James 2:18-19

James 2:18-19 King James Version (KJV)
18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

James 2:18-19 The Voice (VOICE)

18 I know what you’re thinking: “OK, you have faith. And I have actions. Now let’s see your faith without works, and I’ll show you a faith that works.”

19 Do you think that just believing there’s one God is going to get you anywhere? The demons believe that, too, and it terrifies them!

The Voice (VOICE) The Voice Bible Copyright © 2012 Thomas Nelson, Inc. The Voice™ translation © 2012 Ecclesia Bible Society All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

18 If we have faith that does not work then we need to question whether we truly have faith to begin with, our faith should be used by the Spirit to work thru it should just happen to have the Spirit means the Spirit works in us and thru us. Faith should be moving us closer to God.

19 Many people hold there faith to them believing Jesus died on the cross for the sins but Satan knows this to but we have to accept Him as Lord Satan will not do this but this is the requirement for salvation. Jesus should run our life by the Spirit thru our faith.

Faith with out works is dead faith.

1. Faith will Always be Followed by a corresponding action.
...... words
....... deeds

True Biblical Faith does not give up or question God's promises. It simply believes without doubt or fear.

It puts forth action
Deeds....things we do. Not just hearing but Doing

To simply just have faith there is a God will not provide or produce the results God's written word promises us.

People who stop there, do not grow in the things of the Lord. They can not walk in His ways and live a defeated life.

They may enter heaven ..... just escaping the fire but they have no rewards waiting on them. I am referring to born again Christians who have not just been saved but rather been saved for some time.

Blessings
FCJ

Back