Jesus is HATE???

U

Unregistered

Jesus is HATE???

According to this:

Luke 14:25-27

What do you say?
Is Jesus hatred?

Jesus hate? That doesn't go together. Jesus is saying that if anyone loves anything more than him, then they can't be his disciple. Jesus needs to be number one in your heart, no one else.

If one ignores every other scripture in the New Testament, including all the other recorded words of Jesus and, more specifically, the context of these verses and understand them in the most woodenly literal sense, and then extrapolate the nature of Jesus from that, one might reasonably come to that conclusion. Hoever, I would not allow such a person to teach my children, vote, represent me in a court of law, negotiate contracts for me, do research, represent me in government, nor would I trust such a person to deliver news, represent others in contractural negotiations, function as ambassador, judge, mediator, counselor, or even do a book report.

I'm not trying to be insulting, here, but I suggest doing a little more research to see if such a conclusion is reasonable from the perspective of the whole of scripture and in context of all the other statements made by Jesus. An understanding of Who Jesus was and what He came to do will also help in making sense of those verses.

According to this:

Luke 14:25-27

What do you say?
Is Jesus hatred?

We can't pull one verse out of context and make a doctrine out of it or understand what was being said. We need to read the whole passage, at least going back to verse

16Then said he unto him, A certain man made a great supper, and bade many: 17And sent his servant at supper time to say to them that were bidden, Come; for all things are now ready.

He was calling them to come to Himself but the following verses show they were all making excuses. And He is calling each of us to come to Him because He loves us and wants a close relationship with us. In essence it would like we said we want to come to Jesus but there is someone else who is more important, (wife, parents, children, etc) so they can't come. He won't accept that. The love we have for Him is to be so much greater than love for any other human on earth, that in comparison, it may be as far apart as love and hate.

We are to recieve Him as the LORD of our life. That means he comes first in every part of our life. From the beginning of the Bible God said we are to have no other gods before Him. Anything that comes before Him in our heart or life is a 'god' or an 'idol'.

Jesus hate? That doesn't go together. Jesus is saying that if anyone loves anything more than him, then they can't be his disciple. Jesus needs to be number one in your heart, no one else.

I agree. Jesus is Love, and he must be the most important thing in your life.

Back