Killer of Fellowship

I was just doing some self-reflection and thought about the times in the past that I broke away from fellowship with others. Every instance of that breaking away directly descended from my own arrogance. How much could I have learned or furthered the work of Christ if I could have, would have, kept my ego out of the way. My caution to others would be that if you find yourself in the midst of a good work that is edifying believers and uplifting the name of Christ don't throw a grenade into it by letting your need for acknowledgment or praise interfere.

This is our WORK in the Lord, by Jesus's own mouth!
We must see that He gets ALL THE GLORY. It is He that does a work through us.
RNFetchBlobTmp_00zazkd1p9fwzvaeqah33kc.jpg

I was just doing some self-reflection and thought about the times in the past that I broke away from fellowship with others. Every instance of that breaking away directly descended from my own arrogance. How much could I have learned or furthered the work of Christ if I could have, would have, kept my ego out of the way. My caution to others would be that if you find yourself in the midst of a good work that is edifying believers and uplifting the name of Christ don't throw a grenade into it by letting your need for acknowledgment or praise interfere.
Very wise words. Thank you.

Back