Jesus the Gift

Jesus the Gift

Proverbs 30:4-7 (KJV)
Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell? Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar. Two things have I required of thee; deny me them not before I die:​

Proverbs 30:4-7 (HEBm)
מי עלה שמים וירד מי אסף רוח בחפניו מי צרר מים בשמלה מי הקים כל אפסי ארץ מה שמו ומה שם בנו כי תדע׃ כל אמרת אלוה צרופה מגן הוא לחסים בו׃ אל תוסף על דבריו פן יוכיח בך ונכזבת׃ שתים שאלתי מאתך אל תמנע ממני בטרם אמות׃

ישוע שי = Jesus Gift

22-letter skip

שי as whole word appears 3 times in the scriptures:

Psalms 68:28-29 (KJV)

Thy God hath commanded thy strength: strengthen, O God, that which thou hast wrought for us. Because of thy temple at Jerusalem shall kings bring presents unto thee.

Psalms 76:11 (KJV)

Vow, and pay unto the LORD your God: let all that be round about him bring presents unto him that ought to be feared.

Isaiah 18:7 (KJV)
In that time shall the present be brought unto the LORD of hosts of a people scattered and peeled, and from a people terrible from their beginning hitherto; a nation meted out and trodden under foot, whose land the rivers have spoiled, to the place of the name of the LORD of hosts, the mount Zion.​

Jesus, talking to the Samaritan woman said:

John 4:10 (KJV)
Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.​

Ephesians 2:8 (KJV)
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:​

The word "the" here in the Greek is a word form that reflects a person, which we don't have an equivalent in English. Like "the Adam" or "the Jesus".

Back