James 1:1-4

James 1:1-4 King James Version (KJV)

1 James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.

2 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;

3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.

4 But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

Easy English Bible
1This letter is from James, who is a servant of God and of theLord Jesus Christ. I say ‘hello’ to the 12tribes of the Jews, who live in many parts of the world.

2 My Christian brothers, be very happy when all kinds of tests happen to you. 3 You are continuing to fight these troubles. And you know that your faith will become stronger then. 4 Continue to be strong for the fight. So you will become completely mature and you will not need anything

© Wycliffe Associates (UK), 1999-2008

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

1 Even though James was raised up with Jesus, he makes no more claim to Christ than we have; we are all servants of Christ and are all equal at the foot of the cross. James wrote the letter to the twelve tribes, the Jewish nation which was separated.

2 To be told to be happy for going thru trails is something odd. It is by God allowing us to go thru tests that we often times grow closer to Him. God allows us thru the tests because He wants us to rely on Him to get thru them.

3 It is by our struggles that we know how strong our faith truly is and allows us to see our need for Jesus more than anything else. Our faith grows fastest when we look to the Lord because we are going thru a struggle. Sometimes God allows us to go thru struggles because we can not make it unless we go to Him.

4 We have to be patience because growing in faith takes time; we have our entire life to grow closer to the Lord because until we meet Him we can always grow closer to Him.

You may not accept this, but here goes. You're in error on two comments:

It is by God allowing us to go thru tests

God allows us to go thru struggles

God is love. Three little unbelievable words, to most, impossible to grasp by all. He doesn't "allow" any evil to just happen to us. Evil happens to us because of sin. According to Ezekiel 3:18, if you allow sin unchallenged, then you're just as guilty as the one committing the evil. So, is God evil because He "allows" sin? As Paul says, "God forbid!" Sin means "to miss the mark". How can we know what the mark is except we are told?

Job learned this lesson by first erroneously stating "God gives, God takes away" of which he repented of later when he realized that this isn't true, the devil is the thief who comes to steal when we allow him into our lives. When we sin and don't repent, we're allowing the devil to come through the front door. Job didn't have faith except in works, so he sinned, Rom 14:23. In the end, Job said to God "I had heard of you by the hearing of the ear, but now my eye sees you; therefore I despise myself, and repent in dust and ashes" (Job 42:5-6 ESV) and this is why God said Job didn't sin when evil befell him, He gave God the glory in the midst of his troubles.

Adam too learned this when he blamed everyone for his condition, but God said, “Because you have done this, cursed are you" (Genesis 3:14 ESV) so whose fault was it? God's? Did God allow sin? No, He set the commandment and man's free will, one of two God-like gifts, was chosen over God's will. If you don't get this differentiation then you'll miss out on the flip side of what's spelled out in the scriptures and God's promises concerning sin and freedom from it.

Job let sin into his heart through fear, the opposite of faith, thereby allowing Satan legal access, also because Job executed his faith in works (sacrifices - just in case his kids sinned) instead of works by faith. How can we overcome sin if we don't believe in the finished work of Christ. God is Love and doesn't use sin to "teach us a lesson", but His goodness leads men to repentance, Rom 2:4. Only love and goodness and truth comes from God in infinite amounts. Free will is what keeps us in sin by our own choosing, not to "learn a lesson". Anyhow, that's my two cents.

James 1:1-4 King James Version (KJV)

1 James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.

4 But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

Easy English Bible
1This letter is from James, who is a servant of God and of theLord Jesus Christ. I say ‘hello’ to the 12tribes of the Jews, who live in many parts of the world.

2 My Christian brothers, be very happy when all kinds of tests happen to you. 3 You are continuing to fight these troubles. And you know that your faith will become stronger then. 4 Continue to be strong for the fight. So you will become completely mature and you will not need anything

© Wycliffe Associates (UK), 1999-2008

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

1 Even though James was raised up with Jesus, he makes no more claim to Christ than we have; we are all servants of Christ and are all equal at the foot of the cross. James wrote the letter to the twelve tribes, the Jewish nation which was separated.

2 To be told to be happy for going thru trails is something odd. It is by God allowing us to go thru tests that we often times grow closer to Him. God allows us thru the tests because He wants us to rely on Him to get thru them.

3 It is by our struggles that we know how strong our faith truly is and allows us to see our need for Jesus more than anything else. Our faith grows fastest when we look to the Lord because we are going thru a struggle. Sometimes God allows us to go thru struggles because we can not make it unless we go to Him.

4 We have to be patience because growing in faith takes time; we have our entire life to grow closer to the Lord because until we meet Him we can always grow closer to Him.

Hello Brother Clark,

The joy of the Lord is our strength - when we walk in Joy of the Lord then our hearts are fixed on Christ and Gods word and ways. We don't complain about them nor do we cry out why are you doing this or allowing these things. No sir we operate by Faith - Knowing Gods written word and thus doing what His word says or facing the trial head on how Gods word teaches us too. This is how we know growth in Christ - when trials come we don't do anything different for we are already walking by Faith as His word says.

This is what the trials Prove - Patience and not the urban dictionary meaning of patience.
Biblical Patience is being the same consistent constantly the same in His word or ways. Another words our faith does not waver. We don't have to panic and run and find us some faith. We walk by faith every moment of our lives and do nothing different and stay Joyful in Christ knowing He will get us through.

If you grumble or complain or panic and allow these trials and such to bother you or shake you up or hinder your faith then Patience can not work or grow thus leaving you in a Struggle needing and wanting. When patience can work then you see the victory and or have the victory. You get to the other side.............
Most Important - the devil can not shake you up and keep you in lack or need or want - for you are operating under kingdom law and thus allowing Gods word to do what it says it will do.

