Jonah 4:10-11

Jonah 4:10-11
KJV 10 Then said the LORD, Thou hast had pity on the gourd, for the which thou hast not laboured, neither madest it grow; which came up in a night, and perished in a night: 11 And should not I spare Nineveh, that great city, wherein are more then sixscore thousand persons that cannot discern between their right hand and their left hand; and also much cattle?
JuliaSmith 10 And Jehovah will say, Thou didst spare for the gourd, which thou didst not labor for it, and thou didst not cause it to grow; it was the youth of a night, and the son of a night perished. 11 And shall I not spare for Nineveh the great city which there is in it more than one hundred and twenty thousand men which knew not between his right hand to his left, and many cattle?

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

10 Jonah had so much concern about this vine because it gave him comfort; he saw a purpose for it, even though he shouldn’t have been there but on his way back home. Some times we get mad with God for ruining our comfort and it’s because He wants us to move outside our comfort.

11 Jonah cared more about this vine then the people he just shared the message with. God lets Jonah know that He cares more that the people turned to Him then that this vine died. When we become comfortable our view points need to change. Sometimes God has to get our attention, He had to do this with Jonah.

Back