It’s not meant to be?

Via dolarossa

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Secretary
“It’s not meant to be”

The above phrase seemed to ring well for me today.

My train went right passed me causing me to miss an important appointment. Only to find the next train was late and I was informed it wouldn't arrive so I left the station only to watch it cruise in

Then I couldn’t get through to let the people know I wouldn’t be able to make my appointment. But the website told me I would have to pay to reschedule another appointment. The list goes on.

some people would say I was just very unlucky.

Things happen for a reason right?
Is this what the bible says?

Last edited:
“It’s not meant to be”

My train went right passed me causing me to miss an important appointment. Only to find the next train was late and I was informed it wouldn't arrive so I left the station only to watch it cruise in

Then I couldn’t get through to let the people know I wouldn’t be able to make my appointment. But the website told me I would have to pay to reschedule another appointment. The list goes on.

In the Scriptures.......and your Christian life, luck is not an option.

From an earthly perspective, things may seem to happen at random, but throughout the whole of Scripture, it is clear that God is in control of all of His creation and is somehow able to take the random acts of natural law, the free will of both good and evil men, and the wicked intent of demons and combine them all to accomplish His good and perfect will.

Romans 8:28 removes luck as it says.................
"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."

Thanks Major,
I sinned, 😞but wasn’t aware of it at the time.

I was half hearted about going and only went because I had to.

I was going to take my driving theory test in between 12 hour work shifts and I
Was tired and unenthusiastic.

well that has taught me a good lesson😊

The “Teach me to do your Will” verse has never made more sense than today haha

I wasn’t loving God at that moment for sure. What can I do when i don’t feel like praising Him?

Hello Via;

We all fall short with God. At that moment, stop, be honest with God and say a prayer, tell God you're sorry and ask Him to work within and change your heart.

Its Not Meant To Be and It Is What It Is

Great thread and something for all of us to think about.

God bless you and your family.

Hello Via;

We all fall short with God. At that moment, stop, be honest with God and say a prayer, tell God you're sorry and ask Him to work within and change your heart.

Its Not Meant To Be and It Is What It Is

Great thread and something for all of us to think about.

God bless you and your family.
Thankyou bob.
honestly that’s so true!
Sometimes we forget the simplistic things when we are cross with ourselves!
Good job for this place and you lot here!
😁🙏

I would say you are experiencing spiritual growth...
(By any chance, have you prayed to be taught patience?
When I did, those types of things seemed to happen all the time :))

The trials teach patience, leading to stronger faith, and hope. It's like a step by step process.

-------

2 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; 3 Knowing [this], that the trying of your faith worketh patience. 4 But let patience have [her] perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.
[James 1:2-4 KJV]

3 And not only [so], but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; 4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope:
[Romans 5:3-4 KJV]

And my favorite:

2 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,
3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that [pertain] unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious
promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
5 And beside this, giving all diligence,
add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make [you that ye shall] neither [be] barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
9 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.

10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure:
for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:
[2 Peter 1:2-10 KJV]

I would say you are experiencing spiritual growth...
(By any chance, have you prayed to be taught patience?
When I did, those types of things seemed to happen all the time :))

The trials teach patience, leading to stronger faith, and hope. It's like a step by step process.

-------

2 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; 3 Knowing [this], that the trying of your faith worketh patience. 4 But let patience have [her] perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.
[James 1:2-4 KJV]

3 And not only [so], but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; 4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope:
[Romans 5:3-4 KJV]

And my favorite:

2 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,
3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that [pertain] unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious
promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
5 And beside this, giving all diligence,
add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make [you that ye shall] neither [be] barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
9 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.

10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure:
for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:
[2 Peter 1:2-10 KJV]
Thanks AS...
Haha, yes the ever elusive patience!
It’s here one day and gone the next.
I’m finding myself not feeling blessed enough( ouch) and I feel guilty now.

I will go over those scriptures later and see if anything pops up Thankyou xxx

From an earthly perspective, things may seem to happen at random, but throughout the whole of Scripture, it is clear that God is in control of all of His creation and is somehow able to take the random acts of natural law, the free will of both good and evil men, and the wicked intent of demons and combine them all to accomplish His good and perfect will.

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."
Major I can't explain why but your words made me cry

I felt God's hands touch me as I read your post

oh my goodness he is so available, and so involved in our lives....if only we desire to be as close to him as he does to us

Major I can't explain why but your words made me cry

I felt God's hands touch me as I read your post

oh my goodness he is so available, and so involved in our lives....if only we desire to be as close to him as he does to us

I can explain it. My dear friend......it had nothing to do with me and everything to do with the Holy Spirit!

