Job and faith in God’s word

Job and faith in God’s word

Job 23:12) Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food.

Now Job had lost everything, his house, his massive amount of herded animals, his property, and his children (Job 1:18-19), and yet he still stood: In Job 2:7, Satan touched Job’s health and he had “sore boils from the sole of his foot unto his crown“: and yet despite all of this happening so suddenly, so crushingly quick, Job had hope. And what was his hope and comfort in, God’s word, God’s word. We see calamities going on in this world, in our life, (Psalm 119:81) “My soul fainteth for thy salvation: but I hope in thy word.” This is the truth, that contains what is promised of God, what is commanded of God, what is expected of God, and contains the hopes of God’s promise. You can go through a lot of pain, but the hope of eternal life, our love for Christ, our steadfastness in his word, his commandments, will preserver us; “Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips” Job said. Psalm 119:157 States “Many are my persecutors and mine enemies; yet do I not decline from thy testimonies.” This is faith, this is love, not just loving when it is easy, when we are accepted, but to love when we are hated by all those around us remembering that (Psalm 25:15) “Mine eyes are ever toward the LORD; for he shall pluck my feet out of the net.” (1 John 3:13) “Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.

Luke 12:39) And this know, that if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and not have suffered his house to be broken through.

Those that don’t lean to his word, which do not heed God are going to be destroyed of the same, by His word in judgment. (John 12:48) “He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.” Is it any surprise considering that many in the Church, or more rather claim to be in the Church of Christ, doubt and speculate about the accuracy about the word but never actually take time to contemplate and analysis it for themselves? Is it any wonder considering the falling away or the “Great apostasy” that is happening in the faith? When people reject God’s word, bad things, bad results, catastrophic results are going to happen, whether it be in the individual’s life on judgment day and they hear the Lord Jesus say (Matthew 7:23) “depart from me, ye that work iniquity”, or it be a nation, (Psalm 9:17) “The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.

Matthew 11:15) “He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.” (Revelation 2:11) “He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.” If people only realized how much life is not a game of chess that you can maneuver your way through and win; why because you don’t control the pieces, none of us do, but the God, our God, who is sovereign absolutely over all things decides what is going to happen to every soul. The word, The word, God has given, his gospel which MANY and I mean MANY, even many who are playing Christian, that is saying but not living like God is Lord of and ruler of their lives, don’t know or don’t believe, because it wasn’t convenient at the moment, because I was too busy, or because I am more worried about other stuff, temporal substance, rather than the eternal substance and promise given by God in Christ Jesus. (Matthew 6:33) “But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.” Jesus proclaims and why, because all things seeable will fade away like the dust. In one breath a man is created, in another he is gone. Why seek temporal, when we can seek the fountain of living waters? (Proverbs 14:27) “The fear of the LORD is a fountain of life, to depart from the snares of death.” Society, people, if they just, if we just open our eyes and look to heaven, look to his word, let it be a lamp on to our feet and a light on to our path, to by the grace of God, not only read His word, but also live it, apply it to our lives, utilize that which doesn’t have to be revitalized by vain philosophy and science of men. (Mark 7:7) “Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.” says the Lord to those that follow after the commandments, the false doctrine of men. We need to examine the scripture, the text that is the anchor for our souls, containing the law of Liberty, the ways of spiritual living, being pleasing to God, that is unfowlable, unfailable, but by all means we must not neglect it. It is considered foolishness to those who perish, those that hold no value to it, those that mock, those that scorn, those that laugh at it rather than fear it and heed it, and therefore it will be the death of them

Romans 1:20) For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Romans1:21) Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Very inspiring post...I truly appreciate all the connections of the word.
I pray to be able to recieve the knowledge from the LORD to utilize HIS word, to not just read it, but to connect it in this way, so that my life is in order the way HE has it in HIS wonderful word..PRAISE HIS NAME!

Back