That is my 2 cents on this...........
God Bless and Have a very Blessed and Joyful Thanksgiving my loving Brother Clark.
James.........I have been using this name so much from my email being registered under it, that to write Jim any more seems strange.......lol

He doesn't "allow" any evil to just happen to us. Evil happens to us because of sin
So the big question here is, what is evil? Is losing your job evil? Losing your house? I do believe that God gives us struggles to handle. And it is our choice to make it a blessing or a sin. Just like Abraham. He could have said no to God when He asked him to sacrifice Isaac.

Yesterday I heard a speaker who was telling while he was in Milan God told him to be kind. When he was checking in a hotel he has to pay extra for his kids and the extra beds. Instead of being kind he began to argue. The result? A lot of lost time and he had still to pay. Was it evil or sin that made him pay extra? Maybe God sent him to that hotel to learn.

So the big question here is, what is evil? Is losing your job evil? Losing your house? I do believe that God gives us struggles to handle. And it is our choice to make it a blessing or a sin. Just like Abraham. He could have said no to God when He asked him to sacrifice Isaac.

Yesterday I heard a speaker who was telling while he was in Milan God told him to be kind. When he was checking in a hotel he has to pay extra for his kids and the extra beds. Instead of being kind he began to argue. The result? A lot of lost time and he had still to pay. Was it evil or sin that made him pay extra? Maybe God sent him to that hotel to learn.
In this world we will have persecution or trials and so forth. In this world is your Key.
No one not saved or unsaved can be in this earth with out them. Sin and mans free will and the way of the world or the world system will bring them every day. God has nothing to do with them. He has however given us the right and way to walk above them and tonot alloow them to hinder us. Our choice.........

Let me ask you a question. Did this man seek God for which hotel to go to or did he just make the choice on his own? If he made his own choice...then God had nothing to do with any of it. He is dealing with the world and they make their own choices and rules for their establishments. In America hotels charge if there is more than one person and there is a different rate if you get one big bed or two smaller ones....and if people need an extra roll away then there is an extra charge as well.

His lesson is that he should have been at peace when told he had to pay extra, but he allowed his flesh to react and be offended, thus causing or allowing strife and frustration to be in the situation. If he had walked in peace God could have caused that extra that he paid to come back to him somewhere else. Which is walking in His favor and THEE BLESSING (which is the blessing of Abraham).

In my opinion the things you mentioned above are not the evil. It could be an attack of the enemy or something that the person did in error against the rules, or simply a policy of an establishment. It all depends upon the situation. But it is never God trying to teach us something. That is contrary to His Character.

God Bless

Let me ask you a question. Did this man seek God for which hotel to go to or did he just make the choice on his own? If he made his own choice...then God had nothing to do with any of it. He is dealing with the world and they make their own choices and rules for their establishments. In America hotels charge if there is more than one person and there is a different rate if you get one big bed or two smaller ones....and if people need an extra roll away then there is an extra charge as well.

His lesson is that he should have been at peace when told he had to pay extra, but he allowed his flesh to react and be offended, thus causing or allowing strife and frustration to be in the situation. If he had walked in peace God could have caused that extra that he paid to come back to him somewhere else. Which is walking in His favor and THEE BLESSING (which is the blessing of Abraham).

In my opinion the things you mentioned above are not the evil. It could be an attack of the enemy or something that the person did in error against the rules, or simply a policy of an establishment. It all depends upon the situation. But it is never God trying to teach us something. That is contrary to His Character.

God Bless
Amen Cturtle,
God can use "Things and or Situations" to teach us - That Is If We Allow Him To and this takes the attitude or heart that will walk in Gods way in the situation - (Love-Patience-Faith) and seek God to find out what they can learn from this.....

When people get into strife and a heavy heart or bitterness and so forth - well they limit big time to anything they could have learned. Walk in the flesh then reep of the flesh But Walk In The Spirit and you Shall Reep the things Of the Spirit - evan as learning in any situation.
Have a very Blessed and Joyful Thanksgiving
God Bless
James W

All of those things are not from God.

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning​
(James 1:17 KJV)

We are at WAR dude and you're blaming evil on God! Learn the truth and honor God and you won't lose your house unless it is through persecution. The Holy Spirit warns everyone before calamity comes because He's trying to get YOU to change so it won't happen. Your hotel incident is a perfect example! :D

We are at WAR dude and you're blaming evil on God!
I certainly don't blame evil on God. Why is losing your house evil? That was the question. Most people are so materialistic. Losing your house or job isn't evil. It could just that little push you need to go doing something better or learning that a job is not that important.

The Holy Spirit warns everyone before calamity comes because He's trying to get YOU to change so it won't happen.
Do you have any proof of that?

I certainly don't blame evil on God. Why is losing your house evil? That was the question. Most people are so materialistic. Losing your house or job isn't evil. It could just that little push you need to go doing something better or learning that a job is not that important.

Do you have any proof of that?
Proofs in the word Bro. Draw close to God and He will draw close to you. Another words point being here..................you deepen your relationship with God the FATHER and you will hear the Holy Spirit more then you ever dreamed.

In Galatians 6:
7 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. 8 For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life. 9 And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.

Why would God set up a world in which we reap what we sow? So we have responsibility for what we do. If He fixed everything for us and made all outcomes happy ones for us, what would we learn? What is good if we don't have bad to compare it to?

It says "God is not mocked". We can't blame Him or mouth off to Him because it is our choices which we have to live with. God involves Himself thru the Spirit in us when we accept Him as Jesus our Savior. Then we receive direction, and then all things work together for good to them who love God and are called according to His purpose. People fret about the "things working together" part. It is not a cake walk. It is the outcome which is good.

Back