Judging Others

Bob Wille (Family)

Passed on, November 6, 2022
Do not judge so that you will not be judged.
For by the standard you judge you will be judged,
and the measure you use will be the measure you receive.”
Matthew 7:1-2

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes.
After that who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!

Billy Connolly :(

Do not judge so that you will not be judged.
For by the standard you judge you will be judged,
and the measure you use will be the measure you receive.”
Matthew 7:1-2

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes.
After that who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!

Billy Connolly :(
Good thing that does not apply towards judging the theology of likes of Smith or Russell or White!

1 Corinthians 5:9-13: "I wrote you in my letter not to associate with immoral people; I did not at all mean with the immoral people of this world, or with the covetous and swindlers, or with idolaters, for then you would have to go out of the world. But actually, I wrote to you not to associate with any so-called brother if he is an immoral person, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or a swindler—not even to eat with such a one. For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Do you not judge those who are within the church? But those who are outside, God judges." NASB

So it is clear that we need to judge those who are in the church, but we need to be very careful when we do so, because:

Romans 2:1-3: "Therefore you have no excuse, O man, every one of you who judges. For in passing judgment on another you condemn yourself, because you, the judge, practice the very same things. We know that the judgment of God rightly falls on those who practice such things. Do you suppose, O man—you who judge those who practice such things and yet do them yourself—that you will escape the judgment of God?" ESV

1 Corinthians 5:9-13: "I wrote you in my letter not to associate with immoral people; I did not at all mean with the immoral people of this world, or with the covetous and swindlers, or with idolaters, for then you would have to go out of the world. But actually, I wrote to you not to associate with any so-called brother if he is an immoral person, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or a swindler—not even to eat with such a one. For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Do you not judge those who are within the church? But those who are outside, God judges." NASB

So it is clear that we need to judge those who are in the church, but we need to be very careful when we do so, because:

Romans 2:1-3: "Therefore you have no excuse, O man, every one of you who judges. For in passing judgment on another you condemn yourself, because you, the judge, practice the very same things. We know that the judgment of God rightly falls on those who practice such things. Do you suppose, O man—you who judge those who practice such things and yet do them yourself—that you will escape the judgment of God?" ESV
O.K. Thanks for answering my comment. 🙌 👍

aww the subject of ye old judging.. first we have to know what judging is . there is word used but not often addressed unction better known as discernment . the spirit of truth !! the old judging whose denomination is the truth . i learned a valuable lesson sunday at a funeral ! one that i have preached many times. my uncle (my aunts husband ) passed away , when i realized who was doing the service i though .i really had rather not be here. see my aunt and uncle were members of the United Methodist Church. i grew up in this church as it was where my parents went. i am very familiar with the UMC . as the pastor got up to speak he mentioned some good times he had with my uncle. he also mentioned how he shared his testimony with him.
the pastor preached on the need for a relationship with Christ ! i was impressed the wife and i even gave him few amens . Folks its not the name over the door that does anything for us. its what who is in the heart .mind you even though i am not a fan of the umc . there are Christians in and that are Methodist.

my disagreement is not Methodist but how the conference board controls the Church . least but not last we had a local restaurant that was owned by a apostolic UPC yes they are true blue oneness speaking in tongues is evidence of having the Holy ghost. this restaurant most all the workers where upc. what i seen in this place to eat was Gospel worship music being payed in the back ground. the young later taking care of the front . singing along with the songs..
a young man took over for her one evening he did not sing. but when he had no customers to wait on. he read his bible out in the open on the counter !!!!

upc will be in heaven same as Baptist and Methodist and any other denom that preaches ye must be born again. as JESUS said those of you with out sin cast the first stone.:eek:
yes if given the chance i would go to the umc church i grew up in and would gladly listen to him.

i wonder are we glorifying the Lord when we get in the pulpit and run down the joyce myers . i have listened to her and she has given a good word. my point is not women preachers but what good are we doing running down others. dont get me wrong if they are Not Bible based as in speaking the word of God. then something should be said. how about we drop our rocks and let God be the judge .

paul covered that in Corinthians when writing about taking each other in to a court of law. he listed from adultery' to thieves to drunkards. will not inherit the kingdom of God . he then dropped the Bomb such as ye were but are NOW sanctified .in other word we use to BE .

YES i been judged but i am still standing as it is written let us consider our ways .

btw my grammar is not good. :cool:

The Lord requires us to judge the fruit and doctrines of those professing to be teachers for the Lord, especially cults!

I have a good friend who is a Jehovah's Witness. At this time she is not open to hearing the true message of the gospel. Her name is Eunice. I ask for your prayers on her behalf.
Keep the focus on nay discussions with her on the Lord jesus, as JW will try to open up multiple rabbit trails! walter Martin great source on their doctrines also

Back