Jonah 2:1-3

Jonah 2:1-3 King James Version (KJV)
2 Then Jonah prayed unto the LORD his God out of the fish's belly,
2 And said, I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the LORD, and he heard me; out of the belly of hell cried I, and thou heardest my voice.
3 For thou hadst cast me into the deep, in the midst of the seas; and the floods compassed me about: all thy billows and thy waves passed over me.

Jonah 2:1-3 New Life Version (NLV)
Jonah’s Prayer

2 Then Jonah prayed to the Lord his God while in the stomach of the fish, 2 saying, “I called out to the Lord because of my trouble, and He answered me. I cried for help from the place of the dead, and You heard my voice. 3 You threw me into the deep waters, to the very bottom of the sea. A flood was all around me and all Your waves passed over me.

New Life Version (NLV) Copyright © 1969 by Christian Literature International

These are my thoughts, please share yours.
1 Jonah finally turns to the Lord, what Jonah thought was going to happen if he died because he would have met with God and would have known that he ran from His plan.

2 Jonah knows that God would hear him, Jonah still had a rebellious heart, God had to use this time to break him, and sometimes God has to break us so we can better be used for Him.

3 Jonah realizes his situation but needs to be willing to do what God wants of him, sometimes we fall because we are unwilling to submit to His will.

Back