Just for Fun Questions

Whether you are a new Christian or seasoned you can answer these questions. No answer is wrong. We are just expressing a little about ourselves.

Q: If you could spend the day with anyone from the bible, who would it be?
A:

Q: If they offered to show you an biblical place or event, what would you want to see?
A:

Q: If they promised to answer ANY and ALL your questions, what would you ask?
A:

Q: If they decided to play "genie" for the day and offered to grant you ONE wish (no matter how far-fetched), what would you wish for?
A:

Q: Do you think it would be better if the entire world found out beyond any reasonable doubt that God did in fact exist? Why/why not?
A:

Q: Some people are afraid to be "judged" or to go to heaven because they haven't exactly been a saint all their life. Are you afraid?
A:

Q: How about God-- are you afraid of God himself? Or do you consider him more someone you can really open up to and be honest with?
A:

Q: Do you trust God (meaning without hesitation)? Would you do WHATEVER he told you, with no questions, and trust int he fact that he has everyone's best interest in mind?
A:

Q: Have you ever seen a miracle, or anything close to it (devine experiences, etc)? If so, please share it!
A:

Have Fun!!

Q: If they offered to show you an biblical place or event, what would you want to see?
Christ's birth.
Can I wait to ask God?
Q: Do you think it would be better if the entire world found out beyond any reasonable doubt that God did in fact exist? Why/why not?
No, they would $merchandise$ that discovery. Knowing God exists doesn't save anyone. (James 2:19)
Q: Some people are afraid to be "judged" or to go to heaven because they haven't exactly been a saint all their life. Are you afraid?
No. We aren't saved on the basis of our goodness, but rather the righteousness of Jesus credited to us by faith.
Q: How about God-- are you afraid of God himself? Or do you consider him more someone you can really open up to and be honest with?
No, He died for me.Why would I worry?
Q: Do you trust God (meaning without hesitation)? Would you do WHATEVER he told you, with no questions, and trust int he fact that he has everyone's best interest in mind?
Yes, by His grace I would.
Q: Have you ever seen a miracle, or anything close to it (devine experiences, etc)? If so, please share it!
My rebirth was a miracle.
Paul.
(some interesting questions)

Whether you are a new Christian or seasoned you can answer these questions. No answer is wrong. We are just expressing a little about ourselves.

A: Paul

A: Soloman's Temple

A: What do I most need to know?

Q: If they decided to play "genie" for the day and offered to grant you ONE wish (no matter how far-fetched), what would you wish for?
A: To reclaim past time and do better

A: No... Much of His work within us is from out pondering various aspects of His existence.

A: No. But... It isn't because I don't deserve it, but because I am Loved -- He already paid the price.

A: Terror held in check by His love.

A: Complex answer...

Q: Have you ever seen a miracle, or anything close to it (divine experiences, etc)? If so, please share it!
A: Depends upon what your mean by 'miracle'. If a miracle requires violation of natural law then NO. Natural laws were instigated by God. He does not work against Himself. I/we do not always see how they have been applied any more than we always know the natural laws to begin with.

As far as divine experiences there are times when I am truly guided by His direction and have been privileged to obsere.

Have Fun!!

Oh, boy! Let's go!
A:
The Samaritan woman a few days after she met Jesus.

A:
I would like to see the garden.

A:
Why?

A:
I hope I would be able to resist this temptation.

A:
No. The world is not ready.

A:
Yes. Of course.

A:
God is too abstract of a concept for the human mind. That is why we have Jesus.

A:
No. My choices are mine. If God asks me to violate my conscience then I expect a compelling justification.

A:
Yes. Two years ago I should have died. God saved me. Not a day passes I don't give thanks, not for my life but for not making my wife a widow.

Have Fun!!
That was fun! 😃

1) The obvious answer would be Jesus, but I'll see Him and all the others soon enough. Be interesting to talk to someone who "didn't make it" ☹️ Let's say Judas Iscariot. Would be interesting to hear all the excuses

2) Place - Garden of Eden
Event - The burning bush Birth of Christ

3) Why would God 'choose' someone like me?

4) So many "spiritual" type answers to choose from, but I'd like my license back. For many different reasons.

5) Nature itself has already done that; HOW they "found out" would be irrelevant. They still would not believe.

6) Am I afraid? No. I am a Saint, became one the day I accepted Christ. Some Christians claim to be "sinners saved by grace". While this is technically true, it's something the Bible doesn't teach.

