Jesus' tomb opened: sign of end times?

The instruments they used did not detect the rock beneath the marble. That is amazing I'd think.

Great piece. Thank you for posting.

I'm sure you've read it by now: Jesus's Tomb was opened for the first time in centuries.

I wonder if this is another sign of the end times. Aren't tombs supposed to be sacred? Could this be an offense to Our Lord Jesus? Maybe the abomination of desolation (Matthew 24:15)?

More on this:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/10/jesus-tomb-opened-church-holy-sepulchre/
I think the bigger point is missing - just like His body! The tomb is empty. It should NOT be sealed, if indeed it really is the resting place. It's all idol worship, which is witchcraft and rebellion and divination. BEWARE. In Hebrew, idol literally means "good for nothing". In fact the letters individually mean: sacrifice, to/from/authority, deeds, to/from/authority. I find that amazing! Sacrifice to, deeds from. People have all kinds of idols. An idol is something that's replacing the real thing. Since people cannot, most of the time, see, feel, hear, God, they go to something they can see, feel, or hear. An idol. We give up our time (sacrifice) TO watch TV or do something else. And we expect something else to happen - fill the void, get a special "something" back for our actions "to", just like the woman who touched the cover, then rubbed the head of the baby in the video, as if trying to anoint the child from nothing. How amazing the word of God and each and every letter!

Greetings:
Reminds me of the soldier's boastful pride;here is my shield,I will carry this back with me or it will carry me back on it.

bye

"it evolved as the focal point of veneration since it was first identified by Helena, mother of the Roman emperor Constantine, in A.D. 326."
Oh, well, hey....that makes it official! ;)
She also supposedly found the "true" cross and the original nails used to nail Jesus to the cross...verified by these items having special healing powers.
I guess this means that Indiana Jones really did find the true cup from the Lord's supper since it healed his Dad.
Now, in the 2nd century a Roman emperor ordered a pagan temple built over what was believed to be Jesus' tomb...but that was over 200 years after the resurrection and a lot had happened and changed since then. Then over 100 years later Constantine sent his mama to this area...and she just happened to find the original tomb, and the original cross and the original nails...and all of them had magical healing powers! o_O

I'm sure you've read it by now: Jesus's Tomb was opened for the first time in centuries.

I wonder if this is another sign of the end times. Aren't tombs supposed to be sacred? Could this be an offense to Our Lord Jesus? Maybe the abomination of desolation (Matthew 24:15)?

More on this:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/10/jesus-tomb-opened-church-holy-sepulchre/
Why tombs are supposed to be sacred? Why this would be an offense to Jesus? Anyway He is not there in the tomb. I am not sure why this would signify end times. I don't see any Scripture supporting such a claim

Concerning Matthew 24:15....context, my friend, context. The only way one could interpret this as a tomb would be to not look at what it says and to also take it out of context.
Do not remove v.15 from everything else He said, and look at what He says about where the abomination will happen.
The abomination occurs in the "holy place." Not the "holy place" for the Catholic or Orthodox church...but THE holy place that Jesus would have known. Since Jesus was Jewish, speaking to other 1st century Jews, there is only one, logical, reasonable understanding of that...it is the holy place of (inside) the temple. (That is what they called it and knew it as.)
Food for thought...it is believed (with good reason) by many Jewish (and non-Jewish) scholars and historians that the old holy place of the temple is now inside of the Al- Sakhra Mosque (Dome of the Rock.) Coincidence?

Concerning Matthew 24:15....context, my friend, context. The only way one could interpret this as a tomb would be to not look at what it says and to also take it out of context.
Do not remove v.15 from everything else He said, and look at what He says about where the abomination will happen.
The abomination occurs in the "holy place." Not the "holy place" for the Catholic or Orthodox church...but THE holy place that Jesus would have known. Since Jesus was Jewish, speaking to other 1st century Jews, there is only one, logical, reasonable understanding of that...it is the holy place of (inside) the temple. (That is what they called it and knew it as.)
Food for thought...it is believed (with good reason) by many Jewish (and non-Jewish) scholars and historians that the old holy place of the temple is now inside of the Al- Sakhra Mosque (Dome of the Rock.) Coincidence?
Blessings brother,
Could you use the reply button with the person you are responding too.
This way others won't think you are speaking directly to them.
Thanks and have a blessed day
FCJ

I saw the video on YouTube today...very interesting.
Jesus wan't there so I doubt He would be annoyed. From the clip I saw it is being restored.

