It is the gift of God.........Faith or Salvation??

It is the gift of God.........Faith or Salvation??

Is he talking about Faith or Salvation in these particular scripture?
English is not my mother toungue you know:):D
NKJV

Eph 2:8
That in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,

Amplified Version
For it is by free grace (God's unmerited favor) that you are saved ([c]delivered from judgment and made partakers of Christ's salvation) through [your] faith. And this [salvation] is not of yourselves [of your own doing, it came not through your own striving], but it is the gift of God;

Hello, Nathi! It is good to study and ask questions! I think it means both. Salvation is a gift. We cannot earn it, buy it, steal it, or create it. It is given to us by His great love for us.
Faith is also a gift as we can do nothing in ourselves. We have to depend on God for everything, including faith to believe.
GroupHuddle.gif
Bless you, sweetie!

Indeed Fluffy God gives us the measure of faith to believe with. Saved by GRACE ( God's unmerited and undeserved favor) thru FAITH ( simple belief and trust in His provision.

This text brings that out nicely:
Tit 3:3 For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another.
Tit 3:4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,
Tit 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
Tit 3:6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;
Tit 3:7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
Tit 3:8This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.

Thanks

Its just that when I always read my NKJV bible, I always thought Paul was speaking about Faith to be gift from God [Which is true] in that particular verse, but when I read Amp version, its says salvation[which I know that it also a gift from God], so I got little bit confuse, because I wanted to quote the verse, when talking about faith as the gift from God, for a post I wanted to make.

Hope you guys get what I mean.......:):)

Thanks for the reply

When in doubt compare multiple versions:
(ACV) For ye are saved by grace through faith, and this a gift of God, not from you,
(ALT) For by grace you* have been saved, through faith, and this [is] not from you*; [it is] the gift of God,
(AUV-NT) For you have been saved by God’s unearned favor, through [your] faith, and that [salvation] was not the result of your own doing; it was the gift from God.
(ASV) for by grace have ye been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;
(BBE) Because by grace you have salvation through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is given by God:
(Bishops) For by grace are ye made safe through fayth, and that not of your selues, it is the gyft of God:
(CEV) You were saved by faith in God, who treats us much better than we deserve. This is God's gift to you, and not anything you have done on your own.
(CENT) For by grace you have been saved through faith; and this is not of yourselves, it is the gift of God-
(Complete Apostles' Bible) For by grace you are saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,
(Darby) For ye are saved by grace, through faith; and this not of yourselves; it is God's gift:
(DRB) For by grace you are saved through faith: and that not of yourselves, for it is the gift of God.
(EMTV) For by grace you are saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,
(ESV) For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,
(Geneva) For by grace are ye saued through faith, and that not of your selues: it is the gift of God,
(GNB) For it is by God's grace that you have been saved through faith. It is not the result of your own efforts, but God's gift, so that no one can boast about it.

(GW) God saved you through faith as an act of kindness. You had nothing to do with it. Being saved is a gift from God.

(ISV) For by such grace you have been saved through faith. This does not come from you; it is the gift of God
(JPS)(KJ2000) For by grace are you saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
(KJV+TVM) For1063 by grace5485 are ye2075[5748] saved4982[5772] through1223 faith4102; and2532 that5124 not3756 of1537 yourselves5216: it is the gift1435 of God2316:
(KJV+) For1063 by grace5485 are2075 ye saved4982 through1223 faith;4102 and2532 that5124 not3756 of1537 yourselves:5216itis the3588 gift1435 of God:2316(KJV-1611) For by grace are ye saued, through faith, and that not of your selues: it is the gift of God:
(KJVA) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
(KJVR) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: itis the gift of God:
(LITV) For by grace you are saved, through faith, and this not of yourselves; it is the gift of God;
(LONT) For by favor you are saved through faith; and this salvation not by yourselves; it is the gift of God-
(MKJV) For by grace you are saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God,
(Murdock) For it is by his grace we are rescued, through faith; and this is not of yourselves, but it is the gift of God:
(Rev. Webster+) For1063 by grace5485 are ye2075 [5748] saved4982 [5772] through1223 faith4102; and2532 that5124 not3756 of1537 yourselves5216: it is the gift1435 of God2316:
(RYLT-NT) for by grace you are having been saved, through faith, and this not of you -- of God the gift,
(RV) for by grace have ye been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
(TRC) For by grace are ye made safe(saved) thorow faith, and that not of your selves: For it is the gift of God,
(The Scriptures '98+) For by favour you have been saved, through belief, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of Elohim,
(TCNT) For it is by God's loving-kindness that you have been saved, through your faith. It is not due to yourselves; the gift is God's.
(Tyndale) For by grace are ye made safe thorowe fayth and that not of youre selves. For it is the

We have already been given a measure of faith and now by means of the faith we receive His grace or completely unmerited favor. This grace is forgiveness and restores our position with God that mankind lost so long ago. We have been given many things thru this grace and not the least is the very righteousness of God in Chirst. Yes faith is a gift. Yes salvation is a gift.

Back