I've Never Felt God's Presence And I've Been Saved For 3 Yrs : / Is There Something Wrong?

The Greek definition of apostle is 'one who is sent on a mission'. Anyone who is on a mission for Jesus is His apostle. I assume Domenic assumes the last apostle was Paul, but then he is ignoring 1 Peter 2:9 and the application of the definition 'apostle' to the line ''God's special possession, that you may declare the praises'' and the popular Matt 28:19 (unless you assume evangelising should end with the 12 disciples or Paul ?><?).

God speaks to His sheep, John 10:27. Sure the early apostles were His sheep, just as we are...

Domenic, do you care to explain the difference between us and Paul?

L

little flower

Dear Domenic,

please forgive me for having chosen the wrong words!
In no (!) way do I think that you "are too old to reason clearly". I did never mean that !!!!!!

Actually you are reasoning very much better than I would even think I could.

I just wanted to say that we should not be angry at one another.

I am so very much sorry if I hurt your feelings!
I am just too stupid for posting here, I think.
Please forgive me.

Love little flower

Rusty, I know you are done with the conversation with Domenic, but for my piece of mind could you please provide me with something that is proof that God speaks to people after the death of the last apostle? I'm thinking it's the holy spirit but could you provide those scriptures? Thank you.

King J has done a fine job right here:

The Greek definition of apostle is 'one who is sent on a mission'. Anyone who is on a mission for Jesus is His apostle. I assume Domenic assumes the last apostle was Paul, but then he is ignoring 1 Peter 2:9 and the application of the definition 'apostle' to the line ''God's special possession, that you may declare the praises'' and the popular Matt 28:19 (unless you assume evangelising should end with the 12 disciples or Paul ?><?).

God speaks to His sheep, John 10:27. Sure the early apostles were His sheep, just as we are...

Domenic, do you care to explain the difference between us and Paul?

I hope he does get around to fully explaining how God does not speak to his saints today.

I'm not angry in the least...just stunned a Christian would say something like this and not back it up with Scripture.

So you cannot back up you theory that God does not speak to His saints? I can see that you cannot. No problem. You just can't prove your religious ideas, that's apparent.

Now I think KingJ's quoting John 10:27 would perhaps move you to answer him, at least....but...

Now as for the Lord speaking and guiding His own we have:

John 16:13 But, when he, the Spirit of truth is come, he will guide you into all the truth: for he will not speak from himself; but whatever he shall hear, that will he speak: and he will show you things to come.

So how many more verses ya need?

That was Jesus speaking. It was not meant for you and me, or people of our time. There is nothing I can say to you that makes sense. You believe what you believe. Go down your path.
HUH? So Jesus was just talking for or to Himself??? Curiouser.

For some reason you are in combat with what you believe. Believe what you will, the way you will. Take care. If you take others down your path, you will be called too account for it. I will not respond to further post from you...I am not here for combat. If you have a issues take it up with God.
Hey...This is a forum...where folks are supposed to talk about spiritual matters...not just fling ideas about and expect folks not to comment, challenge or question.

Hahaha...I'm not in combat with my own beliefs and if I have issues that I can ask you, why can't I ask you?

And you have yet to show where God says He does not speak to His saints today...How can you make such a claim and refuse to explore it, explain it, or allow others to ask you about it?

You said:
Yes I agree he does answer. What I was saying is, “He does not talk to us…there is no
voice.” Many time I have gone to him, and asked, “Can you give me understanding on a subject,” and within a few days the subject will become very clear…but there is no voice.

Now this is YOUR experience, and you have yet to show Him saying "There will be no voice from Me."

If one of us says "I actually heard God speak to me!" what will you say?

So.....Are these testimonies merely lies? Not to me!:

In 1957, during his studies at Cambridge, he took a holiday to America to visit relatives. Billy Graham was preaching in Madison Square Garden. Cassidy attended the meetings and after one of those meetings Cassidy says, “I heard God’s voice saying, "I want you to do city evangelism in Africa.” This was a shock to Cassidy’s system.
http://lightmagazine.ca/index.php?page=public.viewarticle&nArticlesID=540

There's plenty more....

