Just an another intro

Just an another intro

Hi, I'm a from Columbus, OH. I haven't really done a lot with forums so I thought I would check this one out being that it is relevant to my life and priorities. lol. What I would love to do eventually is Bible translation. So anyone reading this who can give me tips on free ways to get into that, I am totally up for it. I enjoy fellowship immensely. I love to discuss deep subjects (not argue, discuss, lol). And... I love to read. Oh, and I love good music. Okay, enough about me. :D

Hi Allilaloca and welcome ,it is very good to have you here. This scripture kind of says it all for me:
Pro 27:17 Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.
We are here to encourage, help and love each other and I am looking forward to reading your posts.

Allilaloca - Welcome to our family here at CFS. Translating has many facets to delve in to. Knowing the ancient languages of Hebrew, Aramaic, Chaldean and 'street' Greek would be an asset in the relm of translating original texts into English or many other modern languages. Translating existing Bible texts into other languages is also a possibility. Which area would you be most interested in and do you have any language training other than English?

Keep us posted on this because we may be able to steer you in a couple of vocational directions as we all explore this a bit more for you.

Again, Welcome and we will be anxious for you to join in our discussions. :)

I haven't thought about what I would be translating from(though I know that is an important point). I am more concerned about finding out that there are so many not only "unreached" people group, but also "unreached" languages(so to speak). I guess long term what I would like to do is go to live in another country, learn their language and as I learn it translate the Bible into it. I will eventually be finishing my major in Linguistics(have only done general classes thus far and am at a problematic point due to finances, it may be hard to finish anytime soon). I speak Spanish intermediately. Definitely not fluent but I know enough to get myself into a lot of trouble. My understanding of the "task at hand" is that Spanish is pretty much covered as far as a necessity in translation, but there are many other languages, which I haven't heard of, that are in need of translation. Anyways, sorry for rambling. Does that answer your question?

Certainly does. Just keep going in your studies and perhaps you will find a language to become fluent in and an area of the world where Christian values are welcomed as well as new Bible translations in their native language. Many missions and missionaries did just this in the mid to late 19th century in some of the African colonies and parts of Indonesia, Australia and New Zealand. Best of luck with your studies... God bless.

Back