Since this is brought up....

Have you ever thought, "Why is this so difficult to pin down Jesus' dates?" I have. Theories and theories abound, but not one fits. It's like the other day when we had a system crash at work. After doing a root cause analysis, we found a trifecta of events occurred, which, one without the other two, would not have happened. To clarify, all three elements had to be present in order for the system failure to occur. This is what's happened concerning the days on which Jesus died and rose again. Mistranslation, misunderstanding, and misdirection.

In fact, the first issue is that the translations (almost all of them) have chosen to follow the idea that "Sabbath" means week, when it does not. Additionally, every translation of Sabbaton in the Greek into English is simply, "Sabbath" except and only when speaking of the resurrection. That by itself makes all these translations suspect. The next issue, is the lack of using scripture to interpret scripture. Any Jew can tell you what happens after Passover concerning the Sabbaths. They are counted. It's called the Counting of the Omer, as commanded in Leviticus 23:15–16. The Jews were to count to Pentecost. Yes, they celebrated Pentecost 1500 years before the Christians claimed it. The Jews celebrate it because it's the day the Teachings of God were given - mistranslated again as "Law".

Lastly, understanding the feasts, fasts, 613 commandments, and traditions have let misdirection occur. Because it is taught in churches today, New vs. Old, that we can ignore the Old Testament, so it's not studied as much, leaving misdirection an opening. In one seven-day period of Passover, there are 3 Sabbaths. The Jews of today do not follow the word of God, but oral tradition. They freely admit this. As such, they do not celebrate the Passover on the correct day. They celebrate it on the 15th, not the 14th, as prescribed in Exodus 12:11 and Leviticus 23:5. This is why Jesus could keep the Passover (The Last Supper) and still be the Passover Lamb on, well, the Passover. Neither Jesus nor His disciples followed after the traditions of the Jews. This is shown by John's gospel when he refers to "the Jews" as if he were not one of them and why their Passover happened before the "Day of Preparation" (Mark 15:42, as the Jews for the Passover). The 3 sabbaths of the Passover are: day 1, day 7, (Leviticus 23: 6-8 Feast of Unleavened Bread) and the weekly Sabbath in between.

How does all this fit together is really simple. Jesus died just before sunset on Wednesday, 14 Nisan 27 AD, in the evening (Exodus 12:6). Since that was 14 Nisan, it's the only day that fits from 25 AD to 35 AD. At sunset the day changes to Thursday, 15 Nisan, the Jewish non-biblical celebration of the Passover, making that day a Sabbath in practice. The next day, Friday, 16 Nisan, is the Sheaf and Yearling Sacrifice, Leviticus 23:11-14 (after the Passover Sabbath - i.e. First day of Unleavened Bread), and finally, then at sunset started that week's Sabbath, the One Sabbath as in the counting of Omer, that is the day Jesus rose from the dead. This is how Jesus could rise from the dead on a Sabbath, after the Sabbath. We just have to read the scriptures in the originals and obey the Teachings and not the traditions of man. BTW, the Pharisees of then, rule today. They're now called Rabbinical Rabbis. The Jews, who still believe the word of God, are called Karaite Jews, but they are a very small minority.

Summary:

Jesus Died Wednesday at 3pm (day 1), sunset

Thursday night (night 1), sunrise, Thursday day (day 2), sunset

Friday night (night 2), sunrise, Friday day (day 2), sunset

Saturday night (night 3), sunrise, Saturday day (day 3) - Resurrection

3 day, 3 nights

To punctuation on the error of translations, let me just show this. The word LORD (all caps) in the KJV is the given name of God to Moses (Yod Hey Vav Hey) יהוה which has been translated 4 times in the KJV as JEHOVAH (Exodus 6:3, Psalms 83:18, Isaiah 12:2, and Isaiah 26:4). However, יהוה appears 5193 times. Because of this, Christians have used it to call upon "God" via "Jehovah". So what's the problem is actually pretty disturbing. First, no Jew, Karaite or Rabbinical will tell you how to pronounce it. It's been lost because of the traditions of man. After all, how can you call upon the name of the Lord, if you don't know it, a trick of the devil. Everyone does agree that "Je" is a Latin substitute for Ya/Ye meaning "God". However, if you look up Strong's number H1943, you'll see that HOVAH means "ruin". In other words, when you cry out to JEHOVAH, you're calling on the God of Ruin, translated also as mischief in the KJV. Who is the God of Mischief!? The one who stole the pronunciation of יהוה.

