Job dilemma/ Gods Will.

Your in my prayers Via dolarossa

Prayer is a great start and being open to where the opportunities are revealed. God has a way of showing us the right path.

When I was young I took an Interest / Job aptitude survey. Not sure if they still have this kind of test, but when you get the results back it gives you results on what job fields with a scale of likely suitability.
this is a really good test!
ive just completed it and I get
1. artistic
2 enterprising
3 social

kind of explains why I am currently bored in my job.
thank you very much CPerkins.

Yes, but look at the bright side. President Biden also halted wall construction, so we save $2.6 billion.

I'm not getting one of those checks President Biden is "giving out," but I don't want to work either. It's a dilemma for sure.
with Biden there is no bright side other than his term in office over . in the U.S.A many do not want to work we are forming a welfare state

another fluke she as well as biden supports lgbt same sex marriage and abortion . along with many other liberal polices
At least 1/3rd of Republican's are pro-choice, so this is more of a moral issue than a political affiliation issue. God does not support same sex marriage, so what Biden supports is of no consequence. It's one thing to condemn homosexuality, quite another to condemn the homosexual. Jesus' command was that we love Him and each others. He did not include a footnote excluding homosexuals or those hanging on the fringes of the political far right or left.

Since almost the beginning, the earth and way too many of its cohabitants have condoned much that I find disagreeable. However; "For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside? But those who are outside God judges." (1 Corinthians 5: 12-13)

At least 1/3rd of Republican's are pro-choice, so this is more of a moral issue than a political affiliation issue. God does not support same sex marriage, so what Biden supports is of no consequence. It's one thing to condemn homosexuality, quite another to condemn the homosexual. Jesus' command was that we love Him and each others. He did not include a footnote excluding homosexuals or those hanging on the fringes of the political far right or left.

Since almost the beginning, the earth and way too many of its cohabitants have condoned much that I find disagreeable. However; "For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside? But those who are outside God judges." (1 Corinthians 5: 12-13)
HEY IF YOU WANT TO SUPPORT Biden HELLISH AGGENDA be my guest my view has nothing to do with political party affiliation. Isaiah 5:20 20Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.

this is what i base my view on ..i dont judge God does . the homosexual has the opportunity to be saved just like anyone else . they call it free will . Biden and harris are so liberal there brain could fall out if they tilted there head the wrong way.. i figure i kicked one of the golden cows with my statement .. so be it quite another to condemn the homosexual they judged themselves by the lifestyle

HEY IF YOU WANT TO SUPPORT Biden HELLISH AGGENDA be my guest my view has nothing to do with political party affiliation. Isaiah 5:20 20Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.

this is what i base my view on ..i dont judge God does . the homosexual has the opportunity to be saved just like anyone else . they call it free will . Biden and harris are so liberal there brain could fall out if they tilted there head the wrong way.. i figure i kicked one of the golden cows with my statement .. so be it quite another to condemn the homosexual they judged themselves by the lifestyle
Ok.

ā€œListen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wiseā€ (Proverbs 19:20).

So, I would like some wisdom on those who are familiar with what I am going through.
Iā€™m trying to discern Gods Will with my situation. I want a new job. No idea what I want to do. I fell into my first job and itā€™s just stuck. So my first thoughts are to stick with the same career, .Iā€™m not getting any younger. Plus Itā€™s safe. Itā€™s easy.... itā€™s what Iā€™m used to. But is that wise? I find my job boring, but that could be down to not having any friends where I currently live ( I moved from England to wales 2 years ago, and lockdown made it hard to go to church).
Another thing, I may have to move, to another country. I donā€™t speak the welsh language, and the job I would like to try states a desirable quality to speak welsh. And quite frankly, I donā€™t have any desire to learn it.

So, how have you dealt with this?

I have psalm 32;8 on the go.
The LORD says, ā€œI will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you.

If there anything you could add, any scriptures/ experiences, trials/ obstacles you went through in your job search please feel free to speak. Thanks.
šŸ™

Edit: I moved to wales from England so I could look after my granddaughter part time, , but they have since moved abroad.
I would offer. I believe we should work to live in peace with God depending on two walking in agreement as one.

Liking the familiar Job having been given the talent it makes the load lighter when yoked with Christ. Being misunderstood is a hard work (no peace). One has this gift another that, . .some is blessed with many.

Looking to love your family seems to be a work of faith or labor of love you are continuing. . perhaps follow them ?

No understanding . . no peace .

Romans 12:18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

At least 1/3rd of Republican's are pro-choice, so this is more of a moral issue than a political affiliation issue. God does not support same sex marriage, so what Biden supports is of no consequence. It's one thing to condemn homosexuality, quite another to condemn the homosexual. Jesus' command was that we love Him and each others. He did not include a footnote excluding homosexuals or those hanging on the fringes of the political far right or left. Since almost the beginning, the earth and way too many of its cohabitants have condoned much that I find disagreeable. However; "For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside? But those who are outside God judges." (1 Corinthians 5: 12-13)

I would offer. I believe we should work to live in peace with God depending on two walking in agreement as one. Liking the familiar Job having been given the talent it makes the load lighter when yoked with Christ. Being misunderstood is a hard work (no peace). One has this gift another that, . .some is blessed with many. Looking to love your family seems to be a work of faith or labor of love you are continuing. . perhaps follow them ? No understanding . . no peace . Romans 12:18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

Hey Ray;

Well said.
In 1993 I was hired by a successful medical care services based in the financial district of San Francisco. During my orientation there were peers and managers who were gay with gender preference. Others that were employed had a struggle with gender dysphoria.

