Job 1:6-12; Satan In The Presence Of God

On that Hebrew word <barak> which is translated mostly as a form of bless, also as curse, looking it up on Strong's Concordance, I get the impression that a good translation for English is credit. God can credit you with good or bad. Just as credit in our language can confer good things or bad, so also could barak in Hebrew. Is this a good analogy?

I had to go look up secular teaching on the Word BARAK........... You understand that both the Strong concordance and thayer are not real definitions of a lot of words. they just give the meaning of what they believe they meant in scripture and are more dictionaries than real solid Greek and Hebrew Study tools. I am not saying they are not Helpful though and correct a lot of times.

Salvation for example in Greek means physical healing, means physical protection, and nothing in the Greek Word means eternal life.
however, as used in scripture, it has that meaning and "IDEA" of Eternal life, along with the healing and protection.

It's very interesting using very old Language to describe new spiritual concepts Jesus taught about.

Barak is a very Old Hebrew word, it means to acknowledge back for something. It was translated blessing because people bless others back. It really does not carry the perfect definition of Bless by itself. It was also translated as Salute or to salute back.

Young being a Hebrew Scholar translated the Word to Bless as it was consistent with how it was used.

YLT:
Job 1:11 The work of his hands Thou hast blessed, and his substance hath spread in the land, and yet, put forth, I pray Thee, Thy hand, and strike against anything that he hath--if not: to Thy face he doth bless Thee!'

It also gives a slight different meaning to what Job thought his kids were doing.

and it cometh to pass, when they have gone round the days of the banquet, that Job doth send and sanctify them, and hath risen early in the morning, and caused to ascend burnt-offerings--the number of them all--for Job said, `Perhaps my sons have sinned, yet blessed God in their heart.' Thus doth Job all the days.
(Job 1:5)

Heart can also be translated as mind..... In other Words, Job's kids were living sin, but saying something else to God, not walking the Talk.

Barak was translated Bless 300 times, only 5 times as curse and only in the book of Job.

Satan was and his demons were placed in tartarus, but still had access to the heavenly places. It wasn't until later that Satan was kicked out
"Revelations 12:7-9"And war broke out in heaven: Mi′cha·el*+ and his angels battled with the dragon, and the dragon and its angels battled8 but they did not prevail,* nor was a place found for them any longer in heaven.9 So down the great dragon+ was hurled, the original serpent,+ the one called Devil+ and Satan,+ who is misleading the entire inhabited earth;+ he was hurled down to the earth,+ and his angels were hurled down with him.10 I heard a loud voice in heaven say:

Back