Jesus' Return

Did God leave us information as to Jesus returning at Tabernacles?:

Deuteronomy 16:16
Three times a year all your men must appear before the LORD your God at the place he will choose: at the Festival of Unleavened Bread, the Festival of Weeks and the Festival of Tabernacles. No one should appear before the LORD empty-handed:

Jesus fulfilled Passover when He died and He also fulfilled the Festival of Weeks when the Holy Spirit was sent but look at what Jesus said and did about Tabernacles:

John 7:2 & 8
But when the Jewish Festival of Tabernacles was near, [Jesus said] “You go to the festival. I am not going up to this festival, because my time has not yet fully come.”

John 7:10-11
However, after his brothers had left for the festival, he went also, not publicly, but in secret. Now at the festival the Jewish leaders were watching for Jesus and asking, “Where is he?”

John 7:14
Not until halfway through the festival did Jesus go up to the temple courts and begin to teach.

Tabernacles is on day 15 month 7 and then lasts for 8 days, Jesus missed this day completely, saying it was not the right time for Him.

Genesis 1:14 (KJV)
And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:​

The word seasons is misleading because it really means "appointed times" (mow'ad) and here are its other translations:

1. appointed place, appointed time, meeting
a. appointed time
1. appointed time (general)
2. sacred season, set feast, appointed season​
b. appointed meeting
c. appointed place
d. appointed sign or signal
e. tent of meeting​

and comes from the word Ya'ad meaning:
1. to fix, appoint, assemble, meet, set, betroth
a. (Qal) to appoint, assign, designate
b. (Niphal)
1. to meet
2. to meet by appointment
3. to gather, assemble by appointment​
c. (Hiphil) to cause to meet
d. (Hophal) to be set, be placed before, be fixed​

Galatians 4:4 (KJV)
But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,​

"fullness of time" is the same word, mow'ad. In fact, when you read the word "tabernacle" in the Hebrew Scriptures, the word is mow'ad - meeting place.

Leviticus 23:4 (ESV)
These are the appointed feasts of the LORD, the holy convocations, which you shall proclaim at the time appointed for them.​

Everything about Jesus is specific and deliberate. He was born on the Feast of Tabernacles ("dwelt with man" - Feast of "meeting place"); died on Passover, while the Bread of Life was dead, it was the Feast of Unleavened Bread, then He rose from the dead of Feast of Firstfruits, gave the Law and the Spirit on Pentecost. Of the seven appointed times, there are only two left: Day of Trumpets, and Day of Judgement/Atonement. There is a date and time when Jesus comes. He gave a hint when that could be and it's already been quoted. The only day in the year that cannot be known in advance is 1 Tishri. Plus, on the planet there are always 2 days and with 32 times zones, we can't know the day or the hour because Christians are all over the planet.

He will return at His appointed time - mark your calendar. :D

I don't think the Father's knowledge of anything to come negates our free will. Both exist.
I think too, the Father knows not only the end from the beginning, but all the possible choices we all make and all the possible outcomes. This is how we get to the "many are called, few are chosen". He chooses those that would accept His calling, just like God knew Pharaoh would do evil, so God chose him to fulfill God's will, then hardened Pharaoh's heart to expedite the desired outcome - to give God the glory. Sort of like the police using already bad people to do their bidding for a greater good - catch the bigger criminal. Everyone still has the choice to choose. If the little criminal or Pharaoh had repented and said "I'm done with that life" there's nothing the police or God could do. The police and God would find someone else to do their bidding. This also gives us the understanding why it takes an Omniscient and Omnipotent God to get things done when we pray - He's waiting for an obedient servant. Think about all the supernatural events recorded in the scriptures and notice how many are through the hands of obedient humans all using God's power.

Deuteronomy 16:16
John 7:2 & 8
John 7:10-11
John 7:14
Jesus fulfilled Passover when He died and He also fulfilled the Festival of Weeks when the Holy Spirit was sent but look at what Jesus said and did about Tabernacles:

Hello Christian Guy,

Interesting thought to consider...

* Leviticus 23:33-43, describes The Feast of Tabernacles, and
When it should take place, on ('the fifteenth day of the seventh month')
The month - Tishri (September-October) - lasting 30 days.

* It is the only feast which is kept for eight days, though the eighth is distinguished from the seventh (see Lev. 23:39, and compare verses 34-36; Num. 29:39; and Neh. 8:18)

* Our Lord was born on the 15th day of Tishri (on the first day of the feast of Tabernacles), 'The Word became flesh and tabernacles among us' (John 1:14), and circumcised on the eighth day of the feast.

* Our Lord rose on the first day of the week, which of necessity was the eighth day. So the number eight is symbolic of resurrection.