7) I'm still trying to overcome decades and decades of doubt and fear. Doesn't go away overnight. A Christian has no reason to fear (as in be afraid of) God.
My prayer life is improving, I feel I can talk to Him about anything, at anytime, anywhere.

8) I know God always has my best interest at heart and would do anything He would ask of me. Problem is not always being able to distinguish between the Holy Spirit and my own thoughts. Not always crystal clear.

9) I've had a few but the most recent one was a dream. I've had several. J Vernon Mcgee once stated emphatically that God DOES NOT speak to us in dreams, only through His Word. Not sure if he ever changed his mind on that, looking forward to telling him about this one.

I was on my bicycle riding on the shoulder of the interstate in heavy traffic. Suddenly a strong wind blows, lifting me off the ground. Scared at first, but turned to exhilaration as I went higher and higher, knowing that I was God's own. In the background I could hear a news anchor giving the play by play as I soared (with outstretched arms, as if flying). He started quoting John 3:16. The dream then ended, but the last thing that flashed in my mind before I awoke was John 3:8. I hurriedly opened my Bible to:
"The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit".
I have probably read John 3:8 at some point, but it wasn't a verse I recognized or was familiar with whatsoever. God bless.

A: Elijah when he gets caught up to Heaven

A: The crucifixion of Christ

A: Wait, why?

A: To go back and spend more quality time with my children before they went home.

A: I don't think it will make a difference because more than knowing Him, you still have to have a relationship with him. You still have to confess that you are a sinner. Many people knows that he exists and still want nothing to do with him.

A: No I am not afraid of going to heaven. I am a citizen of heaven and waiting for Jesus to come get us and take us home. This earth is not my home.

A: I don't think a father wants his children to fear him. He wants us to trust Him and know that He knows what's best for us. We look to Him from where all our help comes from. No fear just love.

A: I would have to say yes. From where he bought me from and what I been through?? Yes I would.

A: I've been in many battles that God delivered me from. Me being delivered and reborn was a miracle.

I’ve been thinking about this list of questions.

I am struck by tone of the “accept nothing less than perfection” that is implied and/or stated.

The thing is, while it is always better to strive to serve God, this is not what the Lord expects. He knows what we are. He knows exactly who and what each of us are.

Romans 3:10-18
“THERE IS NONE RIGHTEOUS, NOT EVEN ONE;
11 THERE IS NONE WHO UNDERSTANDS,
THERE IS NONE WHO SEEKS FOR GOD;
12 ALL HAVE TURNED ASIDE, TOGETHER THEY HAVE BECOME USELESS;
THERE IS NONE WHO DOES GOOD,
THERE IS NOT EVEN ONE.”
13 “THEIR THROAT IS AN OPEN GRAVE,
WITH THEIR TONGUES THEY KEEP DECEIVING,”
“THE POISON OF ASPS IS UNDER THEIR LIPS”;
14 “WHOSE MOUTH IS FULL OF CURSING AND BITTERNESS”;
15 “THEIR FEET ARE SWIFT TO SHED BLOOD,
16 DESTRUCTION AND MISERY ARE IN THEIR PATHS,
17 AND THE PATH OF PEACE THEY HAVE NOT KNOWN.”
18 “THERE IS NO FEAR OF GOD BEFORE THEIR EYES.”

(NASB)

But, The message of Christ is for all of us not the non-existent perfect Christian.

8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8 (NASB)

What we need to do is to strive so that each of us are individually challenged. The newest brother/sister has a level of appropriate challenge. The experienced, advanced Christian also has his personal level of challenge.

We need to value and encourage each victory at whatever level of challenge, and avoid piling on when a weaker brother stumbles.

I’ve been thinking about this list of questions.

I am struck by tone of the “accept nothing less than perfection” that is implied and/or stated.

The thing is, while it is always better to strive to serve God, this is not what the Lord expects. He knows what we are. He knows exactly who and what each of us are.

Romans 3:10-18
“THERE IS NONE RIGHTEOUS, NOT EVEN ONE;
11 THERE IS NONE WHO UNDERSTANDS,
THERE IS NONE WHO SEEKS FOR GOD;
12 ALL HAVE TURNED ASIDE, TOGETHER THEY HAVE BECOME USELESS;
THERE IS NONE WHO DOES GOOD,
THERE IS NOT EVEN ONE.”
13 “THEIR THROAT IS AN OPEN GRAVE,
WITH THEIR TONGUES THEY KEEP DECEIVING,”
“THE POISON OF ASPS IS UNDER THEIR LIPS”;
14 “WHOSE MOUTH IS FULL OF CURSING AND BITTERNESS”;
15 “THEIR FEET ARE SWIFT TO SHED BLOOD,
16 DESTRUCTION AND MISERY ARE IN THEIR PATHS,
17 AND THE PATH OF PEACE THEY HAVE NOT KNOWN.”
18 “THERE IS NO FEAR OF GOD BEFORE THEIR EYES.”

