Jewish Temple Altar Built, Ready For Use!

I'm not saying Christ prophesized wrong.
Sorry I went back and reread your posting a little more slowly and carefully. Yes, you are saying that others are asserting that Jesus would be
wrong in his prophecies, if their assertions were correct. My mistake.

However, Daniel 9 is not about the end times, but a prophecy from the time of rebuilding the temple under Nehemiah until Christ is
cutoff, then the people of the prince [Titus was truly a prince being the son of an Emperor] that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary[which is exactly what he did] and ever since then there has only been desolations on the Temple Mount - Roman temples to Jupiter, and the Muslim Dome Of The Rock shrine.
"And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease... "
one week = 7 years. Jesus is cut off after 3 1/2 years; and with Jesus's sacrifice on the cross the need for animal sacrifices and
Temple worship is finished for all time.
Further to this 3 1/2 years later Cornelius and other gentiles receive the Holy Spirit and speak in tongues as Jews had received.
And thus the New Covenant is confirmed and made freely available to many.
The Old Testament nation of Israel is not required any longer to bring in and establish the New Testament.

The Old Testament nation of Israel is not required any longer to bring in and establish the New Testament.

? The OT & NT both confirm each other. Christ's crucifixtion is the "mid - week" cutoff ending the 69th week of the 70 week prophecy with the 70th week delayed during the church age. The 70th week is the tribulation. After chapt. 4 (?) in Revelation - the earthly Church is not mentioned again. The church does not replace Israel - they merge in Christ. The Tribulation is about Jacob's trouble (Israel). The first of God's people shall be the last. Sorry, I'm tired. Maybe I'll post more tomorrow.

[My edit to remove the question which sent this thread in another direction - HMS]

Last edited by a moderator:
One question comes to my mind. Is this in mans timing and thoughts or is this truly God ordained ? Man does have a habit of jumping the Gun in Christ. lol
Just asking because I have not been all that interested in the past about all the events like this. I just take it one day at a time living this day that He has given unto me and keeping my self and house hold ready in the eyes of God in case it was to be the last day and looking forward to where He takes me the next day.... ;) Perhaps this is not going to cut it as the day draws closer.
Blessings
Jim

Israel thinks they are rebuilding the temple for themselves, for the nation of Jews, but they themselves have no idea when all will come together. They are re-crafting things according to the scriptures and setting them aside. The blocks for the new temple are set aside in storage. They have no idea that they are making things ready for their Messiah.

So, they are working within God's schedule, and we have a glimpse, as believers, into these events because we have the NT.

This is my opinion, only, but right now, my belief is that we will not see the rebuilding of the temple in our lifetime, but it will occur during the Tribulation period, but when Jesus comes, and we will be with Him, that temple will be there.

Reactions: Juk
One question comes to my mind. Is this in mans timing and thoughts or is this truly God ordained ? Man does have a habit of jumping the Gun in Christ. lol
Just asking because I have not been all that interested in the past about all the events like this. I just take it one day at a time living this day that He has given unto me and keeping my self and house hold ready in the eyes of God in case it was to be the last day and looking forward to where He takes me the next day.... ;) Perhaps this is not going to cut it as the day draws closer.
Blessings
Jim

Jim... God uses all men to accomplish His will, even the wicked lost.

Rev. 17:17 confirms that when we read..........
"For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled."

I'm not saying Christ prophesized wrong. http://rcg.org/articles/witaod.html . Daniel is prophesizing about end times not 70 AD. My understanding of scripture is not cherry picked and if I don't see it in scripture - I don't see it. Maybe the above link will help but I disagree with Waggles interpetation. Revelation was written after the destruction of the 2nd Temple. And it is indicated that the AC interrupts the sacrifice. All scripture has to match with each other. Animal sacrifice requires a 3rd Temple.

Amen sister!

I just watched a live streaming (Orlando Prophecy) by Bob Cornuke who seems to have a lot of scriptural and archeological and historical evidence that the Temple was down below the Roman buildings complex and the Dome of the Rock was built on that. Cornuke also pointed out that Josephus's description also indicates the "Temple Mount" was below. The wailing wall indicates that some stones were left of the Temple, making Jesus prophecy (as Abdicate points out) wrong if the Dome is the correct site. As for not having a third temple as another poster has suggested, indicates that Christ said that when you see the abomination of desolation in the temple - flee. So, again, a third temple would have to be built for this to be prophesized or again you are saying Christ prophesy wasn't accurate. If you believe scripture is God breathed then you are saying Revelation and Christ are wrong to say the AC will cause the oblations and sacrifice would be interupted in end times. You can't have sacrifices without a Temple.
Yep, AND the book of Acts. I just read it this morning... Paul was taken "up" to the barracks and "down" to the temple. The now-declared "Temple Mount" was just the barracks of the 10,000 Romans soldiers. The Temple Institute is almost ready when the ok to build is given. Some on this site are Preterists (all scripture was fulfilled in 70 AD). Time will tell. Just don't engage them, they believe what they want to believe and they're not going to be convinced otherwise. Just like in 1947 when the "Church" declared "Israel is dead and gone. The promises are ours." Then Israel was born a year later. A great many changes are about to take place. Be grounded in the word of God.

This is turning into a 'discussion' of the rapture which is a WELL discussed topic and there will be no resolution of it here.

Perhaps tis time to close this thread.

On edit:

At the request of the OP this thread will be reopened with the warning that any post related to the rapture will be deleted and the Member warned.

If you wish to view the many threads related to the rapture, please use the Search feature.

Last edited:
Back