1 Corinthians 5:6-8 (KJV)

Your glorying [is] not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump? Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us: Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened [bread] of sincerity and truth.

Just my thoughts. I hope they help.

Missed it by 1 minute.... the summary should read:

Summary:

Friday night (night 2), sunrise, Friday day (day 3), sunset

Saturday night (night 3), sunrise, Resurrection

3 day, 3 nights

My wife walked in while I was typing and got distracted. :LOL:

1st Samuel 16:7 tell us that the Lord doesn't look at outward things, but He looks at the heart.
When I spoke of using the Anglo Saxon origins of the word "God" I wasn't implying that when we say that word we are referring to a false God.
I truly believe the Lord isn't that shallow. That would put the Almighty Creator down to the same level as college students who look for a safe space because someone didn't use a pronoun correctly. (Yes, that really happened.) When sincere people say "Jehovah" or "God" they, in their heart and mind, are referring to the one, true God...the God of Israel, Abraham, Moses...the one who revealed Himself through His Son, Jesus. The Lord doesn't look down upon and reject all of them because they used a certain word from a certain language that isn't perfectly aligned with what the early Hebrews called Him. No matter what the language the Lord looks at the heart and hears all who call upon Him.

1st Samuel 16:7 tell us that the Lord doesn't look at outward things, but He looks at the heart.
When I spoke of using the Anglo Saxon origins of the word "God" I wasn't implying that when we say that word we are referring to a false God.
I truly believe the Lord isn't that shallow. That would put the Almighty Creator down to the same level as college students who look for a safe space because someone didn't use a pronoun correctly. (Yes, that really happened.) When sincere people say "Jehovah" or "God" they, in their heart and mind, are referring to the one, true God...the God of Israel, Abraham, Moses...the one who revealed Himself through His Son, Jesus. The Lord doesn't look down upon and reject all of them because they used a certain word from a certain language that isn't perfectly aligned with what the early Hebrews called Him. No matter what the language the Lord looks at the heart and hears all who call upon Him.
I'm not sure why you think my comments about Jehovah were directed at you, but what you wrote is indeed correct. But now that you know the truth, what are you going to do about it? How many times do people call Bob, Bill, or Bill, Bob. It happens all the time. When it happens to the "victim" they chuckle and don't take offense, but to continue once you realize the error, well it's just rude. Just my 2 cents.

Summary:

Friday night (night 2), sunrise, Friday day (day 3), sunset

Saturday night (night 3), sunrise, Resurrection

3 day, 3 nights

My wife walked in while I was typing and got distracted. :LOL:
The word "week" does not appear anywhere in the Greek NT, only in translations. The ramifications are enormous. It's on the same scale as when Jesus returns and the Jews see His scars and asks Him where He got them. Before 100 AD, Sabbaton was solely translated as "Sabbath". Today, the dictionaries and translations say it means "week", but it doesn't, it only means "Sabbath". What better way to throw off the Jews from believing in Jesus than to change everything about their own beliefs and references to confound the people. The rabbis around 130 AD changed their own calendar so it would not point to Jesus. Today isn't 5777 but 5992. They changed meanings to force a separation of Christianity from Judaism. And even today, people will hold to tradition over the truth. But when people allow the facts to speak for themselves and not be interpreted, all these quarreling issues fade away. Young's Literal Translation does a better job:

John 20:1 (Young’s Literal Translation)

“And on the first of the sabbaths, Mary the Magdalene doth come early (there being yet darkness) to the tomb, and she seeth the stone having been taken away out of the tomb,”​

The "first of the sabbaths" is the first of the 7 that are counted Leviticus 23:15, not "first [day] of the week". Notice how the KJV even admits the word "day" isn't in the original by adding the brackets. In the written books, it's italicized:

KJV "The first [day] of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early..."

Here's another example of a proper translation:

Mark 16:1-2 (Young’s Literal Translation)

“And the sabbath having past, Mary the Magdalene, and Mary of James, and Salome, bought spices, that having come, they may anoint him, and early in the morning of the first of the sabbaths, they come unto the sepulchre, at the rising of the sun,”​

See how Mary came after the Passover Sabbath, i.e. Unleavened Bread, and yet arrive on the Sabbath, the first of seven to be counted. Here’s the problem: σαββατων is the Greek word for Sabbath(s) and appears 62 times in the New Testament. In ALL cases, except when referring to the Resurrection, it’s translated "Sabbath" and “first [day] of the week” when pointing to the Resurrection. The actual Greek word for week is εβδομάδα (evdomáda) and it does NOT appear in the word of God at all.

