I am arrogant according to you for only one reason I simply do not agree with you

..... and you do not have to read my postings you know

So I am used to your kind on an internet forum and basically will not spend much time with you going forward .... takes too much time to debate with you

If you want to present your views you should do so, but not against mine .... start your own thread and do some work

I have a mission to get a full and comprehensive picture presented related to the prophetic scriptures regarding Israel and the Middle East and what another poster does with it is obviously optional for them to choose

Do you read someone' s book and call them up every time you find something that you disagree with?

I stated initially that if anyone had reasonable questions or comments I would respond, but I do not consider your comments to be reasonable at all .... you are simply attempting to evaluate what I am posting and to then tell everyone that I am wrong ..... what is your MO?

Believe and publish what you want people to know about your views, but you are not going to use my work to promote your adventure .... this I will not allow for and believe that this is a fair response to you

I do not come to your postings with the same intent so back off
.... this would be the best thing for the forum

Last edited:
I've been gone a couple of hours and look at you two! Slinging mud - AGAIN. This thread is getting a time out.

It occurs to me you, Straighshot, did not bother to look to read your PM (private message on this forum) or look to see the thread was "frozen" for a time because of an exchange of words. Perhaps you are too busy with other forums to understand that this one is run differently. For your benefit I copied the PM so you might read it and learn when you go to your next forum. Please note the dates and time stamps:

They didn't close the thread - they "froze" it because (I guess?) of the words between you and Major. Don't get me wrong - I think they were premature because Major was leaving the thread. We don't know you as a poster but this is a forum and people post - comments evoke increased readership whether people post or not - they read. IMO, your post where you said you would "allow" little or no comment may not have been meant as arrogant but simply that is the way it was read. We don't "own" the threads we start and people can say whatever they want on it within reason. If you don't like it - you ignore it and continue posting. I don't know about other forums but this one demands respect for one another, whatever your stance. You should PM (start a conversation like this) with Abdicate and ask if the thread can be reopened and why it was closed, etc. Time is short yes - but understanding is not immediate, however we would wish it. You failed to do all God wanted you to do if you don't seek answers. Unless you think you know them all and can't learn from anyone else. Just a suggestion. I enjoyed most of the conversation.
Silk, Thursday at 9:48 PMReport

Your actions come off as prideful and not thick skinned at all because at the first sign of reasonable disagreement you vamoose. Mayhaps one of your researchers will stumble onto this post.

Back