You must be catholic. Your saints are false. Catholics pray to their man made saints. Jesus said to only pray to the Father through him…I guess no one has made a catholic out of him yet. I was raised a catholic. There is nothing we have in common. There is nothing about your religion I believe. There is one thing you can take to the bank…I will be standing when the Nations destroy your religion, along with the rest of the false ones.
If you hear a voice, it's not from God...
Hahaha....Nope....dead wrong...I've never been a Catholic.

So now you say if one hears a voice it cannot be God. Wow. Bold claimer, you be.

By the way: the term "saints" is quite biblical.

L

little flower

Help!
Domenic vanished!
I had so many questions, but he just vanished 2 minutes ago!

L

little flower

Dear Domenic,
If you watch this message right now, I beg you to please return and answer my questions!
Please!
Your last words were, that you will share with me God's truth some time .
But I need it now. It is unfair to let me behind without answering my question!!!!!
What was wrong with my last reasoning?
You make me cry!!!!
Please tell me what you know!
Please!
little flower

Dear Domenic,
If you watch this message right now, I beg you to please return and answer my questions!
Please!
Your last words were, that you will share with me God's truth some time .
But I need it now. It is unfair to let me behind without answering my question!!!!!
What was wrong with my last reasoning?
You make me cry!!!!
Please tell me what you know!
Please!
little flower

Domenic is not God's only mouthpiece. There are a number of people here who can help you to find the answers to your questions. I say that by way of reassurance. If you seek God's truth, He will reveal it to you, sometimes even through people who don't even know they are imparting it. If God can make a donkey talk to deliver His message, He can ensure that you receive what you need through any of many of His servants.:)

L

little flower

Thank you so much, dear Rumely.
I don't know if you watched the various threads that he started. I was trying to answer all his questions, but I was simply too slow. And too stupid.
I couldn't type fast enough, and I had to read several times what he wrote, because I could not understand his reasoning.
But he answered to me directly, and it was as if he was holding a message for me.
And when I asked for this, he suddenly vanished. Through his picture he seemed to watch me.
Oh, I really hope that he was not angry with me.

I am sorry, dear Rumely, of course I will listen to what you and others write as well.
I did not mean to offend you or others. I am just not so good.
I wished I could vanish, too.

Thank you so much, dear Rumely.
I don't know if you watched the various threads that he started. I was trying to answer all his questions, but I was simply too slow. And too stupid.
I couldn't type fast enough, and I had to read several times what he wrote, because I could not understand his reasoning.
But he answered to me directly, and it was as if he was holding a message for me.
And when I asked for this, he suddenly vanished. Through his picture he seemed to watch me.
Oh, I really hope that he was not angry with me.

I am sorry, dear Rumely, of course I will listen to what you and others write as well.
I did not mean to offend you or others. I am just not so good.
I wished I could vanish, too.

You are not too slow or stupid. In fact, as to slowness, a lot of people would be better off and wiser if they would slow down a little. You have not offended me or the others here and you must stop thinking of your presence as an inconvenience. If you have a heart to know God, He will show you the truth and He has many willing servants at His disposal to use in doing so.

I have watched all of Domenic's threads and I can assure you that he was not angry with you, nor did he disappear because of you.

You seem to have a pervasive sense of shame and rejection. I don't know where this came from, whether life experiences or perhaps the teachings of the cult you have mentioned, but it makes you rather vulnerable to manipulation. Speaking for myself, my desire is for you to know God's truth and become strong and confident in your faith. I am not looking for my own personal disciples, so I have no desire to manipulate you or mislead you in any way.

Settle in and make yourself comfortable, you are welcome here. Following God is a life-long learning and growing process, so the most profound truths are often revealed over a long time. There is no need for vanishing, there is a place for you here.