(NASB)

But, The message of Christ is for all of us not the non-existent perfect Christian.

8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8 (NASB)

What we need to do is to strive so that each of us are individually challenged. The newest brother/sister has a level of appropriate challenge. The experienced, advanced Christian also has his personal level of challenge.

We need to value and encourage each victory at whatever level of challenge, and avoid piling on when a weaker brother stumbles.
If you did not like this thread you always have the option of skipping. Every aspect of a person life does not need to be challenged. People already have enough challenging things going on in their lives as it is. These are not questions that have the answers in the Bible or any other study. This is a set of questions for those who just want something none binding and can answer from how they feel and not worry about having to have the correct answer then be questioned about their answers. This is not about anything you stated above. So, what I suggest is that you calm down because its not that serious. You either participate or you don't. I have been here before and I did not come back to start any trouble. This is not a bible study. There are a lot of threads here that are not challenging. But we also have threads that are challenging. This thread was not posted there. This is my first and last response to you. Take your arguments someplace else. There are people on here who answered the questions and thought they were fun.

A: King David. I want to Worship with him.

A: Christ taking the keys of death from satan

A: I don't have any questions. I just want to Worship God.

A: To die and be set free. I used to bug God all the time about this. HAHA.

A: It is God's heart that ALL would come to Him through His Son, Jesus Christ.

A: NOPE.... I am NOT AFRAID. My sins were purchased by the Blood of CHRIST. I am EXCITED
beyond excited to die. It's what I live for. HA.

A: I am NOT afraid of God in the sense of being SCARED. I am in AWE of GOD. HE is all POWERFUL. I used to have a problem with seeing God as a loving father due to my earthly father abandoning me. 3 years ago, I had a supernatural experience at the lake... and ever since then. I know that I know that GOD is EVERYTHING the Bible says He is.

A: I absolutely... completely... totally... TRUST God about EVERYTHING in my life and the life of others. He is absolutely in control of everything and He is perfectly JUST in all matters... therefore I do not feel the need to bargain with Him in any way. I just know that God is good and His WILL.... will be done.

A: I experienced a miracle 3 years ago. I was healed from decades of severe depression. God revealed to me that HE was the God of the BIBLE... and that HE truly does LOVE me. This is a very short answer but if you read about the attributes of God... it was a very in-depth healing. I now live with absolute JOY in knowing that GOD is who He says He is.

A: Jesus to see "what would Jesus do" and take that tip with me. I would also love to spend time with Joshua and learn how he got past the Exodus while serving as Moses' assistant until he was ordained to succeed Moses in Joshua.

A: I would love to spend time right next to John and Revelation in it's entirety.

A: How did every single servant of God's in the Old and New Testaments share their endurance during their lifetime of ministry and what counsel would they give me?

A: To get past God's judgment of me and lead me to my mansion.

A: It would be better for the entire earth to know God existed with the choice to believe in Him and be with Him forever and ever. I wish every person will come to know Christ with the promise eternity.

A: No. No matter how much I walk in obedience God will still hold me accountable for many things that I didn't invest in my spiritual gifts. There's no way around it yet I know He loves me and won't condemn me.

Q: How about God-- are you afraid of God Himself? Or do you consider Him more someone you can really open up to and be honest with?
A: I fear God out of reverence and can ask God anything that He already sees on my heart.

Q: Do you trust God (meaning without hesitation)? Would you do WHATEVER He told you, with no questions, and trust in the fact that He has everyone's best interest in mind?
A: Without a doubt. I love Jesus and will do anything He commands me, even to the point of death.

Q: Have you ever seen a miracle, or anything close to it (divine experiences, etc)? If so, please share it!
A: I almost died twice at an infant age and at 4 years old. Both times I was healed from death. The other miracle was I was able to remember at such an early age.

A: To get past God's judgment of me and lead me to my mansion.
LOLOL...That would be so nice.

A: I would love to spend time right next to John and Revelation in it's entirety.

