judging people

People make themselves feel better about themselves by putting others down. Like the Pharisee in the Bible who said something like "I'm not like that Publican over there." He felt he was better than others--just as so many do today. "I don't do the things he does; I'm a good person." Not in the eyes of God since he says that all our rightousnesses are as filthy rags in Isa. 64:6. We have no righteousness pleasing to God without His Son.

better to help people who are in need than to tell them how bad they are.

Michael ..... That is so true.What can we gain by giving negative responses to people?

Proverbs 25:22
In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head, and the LORD will reward you.

Romans 12:20
On the contrary: "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head."

I think that is a problem with Christians these days. Too many walk around like they are better and how everyone else will burn. We need to be loving and show God's love to people. Not condemn them.

Amen, da_man . OUr society tells us it is not cool to conduct ourselves this way .

But we should as Christians know that we do not follow the world system but we are Christ's Ambassadors and therefore should be following Christ's example.

Back