Jesus Appearance

Jesus Appearance

What our Messiah really look like? Does the bible says about his appearance? How tall he is?

Hope to hear response from you guys... :)

Revelation 1:13And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.

14His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;
15And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.
16And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.
17And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
18I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death

Right on, GodSpeaks, that's the first thing that came to mind when I saw Honestjeenn's post. And may I add:

And I saw Heaven opened and behold, a white horse, and He Who sat on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and wages war. His eyes are a flame of fire, and on His head are many diadems; and He has a name writen which no one knows except Himself. He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. And the armies which are in Heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, were following Him on white horses. From His mouth comes a sharp sword, so that with it He may strike down the nations, and He will rule them with a rod of iron; and He treads the wine press of the fierce wrath of God, the Almighty. And on His robe and on His thigh He has a name writen, King of Kings, and Lord of Lords. Revelation 19:11-16.

What He looked like during His earthly ministry, however, we don't really know. There is no description of Him in the New Testament. Speculation is that He looked like and average Jewish male from that region and time. Some suggest that He was of average height for the time (somewhere around 5' 6" if I remember right), probably had curly dark hair, brown eyes, and olive skin. It seems probable that He was quite ordinary looking, as people were astonished by His authoritative teaching and by His miracles rather than by His appearance (see Matthew 13:54-55).

Yes I thought of this one too just didn't post it. I was going more for personal appearance.

''on His robe and on His thigh He has a name writen, King of Kings, and Lord of Lords''

Wow... Thanks a lot for the post replies. Don't know where some of my co-workers got that 5'11 height of Jesus... I am currently working in a directory assistance answering text messages from the US and had seen some of those replies from our database answers which is i don't know exactly if that was correct.. So it's 5'6"? Any verse that it tells something about his height?

Why The Father prefered Jesus to be just the a poor person on earth? This just made me think..

Jesus came in humility and poverty to show that every one is precious in His sight and there is no distinction between peoples whether they are porr , rich ... white , black or any other colour . He came to seek and to save those who are lost and in order to do that He came as a servant to all .

If He had come in all His glory, those with a lower status may feel they would not be acceptable to Him. But He loves all and will recieve all who come to Him in humility receiving His gift of salvation

Jesus didn't marry, didn't apparently have a home of His own (Matt. 8:20), had few possessions, and didn't entangle Himself in affairs of the world in the same way we do. Nothing distracted Him from His mission, which was to identify with mankind, bear mankind's sin on the Cross, and free us from sin and death. No part of His mission required that He amass possessions or acquire positions. His power and authority came from the Father, and that was demonstrated all the more clearly since He was of unimpressive physical appearance and held no earthly office. One of His constant themes was that His Kingdom was not an earthly one, but that it was far greater and beyond any earthly measure. All that we consider impressive in this world will pass away, but the Kingdom of God will endure forever, and we will see Him in all of His power and glory as described in the passages of Revelation quoted earlier in the thread.

By coming in the form of an ordinary man, He identified with ordinary, essential man, and they in turn identified with Him. Prostitutes and cripples and lepers and tax collectors came to Him and found redemption and grace. Powerful men in the earthly sense were confounded by Him. Many misunderstood His mission and tried to cast Him as their new earthly crusader, rebel leader, or even king. But what He came to do was so far beyond what they imagined. He came not to be bound to the earthly, but to bring those who would be lifted up to the Heavenly, the Eternal.

God had to come in as a humble servant. Like GS said if HE came into the world in all HIS glory we would be overwhelmed by HIS Beauty and Power!! As a human/God we were able to accept HIM and or reject HIM. That gave us a choice. I chose to accept HIM. Man I'm glad I did!:smiley90: And as Dust said HE saw no difference in color, sex, rich or poor, Jesus came to serve all of humanity/creation. HIS own. Does it really matter how tall HE was? I understand HE was 6 ft + but I don't care. HE saved me, I believe it , that settles it! Bingo.
Bingo!

Chili out

LOL... Yup right... Why care about His height while He loved and saved us from sins...

Seriously, just curious how He looked like and how tall He was... Thanks a lot for the responses. :)

Sometimes I wonder to what degree did He subject Himself to human limitations. Like, I wonder, did He ever make a mistake while doing His carpenter work? Did He ever get splinters or hit His thumb with a hammer? If so, I wish I could have been there, 'cause I would like to see how One who is utterly Godly and sinless would react to such things. :D

Yes right... Nice idea. How he able to do such things as Jesus is God and can do a lot of impossible things. Did HE made some magics too when doing those carpentry? Sorry, just having some weird thoughts...

Back