James 3:10-12

James 3:10-12 King James Version (KJV)
10 Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.

11 Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?

12 Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.

James 3:10-12 New Life Version (NLV)

10 Giving thanks and speaking bad words come from the same mouth. My Christian brothers, this is not right! 11 Does a well of water give good water and bad water from the same place? 12 Can a fig tree give olives or can a grape-vine give figs? A well does not give both good water and bad water.

New Life Version (NLV) Copyright © 1969 by Christian Literature International

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

10 We often double talk; our talk should always be good. We should not bring curses but rather pray for them.

11 We need to be the good water, we need to stop letting the bad flow out of us but let it all honor God.

12 We cant truly be Christian if we are bearing the fruit of this world, thru Jesus we will bear His fruit although sin hinders the produce.

James 3:10-12 King James Version (KJV)
10 Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.

11 Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?

12 Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.

James 3:10-12 New Life Version (NLV)

10 Giving thanks and speaking bad words come from the same mouth. My Christian brothers, this is not right! 11 Does a well of water give good water and bad water from the same place? 12 Can a fig tree give olives or can a grape-vine give figs? A well does not give both good water and bad water.

New Life Version (NLV) Copyright © 1969 by Christian Literature International

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

10 We often double talk; our talk should always be good. We should not bring curses but rather pray for them.

11 We need to be the good water, we need to stop letting the bad flow out of us but let it all honor God.

12 We cant truly be Christian if we are bearing the fruit of this world, thru Jesus we will bear His fruit although sin hinders the produce.

We just studied this last week at our prayer meeting, clark. I agree with your thoughts and feel we do fall short here. As for myself, when I'm around brothers or sisters who are mindful with their words, one on one, or with others, and uplift the body of Christ, I am conscious to praise the Lord for the purity of their words quietly from my heart. This ministers to me.

God forgive me, when I double talk I feel I lose my witness for Christ, that my tongue gives a picture of my human nature. So when I remember that brother or sister who speaks "good water", I put into practice by immediately going to the Lord and repenting quietly, behind closed doors or openly to others.

The more I think about James 3:10-12 the more Christ conscious I desire to become in my speech, everyday.

On a lighter note, my thoughts on "good water", I like bottled water but where we live the tap water is still good drinking water. lol!

Good thread, clark, God bless you for sharing your teaching.

The more I think about James 3:10-12 the more Christ conscious I desire to become in my speech, everyday.

Yes, bobinfaith, nothing like a little dose of James to help us do just that! I led a womans' group study on The Book of James a few years back. To me it was like the four gospels summarized because the main guidelines for living and navigating as followers of Jesus are all there.

Having grown up in a home where constant criticism from my older siblings was the daily practice..it was easier to join in than to do what my mom said which was to remember that silence is golden and if I couldn't say something nice say nothing at all.

James 3..speaks, no, even more, shouts out to us about the power of the tongue and our use of it.

Blessings,

Last edited:
Back