Jesus Is Jehovah

I had a visit from Jehovah Witnesses and after their second visit I thought I would prepare a little tract for them, this is as far as I have got, the verses are from their own Bible and I wondered if I had made any mistakes and if it could be improved on. Thanks.

Jesus is God for Jehovah Witness’​
“Don’t misunderstand why I have come. I did not come to abolish the law of Moses or the writings of the prophets. No, I came to accomplish their purpose. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not even the smallest detail of God’s law will disappear until its purpose is achieved. So if you ignore the least commandment and teach others to do the same, you will be called the least in the Kingdom of Heaven. But anyone who obeys God’s laws and teaches them will be called great in the Kingdom of Heaven.​

“But I warn you—unless your righteousness is better than the righteousness of the teachers of religious law and the Pharisees, you will never enter the Kingdom of Heaven!
“You have heard that our ancestors were told, ‘You must not murder. If you commit murder, you are subject to judgement. ’But I say unto you if you are even angry with someone, you are subject to judgement! If you call someone an idiot, you are in danger of being brought before the court. And if you curse someone, you are in danger of the fires of hell…. (Matt 5)​
When Jesus said “I say unto you” or "I warn you" he was being God as well as man John 1:1, John 1:14, and therefore, being the original giver of the law (Jesus is creator God Colossians 1:16; John 1:3 he had a right to expound it or change it as he pleased. Compare Matthew 12:6, Matthew 12:8. He therefore spoke here and elsewhere as having authority, and not as the scribes. It may be added here that no mere man ever spoke as Jesus did, when explaining or enforcing the law. Jesus did it as having a right to do it; and he that has a right to ordain and change laws in the government of God must be God himself. (Barnes)​
“For to this end Christ (Jesus) died and came to life again, that HE might be Lord (Ruler) over both the dead and the living.” (Romans 14:8)​
YOU​ address me, ‘Teacher,’ and, ‘Lord,’ (Jehovah) and ​YOU​ speak rightly, for I am such.​
(John 13:13)​
He sent out the word to the sons of Israel to declare to them the good news of peace through Jesus Christ: this One is Lord (Jehovah) of all others. (Acts 10:36)​
“These will battle with the Lamb (Jesus), but, because he is Lord (Jehovah) of lords and King (Sovereign) of kings, the Lamb (Jesus) will conquer them.” (Revelation 17:14)​
For Lord Jehovah (Kyrios) of the sabbath is what the Son of man is.” (Matthew 12:8)​
and every tongue should openly acknowledge that Jesus Christ is​
Lord Jehovah (Kyrios) to the glory of God the Father. (Phil 2:11)​

Using their own Bible will have its own challenges as they have removed most scripture where Jesus is equated to Jehovah.

I would add the meaning of Jesus' name and title and do a short study on what the Messiah meant to the Jews. Isaiah 9:6 is quite definitive as to who the Messiah was supposed to be for the Jews. A further study on the fulfilled prophecies of Jesus against the requirements of the Messiah would also benefit your cause.

Please send updates on how effective your apporach has been because I often deal with the JW's from time to time and have had very limited success in preaching to them. Usually they insist on discussing their own little Watch Tower magazine and steer away from any real theological discussion.

Maybe we should start a JW's witnessing thread so members can help each other in reaching out to these poor lost souls?

Using their own Bible will have its own challenges as they have removed most scripture where Jesus is equated to Jehovah.

I would add the meaning of Jesus' name and title and do a short study on what the Messiah meant to the Jews. Isaiah 9:6 is quite definitive as to who the Messiah was supposed to be for the Jews. A further study on the fulfilled prophecies of Jesus against the requirements of the Messiah would also benefit your cause.

Please send updates on how effective your approach has been because I often deal with the JW's from time to time and have had very limited success in preaching to them. Usually they insist on discussing their own little Watch Tower magazine and steer away from any real theological discussion.

Maybe we should start a JW's witnessing thread so members can help each other in reaching out to these poor lost souls?

Thank you Kevin, I will check out Isaiah as you suggest. This is going deeper that I expected but fortunately I am retired so I have the time and it is also doing my own faith the world of good as well. I'm modifying my views as I go along but I am struck by how close it is to Judaism and their rejection of Jesus and then I learn they think of Jesus as being a fallen angel which is bad enough but that puts Jesus in the same category as Satan which is dreadful. For any organisation to lead people away from the knowledge of a saviour and sins forgiven, well words escape me, so on the one hand I am having moments of spiritual uplift and on the other hand I am feeling increasingly despondent. So, as the saying goes, onward and upward. May God bless you and thank for the post. :)

Thank you Kevin, I will check out Isaiah as you suggest. This is going deeper that I expected but fortunately I am retired so I have the time and it is also doing my own faith the world of good as well. I'm modifying my views as I go along but I am struck by how close it is to Judaism and their rejection of Jesus and then I learn they think of Jesus as being a fallen angel which is bad enough but that puts Jesus in the same category as Satan which is dreadful. For any organisation to lead people away from the knowledge of a saviour and sins forgiven, well words escape me, so on the one hand I am having moments of spiritual uplift and on the other hand I am feeling increasingly despondent. So, as the saying goes, onward and upward. May God bless you and thank for the post. :)

It is sad that people are caught in such bondage. A very good resource on the JW's is a book called "Kingdom of the Cults". It is a very in depth comprehensive book which covers the history and doctrines of the JW's.

