Job dilemma/ Gods Will.

Via dolarossa

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Secretary
“Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise” (Proverbs 19:20).

So, I would like some wisdom on those who are familiar with what I am going through.
I’m trying to discern Gods Will with my situation. I want a new job. No idea what I want to do. I fell into my first job and it’s just stuck. So my first thoughts are to stick with the same career, .I’m not getting any younger. Plus It’s safe. It’s easy.... it’s what I’m used to. But is that wise? I find my job boring, but that could be down to not having any friends where I currently live ( I moved from England to wales 2 years ago, and lockdown made it hard to go to church).
Another thing, I may have to move, to another country. I don’t speak the welsh language, and the job I would like to try states a desirable quality to speak welsh. And quite frankly, I don’t have any desire to learn it.

So, how have you dealt with this?

I have psalm 32;8 on the go.
The LORD says, “I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you.

If there anything you could add, any scriptures/ experiences, trials/ obstacles you went through in your job search please feel free to speak. Thanks.
🙏

Edit: I moved to wales from England so I could look after my granddaughter part time, , but they have since moved abroad.

Last edited:
Hello Via,

What other things would you interested in doing that you personally would consider entering into a position for?

Have been through many jobs, mainly factory work, taking care of mentally unstable, and now janitoring.

You seem as though you really desire to move away, - Know a friend who has been doing the same job and now has picked up two jobs, and one day he would like to move away from new york.

In these times it is tough, and not sure any scripture would help.

Other than maybe these few:

Philippians 4: 6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

1 Peter 5: 7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

Mark 6:50 for they all saw Him and were troubled. But immediately He talked with them and said to them, “Be of good cheer! It is I; do not be afraid.” 51 Then He climbed into the boat with them, and the wind died down. And the disciples were utterly astounded,…

~~

All in all you have to make the decision. No one can make it for you and most certainly is it scary.

“Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise” (Proverbs 19:20).

So, I would like some wisdom on those who are familiar with what I am going through.
I’m trying to discern Gods Will with my situation. I want a new job. No idea what I want to do. I fell into my first job and it’s just stuck. So my first thoughts are to stick with the same career, .I’m not getting any younger. Plus It’s safe. It’s easy.... it’s what I’m used to. But is that wise? I find my job boring, but that could be down to not having any friends where I currently live ( I moved from England to wales 2 years ago, and lockdown made it hard to go to church).
Another thing, I may have to move, to another country. I don’t speak the welsh language, and the job I would like to try states a desirable quality to speak welsh. And quite frankly, I don’t have any desire to learn it.

The LORD says, “I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you.

If there anything you could add, any scriptures/ experiences, trials/ obstacles you went through in your job search please feel free to speak. Thanks.
🙏

Edit: I moved to wales from England so I could look after my granddaughter part time, , but they have since moved abroad.
Via Dolarossa, I feel for you. Wish I could offer other Biblical advice. But I WILL keep you in my prayers that He will make known to you what you will seek for new employment... Something that you very much enjoy and that utilizes your talents.

hard to give solid advice best i can say is pray ask for the door to open if that is what he wants.. i am in the united states around here they cant get people to work . Biden gave out $2800.00 in stimulus checks to married couples 1400 single.. i am for the help but they also give a extra 300.0 per work in unemployment checks. once again it helps those who really need it, but at same time very few wants to work.. i suggest keep praying if God says yes .he will make a way . p.u.s.h pray until something happens i would like a different job but most want experience i dont have. me im tired of factory work. dont give up my son lost his job due to the virus and no orders. God gave him a better job than he had.

hard to give solid advice best i can say is pray ask for the door to open if that is what he wants.. i am in the united states around here they cant get people to work . Biden gave out $2800.00 in stimulus checks to married couples 1400 single.. i am for the help but they also give a extra 300.0 per work in unemployment checks. once again it helps those who really need it, but at same time very few wants to work.. i suggest keep praying if God says yes .he will make a way . p.u.s.h pray until something happens i would like a different job but most want experience i dont have. me im tired of factory work. dont give up my son lost his job due to the virus and no orders. God gave him a better job than he had.
Praying for a new job opportunity for you forgiven61. 🙏

🙏

Depending on your personality, you may do best at a boring job, as even though they might seem boring, they often have cool perks.

I wanted to get into business my whole life. I was really business minded and good with people.

I bought an existing business when I was 21, and pushed hard for it to grow, which it did quickly under an owner operator. Financially it was all I could have dreamed of.

However the downfalls were that I was hardpressed to get even 1 day off, for any reason. There were always issues that I had to be there to solve, couldn't so much as get through a quiet meal most times.

That's great if your not also a mother. And that's where it went bad. When my daughter was an infant I set up a play pen for her to play and sleep in there at the shop, and literally took her to work with me every day. My son was in school, but his evenings were often spent at the shop.. And it just became exhausting at one point.