All the literal translations show Jesus rose on the Sabbath morning, the first of the seven to Pentecost. Furthermore, never before 100 AD has Sabbaton mean week. The web site Torah Times (http://torahtimes.org/commentary/refuted.htm) states:

“They added the definition 'week' to the lexicons on the basis of their own tradition. However, there is no independent confirmation of this addition to the lexicons from ancient sources contemporary with the Apostles. There are no papyri or manuscripts showing this. There are no letters, no comments. There is nothing! The trail of their chain of 'authority' goes cold in the second century A.D. They cannot trace farther back than this time which was known to be an era of great apostasy and heresy.”​

I'm not part of any denomination and up until a couple of months ago trying to sort these dates out, I believed Jesus rose on Sunday. In fact, on my website is my 10 year study on the chronology of man according to the scriptures, and in it, it still says, and argues woefully, that Jesus rose on Sunday. The argument is flawed. I've been wrestling with this issue for 10 years and only recently made the discovery. I wrestled for 10 years Wednesday or Friday, Friday or Wednesday. The evidence is unflinchingly Wednesday, but it takes 4 days, as you pointed out, to get to Sunday. Then it dawned on me, what if the issue is on the other end, Saturday vs. Sunday. BAM! The puzzle was finally finished. I just had to retire a lifetime of tradition. Indeed the leaven of the Pharisees is strong.

I'm not sure why you think my comments about Jehovah were directed at you, but what you wrote is indeed correct. But now that you know the truth, what are you going to do about it? How many times do people call Bob, Bill, or Bill, Bob. It happens all the time. When it happens to the "victim" they chuckle and don't take offense, but to continue once you realize the error, well it's just rude. Just my 2 cents.
My brain just doesn't work the way it used to. I thought this was the thread where that was mentioned...but it wasn't...I miss my mind. No wonder what I typed didn't make much sense...arrgh! I'm sorry.
The way I am now days it doesn't matter if I do know someone's name...there's no telling what I'll say.
I have a given name on my birth certificate. But my wife calls me "hon," my kids call me "Dad," and my grandkids call me "papa. Different folks address me according to how they relate with me (they all have a relationship with me) ...but they all refer to me...I know it....there is no error nor offense. No disrespect is meant nor intended.
"First, no Jew, Karaite or Rabbinical will tell you how to pronounce it. It's been lost because of the traditions of man."
(I have heard and read the correct way might be Yah-weh (Yah-way) but...who knows?)
That's just it...exactly what to call Him or how to address Him...who knows? Jesus called Him "Father" and encourages us to address Him the same way.
Moses asked God when people ask about Him...what is His name...I tend to see God's response as not being along the line of just having a proper name like Bob or Bill or Frank, etc. If you worship multiple deities like the Egyptians then they'd all need different names. I see the Lord's response to Moses as (in essence) "Name? I am! I am who I am!"
There is no other.

My brain just doesn't work the way it used to. I thought this was the thread where that was mentioned...but it wasn't...I miss my mind. No wonder what I typed didn't make much sense...arrgh! I'm sorry.
The way I am now days it doesn't matter if I do know someone's name...there's no telling what I'll say.
I have a given name on my birth certificate. But my wife calls me "hon," my kids call me "Dad," and my grandkids call me "papa. Different folks address me according to how they relate with me (they all have a relationship with me) ...but they all refer to me...I know it....there is no error nor offense. No disrespect is meant nor intended.
"First, no Jew, Karaite or Rabbinical will tell you how to pronounce it. It's been lost because of the traditions of man."
(I have heard and read the correct way might be Yah-weh (Yah-way) but...who knows?)
That's just it...exactly what to call Him or how to address Him...who knows? Jesus called Him "Father" and encourages us to address Him the same way.
Moses asked God when people ask about Him...what is His name...I tend to see God's response as not being along the line of just having a proper name like Bob or Bill or Frank, etc. If you worship multiple deities like the Egyptians then they'd all need different names. I see the Lord's response to Moses as (in essence) "Name? I am! I am who I am!"
There is no other.
2 Timothy 1:7
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Perhaps it's time to fill your thinking and words with what God said and not what the devils wants you to speak and think.
Just Sayen
Blessings
FCJ

Back