John Lennon and Paul McCartney

I must admit that I was not a Beatle's fan. Aside from short clips of them, I do not believe I have ever actually heard one of their "songs" from start to finish. I was more of a Journey, Styx, Kansas, Kiss, REO Speedwagon kind of guy.

I was around 1 when they started and 4 when they came to the US. I was stationed in Germany, when John Lennon got shot.

I must admit that I was not a Beatle's fan. Aside from short clips of them, I do not believe I have ever actually heard one of their "songs" from start to finish. I was more of a Journey, Styx, Kansas, Kiss, REO Speedwagon kind of guy.

I was around 1 when they started and 4 when they came to the US. I was stationed in Germany, when John Lennon got shot.

Hello Ray;

Now that I think of it, not everyone liked their music. However, the other groups you mentioned, Journey, Styx, Kansas, Kiss and RED Speedwagon were solid groups.

I feel after a time rock listeners were getting tired of the "deep meaning" and wanted to enjoy straight forward lyrics.

Hello Via;

Shocking!
I'm surprised you never liked them. Was it because of their overall music or their seemingly changed lifestyle starting in 1966?
They was not in my era. By the time I was interested in music the Beatles was out of the picture.
My era was the 80’s and I just missed all the punk era and The anti establishment movement was still around but it became much more dysphoric. Yet still in the charts was a bunch of licorice all -sorts with lots of love ballads out there.
I didn’t like John Lennon nor “imagine” I thought he looked like zombie and didn’t want to follow him and that put me off communes and the hippies and drugs were boring. Kids have no purpose they just follow the music/ art and whatever is in at the time unless they have a set of guidelines.

But We were the colourful bunch who experimented with and shoulder pads and big hair and….

by the way who killed JR?😂

But the original Beatles when I listen and watch them were amazing.

Hello Ray;

Now that I think of it, not everyone liked their music. However, the other groups you mentioned, Journey, Styx, Kansas, Kiss and RED Speedwagon were solid groups.

I feel after a time rock listeners were getting tired of the "deep meaning" and wanted to enjoy straight forward lyrics.
The "deep meaning" is what I liked the most. "Dust in the wind" is probably my favorite one.

Ok, so I liked up the 10 best-selling bands of all time. It would appear that many people liked the Beatles.

TOP 10 BEST-SELLING BANDS OF ALL TIME:
1. THE BEATLES
~ 290 million record sales worldwide
2. EAGLES
~ 160 million record sales worldwide
3. QUEEN
~ 150 million record sales worldwide
4. LED ZEPPELIN
~ 140 million record sales worldwide
5. PINK FLOYD
~ 130 million record sales worldwide
6. AC/DC
~ 125 million record sales worldwide
7. MAROON 5
~ 120 million record sales worldwide
8. U2
~ 115 million record sales worldwide
9. METALLICA
~ 105 million record sales worldwide
10. THE ROLLING STONES
~ 100 million record sales worldwide

Ok, so I liked up the 10 best-selling bands of all time. It would appear that many people liked the Beatles.

1. THE BEATLES
2. EAGLES
3. QUEEN
4. LED ZEPPELIN
5. PINK FLOYD
6. AC/DC
7. MAROON 5
8. U2
9. METALLICA
10. THE ROLLING STONES
I do wonder what the top 10 will be in heavens eternity and bliss when it comes to that. The song ( take the world but leave me Jesus does come to mind. Perhaps the top 10 mentioned above shall not change so much down there in eternity’s hell. I’m sure all shall be revealed by lately departed top of the pops host Mr Jimmy Savile.

1. THE BEATLES
2. EAGLES
3. QUEEN
4. LED ZEPPELIN
5. PINK FLOYD
6. AC/DC
7. MAROON 5
8. U2
9. METALLICA
10. THE ROLLING STONES
Waaaah😫😫😫

Where’s ABBA???

I had no idea the eagles where THAT famous even though I loved hotel California.

1. THE BEATLES
2. EAGLES
3. QUEEN
4. LED ZEPPELIN
5. PINK FLOYD
6. AC/DC
7. MAROON 5
8. U2
9. METALLICA
10. THE ROLLING STONES
I was surprised to see Maroon 5 in there, but the rest look right.

I often wonder if groups like the Beatles knew at the time how influential their recordings would become. I saw a video recently of Billy Joel talking about the recording of "Just The Way You Are". When they were deciding whether to record it or not, Linda Ronstadt and Carly Simon happened to be in the studio working on their own stuff. They heard the song in their rehearsal and told Billy that they just have to record it because it was sooo good. Joel's drummer hated the song and they might not have recorded it except for the girls loving it.

I often wonder if groups like the Beatles knew at the time how influential their recordings would become. I saw a video recently of Billy Joel talking about the recording of "Just The Way You Are". When they were deciding whether to record it or not, Linda Ronstadt and Carly Simon happened to be in the studio working on their own stuff. They heard the song in their rehearsal and told Billy that they just have to record it because it was sooo good. Joel's drummer hated the song and they might not have recorded it except for the girls loving it.
I have often heard that most of the people who end up doing something memorable did not know it at the time they did it.

Back