jegblg144 - Welcome to CFS

ModeratorTeam

CFS Moderators
Staff member
Senior Moderator
jegblg144 Welcome to the Forum.

We ask this of all new members:

Please look over the following forum links and familiarize yourself with them. This will allow you to have a safe and enjoyable time here in the Forum.

This is just forum procedure and required reading for all new members.
  1. Forum Policies and Procedures
  2. Topics which May Not Be Discussed in the open forum.
If you have any questions or navigation issues, please feel free to contact a Moderator or Helper and we will do what we can to help you with things.

Again, welcome to the CFS Forum.

Hello jegblg144;

Welcome to Christian Forum Site. We look forward to sharing and praying with you in our fellowship with everyone here.

My wife and I reside in the SF Bay Area and we hope to visit Kalispell, Montana in the near future.

God bless you, sir, your family and Merry Christmas.

To The Appropriate Moderator

I am contacting you for advice on a web page that I have developed that deals with the concept of consciousness and sub-consciousness.

The subject is summarized in the following quotes from a book written by Scott D. G. Ventureyra ::

"To my dismay, many individuals across differing Christian denominations have received impoverished and misguided responses to legitimate questions. The relationship between the sciences and theology is a fundamental obstacle for many inquisitive minds (at least on the surface). On the other hand, it has also distressed me to witness the lackadaisical approach of many believers when it comes to the articulation and understanding of arguments and reasons that support the Christian faith."

"... Christian theology indeed has something to say to the sciences when it comes to the origin of consciousness and that the origin of consciousness plausibly affirms the Christian conception of God and creation ."

The intent of my web page is to present a discussion the attempts to bridge the gap between the science and theology sides of the subject.

I Have three specific questions:

1. Does the web page align with the foregoing quotes from Ventureyra's book?
2. Is the context of the page intelligible for the inquisitive minded Christian reader?
3. Is there a web page source that might list the p[age?

I am not sensitive to any critique you may offer.

Sincerely,
Jack E. Gross

URL

[ STAFF EDIT: Email address was placed here instead of web link. jegblg144 - please check your Private Messaging top right of this screen. ]

`

Last edited by a moderator:
Back