* Our Lord's return could indeed coincide with the eight day,

'Also in the fifteenth day of the seventh month,
when ye have gathered in the fruit of the land,
ye shall keep a feast unto the LORD seven days:
on the first day shall be a sabbath,
and on the eighth day shall be a sabbath.'

(Lev 23:39)

* The Lord's absence from the feast, and His subsequent arrival 'in secret' were all governed by the consciousness of 'His hour', for nothing must be done to prevent His going up to Jerusalem, and there to die, when the Feast of Passover was due.

* The Feast of Tabernacles falls in the seventh month commencing on the fifteenth day and lasting for seven days (Lev. 23:34). It must be remembered that at the first Passover, the year which had originally begun in the month Tisri, began at the Exodus, with the month Abib, and so what had originally been the first month of the year, now became the seventh, a confusion that is nevertheless eloquent of the consequences of sin and the purpose of the ages that reaches forward to its adjustment. The whole Bible with its burden of redemption, restoration and ultimate peace, is constructed on a Sabbatic system, commencing with the regular recurrence of the seventh day, on through an ever expanding sequence of 'weeks' (Lev. 23:15), 'months' (Lev. 23:24), 'years' (Lev. 25:2-5), 'Jubilee' (Lev. 25:8-10). 'The Seventy Sevens' of Daniel 9:24-27, and the 'seven times' of Nebuchadnezzar's symbolic madness (Dan.4:16) cover the whole time of the Gentiles.

* This series of sevens leads to the Octave, the new beginning, the new heavens and earth. We find consequently that the seventh feast of the year is expanded and prominence given to 'the eighth day' Lev. 23:39).

* The prophetic forecast of the feasts for Israel is a study of itself (Lev.23).

- The Weekly Sabbath (v.1-3)
- Passover (Redemption by blood - v.5-8)
- Unleavened Bread (Present attitude - v.9-14)
- Pentecost (The end of the first harvest - v.15-21)

(The Interval, mention of the Stranger - v.22)

- The Blowing of Trumpets (v.24:25)
- The Day of Atonement. (Atonement by blood - v.27-32)
- Tabernacles (v. 34-38)
- The Ingathering (v. 39-44)

(The Eight Day)

Praise God!

In Christ Jesus
Complete

Last edited:
and circumcised on the eighth day of the feast.
All these years and I missed that one! Thanks for pointing it out. That's when Jesus' blood was first spilled so as to have a covenant with His Father as a male Jew! Awesome! BTW did you know that physically speaking, the potassium levels in the blood is fully functional to stop the bleeding (the clotting factor) on the eighth day of a boy's life!? Too cool!

All these years and I missed that one! Thanks for pointing it out. That's when Jesus' blood was first spilled so as to have a covenant with His Father as a male Jew! Awesome! BTW did you know that physically speaking, the potassium levels in the blood is fully functional to stop the bleeding (the clotting factor) on the eighth day of a boy's life!? Too cool!

Thank you, Abdicate,

I was thinking of you when I entered my post, because I know you have studied the feasts.

Thank you concerning that wonderful physical fact regarding the eighth day and circumcision.

In Christ Jesus
Complete

Last edited:
Jesus died nearly 2000 years ago and according to the Bible this was about 4000 years from creation. It also says Jesus will reign for a 1000 years and that a day is like a 1000 years and a 1000 years is like a day. God created the the world in 6 days and rested on the Sabbath and also Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath.

So as more and more Christian's are becoming convinced that Jesus's return is going to happen soon, could Jesus return on the 6000th year to complete the prophetic week. If so this should be between 2029 to 2033. And the 7 year tribulation could start as early as 2022.

Jesus died nearly 2000 years ago and according to the Bible this was about 4000 years from creation. It also says Jesus will reign for a 1000 years and that a day is like a 1000 years and a 1000 years is like a day. God created the the world in 6 days and rested on the Sabbath and also Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath.

So as more and more Christian's are becoming convinced that Jesus's return is going to happen soon, could Jesus return on the 6000th year to complete the prophetic week. If so this should be between 2029 to 2033. And the 7 year tribulation could start as early as 2022.
The 120th Jubilee is coming. I wrote a study several years ago. You're welcome to read what I wrote, it's free. http://www.abdicate.net/book.aspx

Today is 2017, the Jews say 5777, but from Creation, according to my study, it is 5992. Only time will tell how accurate I am. The two days of Hosea 6:2 were completed in 1936 and 1948.

This thread's content has been Reported to the CFS staff and the thread is now closed for staff evaluation.

We caution members to know and understand Forum Rule 2.3 .

`

Moderators note......

This thread has been cleaned up. All posters please keep this on topic with the original post. Or it will be closed permanently and points issued
Blessings to you all

Back