Killer in Jail

Killer in Jail

Just a hypothetical question that has, for some reason, came to the front of my mind: A man kills a non-Christian, is arrested, sentenced to life in prison, and finds Christ in jail. How should we Christians view this? I would believe God's love says to smile on the man in prison, and I would be happy he became a believer. But what of the other man? His life was cut short, and he was not a believer, he was not sent to the Father's house. Is this simply another effect of sin in the world? Or have a missed something in the Bible? Any other books y'all can suggest that I could read that are similar to having a clear answer for me?

Thanks for your time.

Well we can also consider...

We might not know exactly what happened to the non-Christian. Maybe he did meet the Lord.

This is a very interesting question...:)

Good question, Ill try to help

I heard that jeffrey dahmer accepted Christ before He died. I know Christians were very upset with this. They said how could a person who has killed so many get saved.

To me this shows the greatness of our saviors love and the extent to which its power can reach.

Remember paul, he killed many Christians (not with his own hands ) but their blood was on him. God had a plan for him as well as for everyone.

As for the non Christian being killed we must understand that every person created will have their "road to damascus". God is not going to let anyone perish without having the oppurtunity to be saved.

Mathew24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

So we see that all will have their oppurtunity to be saved. By what means people will learn of Jesus I do not know, but I trust God to do what He says He will do.

On a side note I will tell you something I take comfort in. I sow seed and not always do I get to see it come up and grow. That is sad.
But i think then when a person has heard the word and finds themselves in a situation that they cannot get out of...will they remember what I said? will they remember that God loves them? I hope that they do remember.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

God Bless friend

None is worthy.
Anyone can be saved.
God will not miss even one soul that would have Him.
selah

This life is simply a place to choose with whom you will spend the next and God does not have the same fearful attitude towards physical death as a human might.

So essentially it doesnt matter what you do in this life at all, except for the last second of it? You can do anything you want to do but if you subscribe to the belief of god and jesus christ as your savior before you die what happened in the past does not matter?

Back