John 6 vs 29

John 6 vs 29

A verse I missed so many times and it jumped out at me the other day.

Jesus told them, " This is the only work God wants from you: believe in the one he has sent."

Would you look at this as the first step to being reborn?

Yes!

Cause unless one believes I don't feel you can further.. Or all they do would be a lie, cause they don't believe in what they are doing! Faith is a big thing, and I love the verse you found!

We are foreordained for good works and they are profitable but are not the basis of salvation. A wise man once said that faith is the prime product and works are the by product.
If we truly believe in Christ our hearts will be moved to good works. This scipture was given by God to keep these things in proper context:

Tit 3:4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,
Tit 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
Tit 3:6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;
Tit 3:7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
Tit 3:8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.

We are foreordained for good works and they are profitable but are not the basis of salvation. A wise man once said that faith is the prime product and works are the by product.
If we truly believe in Christ our hearts will be moved to good works. This scipture was given by God to keep these things in proper context:

Tit 3:4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,
Tit 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
Tit 3:6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;
Tit 3:7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
Tit 3:8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.

Right on the money, but I don't understand vs 8.

Works are good and of great value when done at the lead of the Holy Spirit. God has plans to use us all for His glory and His kingdom. If we are but open and willing He will work in and through us daily.:) True faith in Christ always produces action.

Back