Judge righteously & yes its possible.

Discern righteously & yes its possible.

Discern righteously
Where I have used Judge, please replace it with "discern" because I am really talking about discernment.
Although to me its a type of judgement, but I realize my words are not everyones..
So for most; they will understand this as discernment.
God bless
-----------------

Its very important that we judge in a way God would or as close to it as possible.
Its very important for yourself too!
Once you judge people righteously you seem to let allot more slip.
If a person seems to have a hard heart, instead of saying "This man/women is no good"
We should ask what history in their life caused them to be like that and how we can make a positive impact to them.

Man, the world changes before your eyes when you start to judge righteously.
The problem in a person is ALWAYS brought on by something, ALWAYS.

I just wanted to share this with you, because when I started looking at the reason why this person did what they did, I started to see everyone slightly like the way God does.
and thats powerful. - You can help so many hurt people, by simply applying righteous judgement or as close to righteous as you can get.

I am talking about the judgement in your mind (Which we all have) and we always will have.
I am not really talking about passing the judgement verbally, I know little about that yet.
God bless.

It's important not to have a judgemental attitute toward others. But I believe it can be obvious by what is going on or the person's behavior that we can judge righteously by judging if something is in line with the scriptures. Also we are told we should look for fruit in a person's life

It's important not to have a judgemental attitute toward others. But I believe it can be obvious by what is going on or the person's behavior that we can judge righteously by judging if something is in line with the scriptures. Also we are told we should look for fruit in a person's life

We can never judge righteously 100%
But the point of this is.
When the thought comes "This person shouldnt of done that"
"Yeah but you know, their heart was in the right place, iv done many things like that myself"

We can never judge righteously 100%
But the point of this is.
When the thought comes "This person shouldnt of done that"
"Yeah but you know, their heart was in the right place, iv done many things like that myself"

That's why I said we don't judge the person. We all fail or fall at times, but its not our intentionm when we are trying to follow the Lord. And that's entirely different than when a person purposely does not want to obey the Lord and walk in the Spirit.

I guess I am talking about using your judgement to help, rather than passing judgement on to people.
Im not talking about using your judgement to convict others.
More using it to find a way to help people.

The Lord is compassionate toward those in need. When we begin to feel that compassion for others the Lord will give us direction how he wants us to help them, whether its prayer, a comforting word, or meet a physical need

Are you claiming you dont ever judge, at all?
We all fail or fall at times, but its not our intentionm when we are trying to follow the Lord.
How about correcting your judgment so you don't fall/fail and it never gets in the way of God?
Like I said, I dont judge to convict, I dont judge to think I am better.
My mind judges everything, everyones mind judges everything.
We judge others posts, you are judging mine right now and replying just like I am judging yours and replying.
Judgment is not a bad thing at all..
what is bad, is not having enough control of your mind to judge correctly and put it aside..
Like many do..
Not you, not me. I am talking about in life.
:)

Are you claiming you dont ever judge, at all?
How about correcting your judgment so you don't fall/fail and it never gets in the way of God?
Like I said, I dont judge to convict, I dont judge to think I am better.
My mind judges everything, everyones mind judges everything.
We judge others posts, you are judging mine right now and replying just like I am judging yours and replying.
Judgment is not a bad thing at all..
what is bad, is not having enough control of your mind to judge correctly and put it aside..
Like many do..
Not you, not me. I am talking about in life.
:)

Pretty heavy stuff there my brother . You are jumping all over the place .There certainly is a fine line when judging and we are also told Judge not , that you may be judged .

In essence I think we have to define what you mean by judging.

Ok Here are a few verses tha tdeal with righteous judgement .

Concordance

Righteously (22 Occurrences)
Luke 23:41 and we indeed righteously, for things worthy of what we did we receive back, but this one did nothing out of place;' (YLT)
1 Corinthians 15:34 Wake up righteously, and don't sin, for some have no knowledge of God. I say this to your shame. (WEB ASV DBY)
1 Thessalonians 2:10 You are witnesses with God, how holy, righteously, and blamelessly we behaved ourselves toward you who believe. (WEB ASV DBY YLT)
Titus 2:12 instructing us to the intent that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we would live soberly, righteously, and godly in this present world; (WEB KJV ASV WBS YLT NAS)
1 Peter 2:23 Who, when he was cursed, didn't curse back. When he suffered, didn't threaten, but committed himself to him who judges righteously; (WEB KJV ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS)
1 John 2:29 Since you know that He is righteous, be assured also that the man who habitually acts righteously is a child of His. (WEY)
1 John 3:7 Dear children, let no one lead you astray. The man who acts righteously is righteous, just as He is righteous. (WEY) 1 John 3:10 By this we can distinguish God's children and the Devil's children: no one who fails to act righteously is a child of God, nor he who does not love his brother man.

Im defining the thoughts that run through my head.
I see someone act in a harsh way, how can I know it was in a harsh way without judgment?
Now, instead of leaving it there, I would go on to ask why they acted like that and how I can help.

You guys are talking about conviction judgment. Im just talking about the thoughts that run through your head, taking control of them and putting them right, so you can do the work of God without the flesh in the way.

Im just talking about the thoughts that run through your head, taking control of them and putting them right, so you can do the work of God without the flesh in the way.
Ah that would be called discernment . and that would involve what is called "spiritual judgment"

1 Corinthians 2:15

But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

2 Corinthians 10:5

5We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

Romans 12:2

2 Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Dont you see the judgement that runs through your head?
How can you know someone acted in a harsh way, without judgement?

EDIT: Thanks, so I am talking about discernment.
Mix of words got everyone confused. sorry :)

Dont you see the judgement that runs through your head?
How can you know someone acted in a harsh way, without judgement?

EDIT: Thanks, so I am talking about discernment.
Mix of words got everyone confused. sorry :)

Yeah that kind of judgment passes through my head all the time . those carnal thoughts need to be put down as they appear . so one does need to discern them as they appear . yes . :) :)

Ok I got ya .... In 2 Corinthians 10:5...... Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

That's good that you are capturing all these thoughts but I would not say you are judging them . I would say you putting them in their proper perspective and if they are wrong thoughts , dismissing them and asking Christ to dispose of them .

We must evaluate every one of our actions, desires, and impulses, and bring everything under the control of Jesus.

Okay, now I know my errors, I will put a new msg above the OP, I will leave the OP below that though, so none get confused. where this thread has gone and what we have been talking about.

Thanks & God bless.

Yes Dusty and Micheal that's what I meant lol.
Poor choice of words.

Okay, now I know my errors, I will put a new msg above the OP, I will leave the OP below that though, so none get confused. where this thread has gone and what we have been talking about.

Thanks & God bless.

Poor choice of words.

No worries, what matters is we understand one another now . what you asked is a very important question . thank you for asking it .

Thanks & God bless.

Poor choice of words.

Hey No problem my good brother . It is so difficult to actually put things and feelings down on paper . You did well .

The only way I can see that you can judge without being judgmental is to do the things I said..
So what do you mean? Im confused.
To me being judgmental would be to convict others of things..

Back