James 3:1-4

James 3:1-4 King James Version (KJV)
3 My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.

2 For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.

3 Behold, we put bits in the horses' mouths, that they may obey us; and we turn about their whole body.

4 Behold also the ships, which though they be so great, and are driven of fierce winds, yet are they turned about with a very small helm, whithersoever the governor listeth.

James 3:1-4 The Voice (VOICE)
3 My brothers and sisters, do not encourage a large number of you to become teachers because teachers will be held to a higher standard. 2 We all stumble along the way. If a person never speaks hurtful words or shouts in anger or profanity, then he has achieved perfection. The one who can control his tongue can also control the rest of his body. 3 It’s like when we place a metal bit into a horse’s mouth to ride it; we can control its entire body with the slightest movement of our hands.4 Have you ever seen a massive ship sailing effortlessly across the water? Despite its immense size and the fact that it is propelled by mighty winds, a small rudder directs the ship in any direction the pilot chooses.

The Voice (VOICE) The Voice Bible Copyright © 2012 Thomas Nelson, Inc. The Voice™ translation © 2012 Ecclesia Bible Society All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

1 The judgment for teachers is more strict because we are judged by what we teach and sometimes the misunderstandings of how people understand what we say and of course we are judged by the wrong teaching that we might say and the people that we could be mislead this is why Jesus has to lead each teacher.

2 None of us can be perfect, Christ alone is perfect. We as teachers are to best practice what we teach, not just teach but live by it.

3 We are to train ourselves to follow God and live for Him because otherwise our flesh will take us another way instead of His.

4 Sins that seem very little can move us so far from where God wants us but also little acts of obedience can move us by God to places greater and faster then we think possible.

Back