That was my first answer but I could not put it in words.

A: Wait, why?

Good morning, godbe4me;

By reading God's Word, praying and communicating to Him directly, these are good answers posted by everyone.

In one of your answers that caught my attention, Q: If they promised to answer ANY and ALL your questions, what would you ask?

Your answer was
Wait, why? Please clarify what you mean?

God bless
you, godbe4me, and thank you for Just for Fun Questions.

I’ve been thinking about this list of questions. I am struck by tone of the “accept nothing less than perfection” that is implied and/or stated. The thing is, while it is always better to strive to serve God, this is not what the Lord expects. He knows what we are. He knows exactly who and what each of us are. Romans 3:10-18 (NASN) But, The message of Christ is for all of us not the non-existent perfect Christian. Romans 5:8 (NASB)
What we need to do is to strive so that each of us are individually challenged.
The newest brother/sister has a level of appropriate challenge. The experienced, advanced Christian also has his personal level of challenge. We need to value and encourage each victory at whatever level of challenge, and avoid piling on when a weaker brother stumbles.

Hello brother Siloam;

I enjoyed reading your post and blue-lighted a couple of areas that left me with questions. Being struck by the tone of accept nothing less than perfection, is that coming from your thoughts?

When we strive to serve God, isn't that what He expects? He entrusts us with the talents to offer our best to Him. When we do strive we will meet many challenges along the way (laziness, lack of focus, letting down the guard of our tongue) not only with God but with each other, whether believer or non believer. Question is, God sees our individual hearts, so how do we respond to the challenges?

Personally, I strive daily and still fall short of things that happen out of nowhere. My prayer is God sees my all in all, knows me better than I know myself and will embrace me as a work in progress.

Part of the challenges that we all fall short of striving is consistent prayer (communication to God,) studying the Word (God speaking to us) equates to a relationship with Him, reference Romans 3:10-18.

I want to understand more what you posted.

God bless you, Siloam and thank you for sharing.

Your answer was Wait, why? Please clarify what you mean?
Hello Bobinfaith

The question, Q: If they promised to answer ANY and ALL your questions, what would you ask?

The word "they" made me answer that way. I was thinking, wait who is they? And why would I want to ask questions for they and I don't know who they are when I can go straight to the source. My God.

Thanks for asking

Hello Bobinfaith

The question, Q: If they promised to answer ANY and ALL your questions, what would you ask?

The word "they" made me answer that way. I was thinking, wait who is they? And why would I want to ask questions for they and I don't know who they are when I can go straight to the source. My God.

Thanks for asking

I see. I overlooked the word "they." I would also go to God instead of "they" who may be just a bunch of nosey chaps. lol!

Hello brother Siloam;

I enjoyed reading your post and blue-lighted a couple of areas that left me with questions. Being struck by the tone of accept nothing less than perfection, is that coming from your thoughts?

When we strive to serve God, isn't that what He expects? He entrusts us with the talents to offer our best to Him. When we do strive we will meet many challenges along the way (laziness, lack of focus, letting down the guard of our tongue) not only with God but with each other, whether believer or non believer. Question is, God sees our individual hearts, so how do we respond to the challenges?

Personally, I strive daily and still fall short of things that happen out of nowhere. My prayer is God sees my all in all, knows me better than I know myself and will embrace me as a work in progress.

Part of the challenges that we all fall short of striving is consistent prayer (communication to God,) studying the Word (God speaking to us) equates to a relationship with Him, reference Romans 3:10-18.

I want to understand more what you posted.

God bless you, Siloam and thank you for sharing.
When we strive to serve God, isn't that what He expects? It is the standard, but God knows us, and I do not believe he is truly surprised by anything we do. Where I fail, He knew (expected?) that I would fail. The fellowship of believers helps me to stop falling and help recover when I fail.

The difference is one of outlook. The first time I attempted to answer this list, I approached it as aspirational questions (what would be pleasing to God) – what would and should be my response. But by the time I got to the end, the wording as a whole as well as the explicit question of several of the questions brooked no such view. It was asking me to evaluate my commitment, not as individual responses, but as actual hardline results in my life as a whole. That is a good thing to do in one’s meditations before the Lord. One should as part of their prayer life always be critical in the sense of constant evaluation against a standard of ones actions. But we can only approach constancy. The best we can achieve is a level of consistency – a much looser moment by moment standard.

I note that none of the questions allows or requires us to take our limitations before the Lord and ask for His victory (as opposed to our victory).