I had all the free will to decide whether to take my job offer. I was led to accept and during the time I was there I prayed for my co-workers. I didn't condone some of their lifestyle but they didn't flaunt their disposition in the workplace. I didn't preach to them while at work but God gave me the opportunity to share my faith during break or lunch. The employer's prerogative was of no consequences. What the Lord commanded me to do in the workplace would have consequences.

At the annual Christmas party was a great time. My wife and I enjoyed ourselves but learned 3 of the workers caught the HIV. One of them passed away. Its been 27 years since I worked there.

In our job search the Lord can lead us to employment that we don't expect for His greater purpose. I did, and couldn't say this back then, but can see today it's impact for the
Great Commission.

Garee,
thank you for sharing in this topic, and is profound good wisdom. It complements prayer to the things that are undesirable to God. When you worked in the foundry business did you have opportunity to witness to others?

God bless you, brothers and your families.

Hey Ray;

Well said.
In 1993 I was hired by a successful medical care services based in the financial district of San Francisco. During my orientation there were peers and managers who were gay with gender preference. Others that were employed had a struggle with gender dysphoria.

I had all the free will to decide whether to take my job offer. I was led to accept and during the time I was there I prayed for my co-workers. I didn't condone some of their lifestyle but they didn't flaunt their disposition in the workplace. I didn't preach to them while at work but God gave me the opportunity to share my faith during break or lunch. The employer's prerogative was of no consequences. What the Lord commanded me to do in the workplace would have consequences.

At the annual Christmas party was a great time. My wife and I enjoyed ourselves but learned 3 of the workers caught the HIV. Two of them passed away, the third survived but all accepted Christ Jesus. Its been 27 years since I worked there.

In our job search the Lord can lead us to employment that we don't expect for His greater purpose. I did, and couldn't say this back then, but can see today it's impact for the
Great Commission.

Garee,
thank you for sharing in this topic, and is profound good wisdom. It complements prayer to the things that are undesirable to God. When you worked in the foundry business did you have opportunity to witness to others?

God bless you, brothers and your families.

Yes the opportunity was there at Grede foundry to share the gospel .The owner was a Christian. At the end of the 35 years things were changing and the idea of witnesing became strained .

1. artistic
2 enterprising
3 social

It helped me when I was younger though there were some unexpected results, the most highly rated career aptitude was the career I chose in accounting, I think artistic was indicated though no where near as strongly something at the time I laughed at.

1. artistic
2 enterprising
3 social

When I was retiring from the military, they had this week long mandatory program that included anything you can think about that would possible pertain to headed into the :civilian world." This included these assessments. I took a bunch of them, but still not sure what they were suppose to do for me. I believe, I think, that I too scored high on artistic and social. I already knew that about me, but I guess it does not hurt to confirm the obvious.

Rtm

When I was retiring from the military, they had this week long mandatory program that included anything you can think about that would possible pertain to headed into the :civilian world." This included these assessments. I took a bunch of them, but still not sure what they were suppose to do for me. I believe, I think, that I too scored high on artistic and social. I already knew that about me, but I guess it does not hurt to confirm the obvious.

Rtm

Mine was the opposite. Going from the civilian world, I ventured to take the Armed Forces exam. It was very detailed and learned I was best fit for Air Force Family and Recreational Services during non-war time. I was excited!

But when I got the call from the recruiter or whoever gave the exam, told me I failed but could take the test again in 6 months.

At 19 I decided to keep my long hair and stay in college, but at least I know I tried.

Mine was the opposite. Going from the civilian world, I ventured to take the Armed Forces exam. It was very detailed and learned I was best fit for Air Force Family and Recreational Services during non-war time. I was excited!

But when I got the call from the recruiter or whoever gave the exam, told me I failed but could take the test again in 6 months.

At 19 I decided to keep my long hair and stay in college, but at least I know I tried.
Oi, you took what they call the ASVAB (Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery). I did the best I could not to score high on anything that involved mechanics or electrician. I want to say I scored 110, but not sure they use the same grading standard than now (1 - 100). I know I did fairly well and qualified for almost every possible military occupation. Obviously, I was aiming for MP, so I got that.

Rtm

Oi, you took what they call the ASVAB (Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery). I did the best I could not to score high on anything that involved mechanics or electrician. I want to say I scored 110, but not sure they use the same grading standard than now (1 - 100). I know I did fairly well and qualified for almost every possible military occupation. Obviously, I was aiming for MP, so I got that.

Rtm
My youngest now in USMC and his grade permitted him the Mos of being a Mortar man!

ā€œListen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wiseā€ (Proverbs 19:20).

So, I would like some wisdom on those who are familiar with what I am going through.
Iā€™m trying to discern Gods Will with my situation. I want a new job. No idea what I want to do. I fell into my first job and itā€™s just stuck. So my first thoughts are to stick with the same career, .Iā€™m not getting any younger. Plus Itā€™s safe. Itā€™s easy.... itā€™s what Iā€™m used to. But is that wise? I find my job boring, but that could be down to not having any friends where I currently live ( I moved from England to wales 2 years ago, and lockdown made it hard to go to church).
Another thing, I may have to move, to another country. I donā€™t speak the welsh language, and the job I would like to try states a desirable quality to speak welsh. And quite frankly, I donā€™t have any desire to learn it.

So, how have you dealt with this?

I have psalm 32;8 on the go.
The LORD says, ā€œI will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you.

If there anything you could add, any scriptures/ experiences, trials/ obstacles you went through in your job search please feel free to speak. Thanks.
šŸ™

Edit: I moved to wales from England so I could look after my granddaughter part time, , but they have since moved abroad.
Via, if you're not over the age for enlistment, I recommend joining the military. I soldiered for 22 years all over the world, and overall, the job was seldom boring; I actually got paid to experience adventure.

Back