Issue With Drivers On The Street

Your humour is beyond compare.

In Europe I believe there are ways of driving us round the bend.

I have no use how they do this.

Via Dolarossa: remaining in the middle of everything.šŸ˜
I've never had a problem driving on the left or right. I simply remained mindful that as the driver I sat next to the centerline of the road.

When BibleLover mentioned driving the M-151 Jeep and humvees in parts of Europe while serving in the military. If I'm correct the M-151 jeeps were high speed but could roll over if not driven with care, defensively.

When my Dad was stationed at Rhein Main Air Force Army Base in Germany, he purchased a used Volkswagen Beetle to drive to the base. On the autobahn I think his Beetle could only
floor 55 miles an hour while the other vehicles passed him by going as fast as 100 miles per hour. YIKES!

Major shared that he has been driving for 65 years since the Volkswagen Beetle was introduced. lol! He has never received a ticket or been in an accident. That is very impressive, Major.

I feel the installment of the radio could have been the driver's first distraction and through the years many other features increased distractions as rtm3039 shared and because of this more accidents vary today.

The responses given in this topic is encouraging and equates to driving defensively, praying and patience - watch out for the other guy.
Yes, the M151s are taller than wider. Rolling one if not that hard to do. They were the first "sticks" I had ever driven, so it was a little difficult at first.

Yes, the M151s are taller than wider. Rolling one if not that hard to do. They were the first "sticks" I had ever driven, so it was a little difficult at first.
The problem with the M-151 was its independent 4 wheel suspension. When negotiating even a small turn, the rear wheel on the opposite side of the turn direction would lift off the ground and tuck inward toward the rear diffential. If you turned it like an ordinary vehicle, you ran the risk of turning over the vehicle at even 5 mph. You had to turn gradually and counter-steer to give that rear wheel time to get straightened out and get back on the ground to avoid it tucking under when it reconnected with the ground. The M-151 was considered so unsafe that the government refused to sell them as surplus. Instead, they had the unibody structure cut in half to prevent them from ever being road worthy in the civilian world.

um. I always thought the solution, and I have put it to God...that we grow wings and fly.

This might solve our traffic problems, if we can fly like birds do, without needing to be inside machines.

Ants seem to know where they are going, they go in long lines but always in one direction. I don't think they crawl all over each other to get ahead.

Ants seem to know where they are going, they go in long lines but always in one direction. I don't think they crawl all over each other to get ahead.

Ants are fascinating creatures.

I could get lost in watching them,

when I was in Cyprus I sat for hours watching one ant carry a portion of food 10 times its size to its den and I couldn't help but feel compassion for its struggle because it had to go over hell and high water but i'm pretty sure it never really struggled as they usually are very strong little things.

he kept dropping it and dragging it and I was just amazed.

Ants are fascinating creatures.

I could get lost in watching them,

when I was in Cyprus I sat for hours watching one ant carry a portion of food 10 times its size to its den and I couldn't help but feel compassion for its struggle because it had to go over hell and high water but i'm pretty sure it never really struggled as they usually are very strong little things.

he kept dropping it and dragging it and I was just amazed.
They remind me of x-rays. When I told my doctor I couldnā€™t afford an operation, he offered to touch-up my X-rays with white out!

The problem with the M-151 was its independent 4 wheel suspension. When negotiating even a small turn, the rear wheel on the opposite side of the turn direction would lift off the ground and tuck inward toward the rear diffential. If you turned it like an ordinary vehicle, you ran the risk of turning over the vehicle at even 5 mph. You had to turn gradually and counter-steer to give that rear wheel time to get straightened out and get back on the ground to avoid it tucking under when it reconnected with the ground. The M-151 was considered so unsafe that the government refused to sell them as surplus. Instead, they had the unibody structure cut in half to prevent them from ever being road worthy in the civilian world.

I fell out of a jeep when I was in the Army when it rolled over. I went to the Doctor and told him my leg hurts. What can I do?
The doctor said ā€œLimp!ā€ā€

Hello brothers and sisters;

When we see an accident on the road we pray and ask the Lord to anoint the officers while tending to the victims and keeping them safe on the road.

Yesterday while my wife and I were driving on the freeway to Church and there was an accident between two vehicles. The California Highway Patrol and Fire truck were blocking the 1st and second lanes. There usually isn't a lot of traffic on the freeway during Sunday mornings so we figured the two cars were speeding or using their electronics.

Here's my issue. A vehicle is a luxury and was originally meant to get us from point A to point B. It seems drivers develop this power behind the wheel and feel the need to speed while driving. I noticed many vehicles today have a workstation on their dashboard - cell, speaker phone, monitor and other features which to me are distractions from driving defensively. In either case I feel people just don't seem to learn.

Again, a vehicle is a luxury that is intended to get us from here to there. But it seems drivers want more.

What can we do as drivers to help eliminate these accidents on the freeway and side streets?

I'd love to hear your thoughts.

God bless you all.
Like everything else in life.........A Little leads to a lot more.

Hello brothers and sisters;

When we see an accident on the road we pray and ask the Lord to anoint the officers while tending to the victims and keeping them safe on the road.

Yesterday while my wife and I were driving on the freeway to Church and there was an accident between two vehicles. The California Highway Patrol and Fire truck were blocking the 1st and second lanes. There usually isn't a lot of traffic on the freeway during Sunday mornings so we figured the two cars were speeding or using their electronics.

Here's my issue. A vehicle is a luxury and was originally meant to get us from point A to point B. It seems drivers develop this power behind the wheel and feel the need to speed while driving. I noticed many vehicles today have a workstation on their dashboard - cell, speaker phone, monitor and other features which to me are distractions from driving defensively. In either case I feel people just don't seem to learn.

Again, a vehicle is a luxury that is intended to get us from here to there. But it seems drivers want more.

What can we do as drivers to help eliminate these accidents on the freeway and side streets?

I'd love to hear your thoughts.

God bless you all.
Make cars' top speed no higher than 45 miles an hour. Eliminate distractions like the work station you mentioned.
And for goodness sake eliminate the new LED headlights on cars of today! Those lights are way too bright and blinds the other drivers. They need to get rid of LED lights all together!

Last edited:
As I get older, I find I have more issues with traffic. I now live 'in the boonies' as a friend has said and although there are fewer vehicles, they do stranger things (like cut corners on the hairpin turns on mountain roads even if they cannot see around the turn). When I visit my sons, I go into densely traveled roads where everyone is trying to get past all the others.

I think speed limits must be in some random unit of measure since I see little correlation between posted speeds and the actual rate of travel except that the posted speeds are much lower.

Have a movie called Slow Down! (Instead of Speed).
Install pedometers on people instead of odometers on cars. Reward people for walking. If you take 1000 steps, you win a prize for using your legs.

Should be a limit on city capacity.
If it goes over a certain number per sq km people need to move to another city. All cities should have population limits and congestion charges. There should be a limit of number of cars per household and definitely one person should NOT own more than 2 vehicles.

I know some people like collect cars as if they are toys, and race them around but they just contribute to the problem. Have the race tracks outside the city...like far away where people can't hear the screeching of car tyres.

Back