Jesus and Joseph

The bible doesnt really tell is much about Jesus earthly dad Joseph and Im just wondering what you all think happened to him?

Is he buried somewhere, I recall archaeologists did find an ossuary containing the bones of James, Jesus brother. What kind of carpentering did Joseph do..? What would Jesus childhood home have looked like?

The bible doesnt really tell is much about Jesus earthly dad Joseph and Im just wondering what you all think happened to him?

Is he buried somewhere, I recall archaeologists did find an ossuary containing the bones of James, Jesus brother. What kind of carpentering did Joseph do..? What would Jesus childhood home have looked like?

Luke 2:41 ..........
"Every year his parents went to Jerusalem for the Feast of the Passover. When he was twelve years old, they went up to the Feast, according to the custom. After the Feast was over, while his parents were returning home, the boy Jesus stayed behind in Jerusalem, but they were unaware of it. Thinking he was in their company, they traveled on for a day. Then they began looking for him among their relatives and friends. When they did not find him, they went back to Jerusalem to look for him. After three days they found him in the temple courts, sitting among the teachers, listening to them and asking them questions. Everyone who heard him was amazed at his understanding and his answers. When his parents saw him, they were astonished. His mother said to him, 'Son, why have you treated us like this? Your father and I have been anxiously searching for you.' 'Why were you searching for me?' he asked. 'Didn't you know I had to be in my Father's house?' But they did not understand what he was saying to them. Then he went down to Nazareth with them and was obedient to them. But his mother treasured all these things in her heart. And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men."

Tradition says that Joseph, the father of Jesus, died during the quiet years of Jesus' life. We do know that he trained Jesus in his trade, as that of a carpenter. He do know that Joseph and Mary had children after Jesus was born: James, Joses, Simon, and others.

Perhaps the cause or timing of his death is not nearly as important as the strength of character he displayed. In first hearing about Mary's pregnancy, Joseph did not want to subject Mary to public scorn. After hearing from the angel who confirmed Mary's incredulous story, Joseph obediently accepted the role as surrogate father for the baby Jesus, the Christ child. Matthew 1:24-25 says, "When Joseph woke up, he did what the angel of the Lord had commanded him and took Mary home as his wife. But he had no union with her until she gave birth to a son. And he gave him the name Jesus.
" http://www.allaboutjesuschrist.org/joseph-the-father-of-jesus-faq.htm

The last reference about Joseph in Luke confirms that Joseph was a devout follower of the customs of his religion with his observance of Passover. It implies that Joseph made certain of good spiritual training for the children in his family. Joseph proved his integrity and willingness to be obedient to God's direction and guidance.

Man that Jesus! I think if I was Mary I would have gone crazy, missing a child for three whole days. In those days they didnt have telephones. But..how could they have left Jesus behind?! Its like that movie home alone. Jesus must have had a big family, not to even be aware that he wasnt with them.

OH NO WE FORGOT JESUS!

I thought he was with you?
No, wasnt he with you?

I can imagine the drama Mary and Joseph must have had.

Greetings:
This caught in my craw,so I prayed over it today.This is what came to me:If you spell it Nikodemus,then it's kin.Nicodemus and Joseph are step-brothers.A father gives his son the facts of life.But,Jesus through the heavenly father gave Nick the heavy duty facts of life.Jesus called him a master of Israel,or O.T.There are a lot of burial stuff in the O.T.Tobias wa rich but he buried the bodies.So Nick,being the Patriarch,had to be at the interment,as Joseph's second.Isn't it an eye-opener,the smelly-stuff bought to the burial.Of course,one can't bury Jesus,so he was burying the old covernant.In other words,Nicky was burying himself,and Jesus was making it reverent and with class.Two Josephs present,two Israels present,present.
bye

bye

Is he the guy that came to Jesus in the middle of the night, he was like a pharisee or something but he saw Jesus secretly cos he believed and didnt want the other pharisees to know?

Greetings:
This caught in my craw,so I prayed over it today.This is what came to me:If you spell it Nikodemus,then it's kin.Nicodemus and Joseph are step-brothers.A father gives his son the facts of life.But,Jesus through the heavenly father gave Nick the heavy duty facts of life.Jesus called him a master of Israel,or O.T.There are a lot of burial stuff in the O.T.Tobias wa rich but he buried the bodies.So Nick,being the Patriarch,had to be at the interment,as Joseph's second.Isn't it an eye-opener,the smelly-stuff bought to the burial.Of course,one can't bury Jesus,so he was burying the old covernant.In other words,Nicky was burying himself,and Jesus was making it reverent and with class.Two Josephs present,two Israels present,present.
bye

bye

Huh?

Greetings:
Jesus gives us parables not bios.In the beginning Jesus is referred as "The Word".Divine concepts are
clarified via parables.
bye

Good for you krossquad. yes Jesus did tell parables.
But the writers of the gospels also gave biographical information about Jesus, his family, and the people he encountered. Luke was an historian as well as physician. Mary told him a lot of detail about Jesus early life which he wrote in the gospels. Obviously Joseph was not around to give him that information.

According to tradition, Joseph mainly made furniture. He most likely died of old age, though there is no evidence about it either in scripture or tradition. Jesus childhood home would have been 2 or 3 rooms max, clay brick, with stick thatch roof.

Back