John 3:16 and 1 John 3:16

Dusty

Inactive
John 3:16 and 1 John 3:16

John 3:16..... "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

We see the love of God poured out lavishly upon us . God loves us so much that He sacrificed His own Son to die on a cruel cross. God's love is unconditional and everlasting . God is telling us of His great love to the world and all we have to do is believe.

Jesus said that all who believe in Him will have eternal life.

1 John 3:16 ..... This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers

Now because of God's great love He is telling us about the love of Jesus and what He did for us and because Jesus laid down His life for us we need to lay down our lives for others.

I don't think it means physically die fo others but to serve others and if we see a brother or sister in need we are to help them .

Jesus is teaching us to love our neibours as ourselves ... Mark 12: 28-33 .

An example of that love can be found in Luke 10: 29-37 where Jesus tells the story of the Samaritan who went out of his way to help a wounded stranger.

Agape love is self giving love . John calls us to love because God desires for His people to have a love that reaches out to help others even one's enemies . This is what God has done in Christ and what His people are to do in the world .

I recently heard someone preaching about John 3:16 and 1 John 3:16. There's His part and also our part.

Its easy to remember where those references are.

whoever... such an important word. It appears about 183 times in the Bible. Yet we still have people who think they can limit who salvation applies to, and just as bad, who the consequences of sin applies to.

whoever... such an important word. It appears about 183 times in the Bible. Yet we still have people who think they can limit who salvation applies to, and just as bad, who the consequences of sin applies to.

That's right . THe wages of sin is death but people think they can just go about their merry way and do their own thing but the consequences they suffer later on effect them and their family and the next generation.

I recently heard someone preaching about John 3:16 and 1 John 3:16. There's His part and also our part.

Its easy to remember where those references are.

That's why I think these two are linked together as we all remember John 3:16 and God's great love for the world but we also need to link that together with our responsibility of not just loving God who first loved us but to take it further and love our neibours as ourselves and sometimes that is hard if you live next to a difficult neibour and that is a lesson I am learning .

That's why 1 John 3:16 is so important because as Chrisitans we know what Jesus has done for us and now it is our mandate in turn to do the same as He demonstrated when He was here on earth .

The responsiblility is shifted to us . What are we doing about it . ?

i think it means die to ourselves for your brothers.cast out the log in your own eye etc,plus if you have the Holy spirit your surroundings can change dramatically.God has a work to do for you and through you for others.

i think it means die to ourselves for your brothers.cast out the log in your own eye etc,plus if you have the Holy spirit your surroundings can change dramatically.God has a work to do for you and through you for others.

Amen Mike .... Good thoughts . Now we need action thoughts without action are dead.

Let our light shine and make the decision to let Jesus live and love through us

Amen GodSpeaks ... I still remember that little song we used to sing in SS .... This little light of mine . I'm gonna let it shine .... put it under a bushel.... No ... I'm gonna let it shine ... let it shine , let it shine .

But you know the sad thing I didn't really understand that song until I got older.

Back