Jesus' Wife...

Nope.. Jesus fulfilled all his earthly responsibilities as well.. I think that is the important of the scripture wherein Jesus asks John to take care of Mary.. If Jesus was married, he would have certainly taken care of the needs for a wife as well.. I don't think it would have gone without mention in scripture.. My strong opinion is He was never married.. I don't think Bible would have remained silent on such a big topic!!

A different question is, would it have changed anything if Jesus had married? I think the answer to that is, nothing would have changed.. That does not mean he would have married :D Wow, I am confusing myself!

I use to believe in this when I transitioned from paganism to Christianity. I say transition because I kept on trying to hold on to aspects of paganism and I joined esoteric groups that saw Mary (Jesus's wife) as a Goddess and she had as much power as Jesus, and that Jesus had a child. I can tell you it is just a lie of Satan to keep people from a relationship with Jesus.

yes I did! I think I have come across this manuscript in some program in History Channel.. Don't remember exactly.. Ceile De has a good point.. This leads to gnostic ideas as well..

Indeed. I think it just feeds/satisfies the naysayers.

Last edited:
therefore doth a man leave his father and his mother, and hath cleaved unto his wife, and they have become one flesh. (Genesis 2:24 YLT98)

I think this would have introduced sin into the picture as well.

therefore doth a man leave his father and his mother, and hath cleaved unto his wife, and they have become one flesh. (Genesis 2:24 YLT98)

I think this would have introduced sin into the picture as well.
I don't think so.. God blessed Adam and eve even before fall

Back