I decided at one point I wanted to work 40 hours a week, like a normal person. Haha. But business management of any kind, even for other owners, was extra-heavy on the hours.

So I actually went back to school and got my LPN licence which was quick to get and allowed me a better schedule, plus it still gave me the opportunity to work with people, which I've never been able to live without. (I didn't get to do that long before becoming disabled, but it was nice while it lasted)

But "boring" jobs: it's those jobs that you can work your whole life doing, steady hours, steady paycheck and are the ones you want to hold onto because they serve you well even into an older age.

So maybe focus less on the boring aspect, and more on what the perks are, before deciding it's not for you.

You may turn around and find boring is the perfect speed for your life, because there are no perfect jobs, just ones that better suit your life and personality.

I’m trying to discern Gods Will with my situation. I want a new job. No idea what I want to do. I fell into my first job and it’s just stuck.
Depending on your personality, you may do best at a boring job, as even though they might seem boring, they often have cool perks.
But "boring" jobs: it's those jobs that you can work your whole life doing, steady hours, steady paycheck and are the ones you want to hold onto because they serve you well even into an older age. So maybe focus less on the boring aspect, and more on what the perks are, before deciding it's not for you.
You may turn around and find boring is the perfect speed for your life, because there are no perfect jobs, just ones that better suit your life and personality.

Hello Via;

In the time we have known each other and everyone here at CFS I do see your outgoing people skills that could lead you to a job working with people and helping them find solutions to their needs. Be it a product, professional services, skies the limit in this job capacity.

I never thought about the Welsh language, "borda, bob in ffydd". 😎

When Chris1 mentioned boring job, she made me see this in a different angle. I know men and women that have worked for the US Postal Service, manufacturing, driver, etc...for many, many years and closing in on retirement. They know and are comfortable after mastering their job, get a good paycheck with benefits and stock savings plan. When they go home they can let go of the job until the next day and enjoy the weekend. But in my talks with them they rarely mention the words, "boring job." This may be good food for thought.

I feel your going to God first and describing what you shared is a good start and He will see your heart.

There is an employer looking for you right now, whether in Wales, back in the UK, or elsewhere. God already knows your talents, skills and abilities and in His time will orchestrate you and the employer that will allow you to be the witness, servant and worker first to Him, then to your new employer and peers.

We've added this to our prayer list for you.

God bless you, Via, and your family.

🙏

What part of Wales do you live?

these verses came to mind when praying about be your position re jobs
As Wales starts to open up there will be new opportunities
Don’t forget the verse dosent say seek and you may find it says you shall find!
Believing with you!

7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye. shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: 8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh. findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

Matthew 7:7–8

Attachments

• 1617720543522.png
    1617720543522.png
    239 bytes · Views: 0
Your in my prayers Via dolarossa

Prayer is a great start and being open to where the opportunities are revealed. God has a way of showing us the right path.

When I was young I took an Interest / Job aptitude survey. Not sure if they still have this kind of test, but when you get the results back it gives you results on what job fields with a scale of likely suitability.

Your in my prayers Via dolarossa

Prayer is a great start and being open to where the opportunities are revealed. God has a way of showing us the right path.

When I was young I took an Interest / Job aptitude survey. Not sure if they still have this kind of test, but when you get the results back it gives you results on what job fields with a scale of likely suitability.

Hey Chuck;

In your opinion, what did you think of the Interest/Job Aptitude Survey? I took something similar years ago and it did identify my aptitude of public services.

I'm sure they must have something comparable but don't quite remember where one would go to take this? Online? Go in person to the EDD?

God bless you and thank you, brother.

these verses came to mind when praying about be your position re jobs
As Wales starts to open up there will be new opportunities
Don’t forget the verse dosent say seek and you may find it says you shall find!
Believing with you!

7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye. shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: 8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh. findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

Matthew 7:7–8

That is true! Jesus Christ can open many door ways for a believer who trust in God walking in faith.

Hey Chuck;

In your opinion, what did you think of the Interest/Job Aptitude Survey? I took something similar years ago and it did identify my aptitude of public services.

I'm sure they must have something comparable but don't quite remember where one would go to take this? Online? Go in person to the EDD?

God bless you and thank you, brother.

I found this online and noticed there are a number of these that can now be taken online.
Free Interest / Aptitude Survey

🙏

stay connected into a good local church, in a cell group, and be glorifing the Lord right where you are at until He moves you to next stage of your life with Him!

Yes, but look at the bright side. President Biden also halted wall construction, so we save $2.6 billion.

I'm not getting one of those checks President Biden is "giving out," but I don't want to work either. It's a dilemma for sure.

Back