He works through us because we both have Christ in us who is the hope of glory!

God bless you and have a wonderful day and stay safe.

“It’s not meant to be”

My personal testimony is that when bad thing have happened to me, usually because of my own foolishness, the outcome has been better than the situation before, even though it can take years to resolve itself. I used to pray for specific things, but now I explain the situation to God out loud, and then I ask Him to undertake as He wills and not as I want, subjecting myself into His hands, and His will for my life. I am seventy six now and as I look back I can see how he has undertaken, and none of it has been my doing. God bless.

There you go! When we give up and let God work in us there is no telling how we will fell or what we will be able to do.

"YOU are growing"!!!!!
Major, I remember you from years back. I got into a silly argument about guns, there had been a mass shooting, and the other person was saying rocks kill, making out rocks were as bad as guns. I left the forum and have not been back until now. I remember you saying "he hasn't come back" meaning me. This was in my head. If you remember, is this true?

I don't remember my screen name at the time.

Last edited:
My personal testimony is that when bad thing have happened to me, usually because of my own foolishness, the outcome has been better than the situation before, even though it can take years to resolve itself. I used to pray for specific things, but now I explain the situation to God out loud, and then I ask Him to undertake as He wills and not as I want, subjecting myself into His hands, and His will for my life. I am seventy six now and as I look back I can see how he has undertaken, and none of it has been my doing. God bless.
Yes I realised I was being foolish at the time. too. And, God worked it in my favour because not only have I become more self aware of my shortfalls, but I also needed a cleaner heart, which He is so gracefully taking care of😁

One thing that has stuck in my thoughts is that God, who created time itself and is thus outside time, has a different perspective from ourselves. We see moment by moment while God perceives the whole sweep of time as a whole.

Nothing in God's sight, including our actions, changes the future He perceives. But from our viewpoint, the future is determined as an interaction among all time's inhabitants including ourselves and God's will.

From our standpoint not meant to be may be understood that it does not (and never did) exist in God's timeless perception. But from our standpoint within time, we are always making our own choices and from our limited point of view creating that future that God perceives.

One thing that has stuck in my thoughts is that God, who created time itself and is thus outside time, has a different perspective from ourselves. We see moment by moment while God perceives the whole sweep of time as a whole.

Nothing in God's sight, including our actions, changes the future He perceives. But from our viewpoint, the future is determined as an interaction among all time's inhabitants including ourselves and God's will.

From our standpoint not meant to be may be understood that it does not (and never did) exist in God's timeless perception. But from our standpoint within time, we are always making our own choices and from our limited point of view creating that future that God perceives.
Well said.

Romans 12:2......
" Do not be conformed to this present world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may test and approve what is the will of God—what is good and well-pleasing and perfect. "

Because God is omniscient, He knows what He will accomplish in us. He knows what we will do, and what we would do, in any given circumstance. Thus, His plans for us will never fail; they will never be flawed by some missing piece of information, some unknown detail. God's plan and purpose for each and every believer is for our good, and for His glory.

But there is also something in the Scriptures called "The Permissive Will of God".

The Permissive Will of God is that will which God does not decree to occur, nor is it His will since it is not in accordance with His Law.
God's permissive will is His will to permit sin to occur. God allows man to rebel against Him in the choices we make and in this God permits people to do such things as lie, steal, etc.

Example, Jermiah 19:5.............
"and have built the high places of Baal to burn their sons in the fire as burnt offerings to Baal, a thing which I never commanded or spoke of, nor did it ever enter My mind."

Luke 8:32.......
"Now there was a herd of many swine feeding there on the mountain; and the demons entreated Him to permit them to enter the swine. And He gave them permission."

Romans 1:21-23.........
"For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God, or give thanks; but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools, 23 and exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man and of birds and four-footed animals and crawling creatures."

Major, I remember you from years back. I got into a silly argument about guns, there had been a mass shooting, and the other person was saying rocks kill, making out rocks were as bad as guns. I left the forum and have not been back until now. I remember you saying "he hasn't come back" meaning me. This was in my head. If you remember, is this true?

I don't remember my screen name at the time.

No sir I do not remember you or even saying what you posted. I just do not remember referring to your as "He hasn't come back".

I will however confirm that people having guns is not the problem. If you recall, Cain killed his brother a long time before guns came upon the scene.
Guns have done nothing but make murder easier, quicker and more efficient.

It is in the hearts on man wherein lies the problem. The "hand" does not sin that pulls the trigger but the heart which tells it to do so.

I hope that me not remembering you will not keep you from "Coming back".

Back