What ever we do we need to do in love. I have seen that JW's respond better when approached in love than just hammering them with doctrinal truths. Many of the JW's who come to our homes do not know the truth about their own religion and walk blindly along thinking they are doing the will of God. Their hearts are in the right place but they are decieved.

May God bless you as you reach out to these people.

I had a visit from Jehovah Witnesses and after their second visit I thought I would prepare a little tract for them, this is as far as I have got, the verses are from their own Bible and I wondered if I had made any mistakes and if it could be improved on. Thanks.

Jesus is God for Jehovah Witness’​
“Don’t misunderstand why I have come. I did not come to abolish the law of Moses or the writings of the prophets. No, I came to accomplish their purpose. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not even the smallest detail of God’s law will disappear until its purpose is achieved. So if you ignore the least commandment and teach others to do the same, you will be called the least in the Kingdom of Heaven. But anyone who obeys God’s laws and teaches them will be called great in the Kingdom of Heaven.​

“But I warn you—unless your righteousness is better than the righteousness of the teachers of religious law and the Pharisees, you will never enter the Kingdom of Heaven!
“You have heard that our ancestors were told, ‘You must not murder. If you commit murder, you are subject to judgement. ’But I say unto you if you are even angry with someone, you are subject to judgement! If you call someone an idiot, you are in danger of being brought before the court. And if you curse someone, you are in danger of the fires of hell…. (Matt 5)​
When Jesus said “I say unto you” or "I warn you" he was being God as well as man John 1:1, John 1:14, and therefore, being the original giver of the law (Jesus is creator God Colossians 1:16; John 1:3 he had a right to expound it or change it as he pleased. Compare Matthew 12:6, Matthew 12:8. He therefore spoke here and elsewhere as having authority, and not as the scribes. It may be added here that no mere man ever spoke as Jesus did, when explaining or enforcing the law. Jesus did it as having a right to do it; and he that has a right to ordain and change laws in the government of God must be God himself. (Barnes)​
“For to this end Christ (Jesus) died and came to life again, that HE might be Lord (Ruler) over both the dead and the living.” (Romans 14:8)​
YOU​ address me, ‘Teacher,’ and, ‘Lord,’ (Jehovah) and ​YOU​ speak rightly, for I am such.​
(John 13:13)​
He sent out the word to the sons of Israel to declare to them the good news of peace through Jesus Christ: this One is Lord (Jehovah) of all others. (Acts 10:36)​
“These will battle with the Lamb (Jesus), but, because he is Lord (Jehovah) of lords and King (Sovereign) of kings, the Lamb (Jesus) will conquer them.” (Revelation 17:14)​
For Lord Jehovah (Kyrios) of the sabbath is what the Son of man is.” (Matthew 12:8)​
and every tongue should openly acknowledge that Jesus Christ is​
Lord Jehovah (Kyrios) to the glory of God the Father. (Phil 2:11)​

Remember, the JW's own Bible is the very worst translation ever done.

It was done from the prospective that the translators took JW's doctrine and then wrote their translation to match the JW's doctrine.

THe two men in charge had no degrees in Divinity between them.

Jehovah Witnesess are a weird bunch imho. If you are not one of them then you are against them. Christians should help christians right, not judge by what church they belong too. They also preach that there is no such thing as hell, hell is permanant death to them. My only guess is why they preach this is to attract non believers into into joining their congregation. If you tell a sinner that there is no hell and other christians are wrong when they mention hell then guess what faith they're going to go with? JW's hands down. Death seems a more attractive way of going out than enduring the pains of hell for ever. Whenever i mention hell is real to non believers they try to change the subject as they dont want to know its real. Telling them hell doesn't exist at all is music to their ears.

Then we have the blood issue, blood transfusions or the 3 wise men were sent by satan to let king harod know where jesus is, but they lied to the king so they wouldn't find baby jesus. And the thief on the cross next to Jesus who said Remeber me when you enter your kingdom, Jesus replied i tell you the truth from this day you will be with me in paradise. They point out that this theif will not be with jesus in paradise till after the resurrection? Did jesus say i tell you the truth after the resurrection you will be with me in paradise?

Then men that went to war against Germany during world war two, died in vain they will not go to the kingdom because they killed men. Yes thou shall not murder is one of the commandments but this was a war. Wasn't this war a war against good over evil? If we never fought that war they say Jehovah would of delt with the war so there was no need to fight. Are we to just sit back and watch when evil is taking over? A time for war and a time for peace.

the list goes on.

Back