It's very easy to see the moral failings in others...

... and quite difficult to see in ourselves.

“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye. (Matthew 7:1-5 ESV)

Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.
Yes, how can you help someone else remove something from their life when you can't find or even see what needs to be removed from your own life? Not that you shouldn't help them in their time of need, but, you should not stick your nose into their life as if you are an authority when you should be asking for help yourself. ("You" here means any one of us.)

Yes, how can you help someone else remove something from their life when you can't find or even see what needs to be removed from your own life? Not that you shouldn't help them in their time of need, but, you should not stick your nose into their life as if you are an authority when you should be asking for help yourself. ("You" here means any one of us.)

Wow! This was a conversation my wife and I just had last week. I'm not going to mention names but she was speaking to mwa.

At times we want to help others but as LearningToLetGo and Big Moose shared, we can go too far into their lives. We don't mean to but it happens and we have to know when to just be an encourager, not a scolder and back off.

God bless you, brothers.

I see it all the time in advertisements, news articles, op-eds or simply everyday talk. Everyone seems to know how other people should behave, yet no one asks if their own behavior is correct...

Then it hit me: That's me! I am no different. I, too, am blind to my own faults.

It is humbling...

Wow! This was a conversation my wife and I just had last week. I'm not going to mention names but she was speaking to mwa.

At times we want to help others but as LearningToLetGo and Big Moose shared, we can go too far into their lives. We don't mean to but it happens and we have to know when to just be an encourager, not a scolder and back off.

God bless you, brothers.
Been there, done that! Tough position to be in when person A wants to talk about something that is bothering them, but doesn't really want solutions from person B, ends up person A just gets more upset. I lose more hair this way. Bless you too, brother.

Galatians 6:1-6

King James Version

6 Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.
2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.
3 For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself.
4 But let every man prove his own work, and then shall he have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another.
5 For every man shall bear his own burden.
6 Let him that is taught in the word communicate unto him that teacheth in all good things.

the world loves to use

“Judge not, that you be not judged there are those out there no matter how hard you try simply does not want help. a woman i know was on facebook saying how bad she had it her husband doing kidney dialysis 3 times week wanting help. he is a vet it was suggested by me and other check with the va. ..that blew her up and she had a carnal melt down on facebook. i politely told her i wouldn't bother again.. she then said it felt like i was judging her .. rule of thumb never offer help to a drama queen

Back