As a poor analogy, it is like the relationship between the Law and Grace. While one cannot fault the Law, it is a standard that is made to show our inadequacy and drive us to rely on grace.

Much of my reaction to this is surely, if unintentional a reaction to a personal study I did of the Talmud and related writings. And I would note that none of the disciples of our Lord, or Paul (if you place him in another class) would get through this questionnaire unscathed – not encountering an issue where their righteousness was inadequate.

The great thing is that God understands our limitations and built the church to deal with our failures while building us up to deal more correctly as time passes (and we grow closer). I am reminded of an analogy that is very pronounced in Methodist teaching (not my usual church) of life as a journey where one grows closer to Christ along the way. -- see Pilgrim's Progress as example

But for each of us to individually fulfill our mission as followers of Christ we must learn to lift each other up when they do fail. We can only do that if we remain humble and avoid a holier than thou view of the Christian life.

Particularly in a venue like this where people of all walks of life are welcome, it is important that we do not come off as those that are oblivious to their own limitations and that the worship of the Lord, and the fellowship of believers help each of us recognize and deal with the sin in our life; that each of us deals with the ‘old man’. It is only then that they can see what victories we have and feel that they can help us bear the load.

This does not require any of us to be leaps ahead of where we are, only a step at a time.

When we strive to serve God, isn't that what He expects? It is the standard, but God knows us, and I do not believe he is truly surprised by anything we do. Where I fail, He knew (expected?) that I would fail. The fellowship of believers helps me to stop falling and help recover when I fail.

The difference is one of outlook. The first time I attempted to answer this list, I approached it as aspirational questions (what would be pleasing to God) – what would and should be my response. But by the time I got to the end, the wording as a whole as well as the explicit question of several of the questions brooked no such view. It was asking me to evaluate my commitment, not as individual responses, but as actual hardline results in my life as a whole. That is a good thing to do in one’s meditations before the Lord. One should as part of their prayer life always be critical in the sense of constant evaluation against a standard of ones actions. But we can only approach constancy. The best we can achieve is a level of consistency – a much looser moment by moment standard.

I note that none of the questions allows or requires us to take our limitations before the Lord and ask for His victory (as opposed to our victory).

As a poor analogy, it is like the relationship between the Law and Grace. While one cannot fault the Law, it is a standard that is made to show our inadequacy and drive us to rely on grace.

Much of my reaction to this is surely, if unintentional a reaction to a personal study I did of the Talmud and related writings. And I would note that none of the disciples of our Lord, or Paul (if you place him in another class) would get through this questionnaire unscathed – not encountering an issue where their righteousness was inadequate.

The great thing is that God understands our limitations and built the church to deal with our failures while building us up to deal more correctly as time passes (and we grow closer). I am reminded of an analogy that is very pronounced in Methodist teaching (not my usual church) of life as a journey where one grows closer to Christ along the way. -- see Pilgrim's Progress as example

But for each of us to individually fulfill our mission as followers of Christ we must learn to lift each other up when they do fail. We can only do that if we remain humble and avoid a holier than thou view of the Christian life.

Particularly in a venue like this where people of all walks of life are welcome, it is important that we do not come off as those that are oblivious to their own limitations and that the worship of the Lord, and the fellowship of believers help each of us recognize and deal with the sin in our life; that each of us deals with the ‘old man’. It is only then that they can see what victories we have and feel that they can help us bear the load.

This does not require any of us to be leaps ahead of where we are, only a step at a time.

Good morning, Siloam;

I'll be straight up with you, brother. These questions was to have fun but I know not everyone will receive the questionnaire the same way. I can respect that.

Personally speaking for myself, my answers give the impression my confidence in God is amazing but in your argument I fall short. Truthfully, I have a very optimistic attitude in my relationship with Christ. I'm not a doom and gloom Christian that only shares the negative of the world. For me it's ok to have fun with God while experiencing His beautiful existence.

As I share at CFS, when we strive (make great efforts) daily to have a relationship with Christ through prayer, listening as God speaks to us while reading the Bible, then serving Him by serving others, goes a long way in His building us up.

God bless you, Siloam, and thank you for sharing.

I'll be straight up with you, brother. These questions was to have fun
Thank you "Bobinfaith" as that is exactly what everyone was to do with this "have fun" because as I stated, its not a bible study. It came to me as a game. It's a game. Everyone was to have fun with the answers.

Back