Are you presently struggling with sin? What I mean is, not are you are being tempted, but are you giving in to the flesh thinking that sin or Satan has power over you and that you don't have the ability to say "NO!" to sin?

In the book of Romans, chapter 7, Paul described for us the struggle with sin that we have in our flesh natures. The good we want to do, we do not do, and the evil we don’t want to do, we end up doing. Paul came to the conclusion, “Oh, what a wretched man I am!” Then, he asked, “Who will rescue me from the body of death?” And, then he answered the question, “Thanks be to God – through Jesus Christ our Lord!” We, as believers in Jesus Christ, are rescued! Amen! We no longer have to be in bondage (slavery) to sin!

Jesus delivered us, not just from eternal damnation, but from the power of sin over our lives. He already won this battle for us. He has given us all we need to live in victory over sin and the flesh. He has given us the Spirit within us to guide, lead, counsel, strengthen and empower us. He has given us the armor of God with which to fight off Satan's evil attacks against us. It is not a matter of who is going to win. Jesus already won! We just have to live like we believe he won this one for us, and we have to daily resist Satan, flee temptation, and draw near to God in full assurance of faith. We have to use that spiritual armor God gave us, and we have to mean business with sin, i.e. we can't play with it and expect not to get burned. And, we have to take that way out from underneath the temptation so that we can stand up under it - the way of escape Jesus provided for us on the cross when he died so that we might die to sin and live to righteousness.

At the time the Lord Jesus gave me this song, I was going a direction which I thought was ok. I mean, I was not sinning, at least not that I knew. But, he sees what we don’t see ahead, which is why he often warns us of danger in advance, and we will do well to heed his warnings and to not go where he says don’t go. In this way, he is also rescuing us. Yet, there were times in my Christian life when I didn't take the way out, and I did yield to my flesh, and it was because I was convinced that Satan had power over me and that there was a question as to who would win, not that that was an excuse. We are never given permission to sin against God, i.e. God's grace is not free license to continue in sin. Yet, we need to know that Jesus won the victory for us, and that in his power and in his strength, as we submit to him, and yield control of our lives over to him, we can be victorious over sin and the flesh, and that sin no longer has mastery over us.

Jesus, Rescue Me / An Original Work / September 18, 2011

Based off of Romans 7:7-8:39

Jesus, rescue me today.
Listen while I bow and pray.
I need Your help to obey You;
Live for You always.
Meet me in my hour of need, Lord,
As I pray to You.
Help me walk in fellowship, Lord,
Living in Your truth.
Jesus, how I long for You to
Change my heart anew.