Kills me

Kills me

I have this muslim friend. Here is what she says to me
-Around christmas why do people put animal and a baby in their front yard
-why is that guy on a cross
and stuff like that she also tells she cant see Jesus on the cross. And it just kills me that since i am christian and she is muslim that im going to heaven and shes not. I ve invited her to church many times but then her mom sends me home saying,
Sanela is different religion

We all have friends that are different religions. You shouldnt worry too much. The world if full of different people, and as a Christian, you and I should love them all regardless, and learn to appreciate how different and unique this world truely is by God's graces. Instead of thinking about her in hell, think about you and her on earth as friends who love each other and how you're both going to do your personal best to make this world an even better one, and not letting religious difference get in the way of your relationship.

I agree mostly.

The love and ways of Christ are not as foreign to the world as some in the Church think. People outside of the church still feel love, compassion, hurt, suffering, and on these things we can relate very much.

Often at times I feel the "title" of "Christian" does more harm than good, especially in the respect that others who aren't "Christian" often place a barrier between them and the ones claiming Christianity.

They need something to relate to, and if its not Christianity, let it be you.

(That's when you find out, what you are trying to be, is what Christ is, and this is what they are trying to be. Whether or not they know it.)

Shalom

Emmi 1231 you are right to be concerned your friend is indeed on a fast track to destruction but to qoute a friend of mine "we must sometimes build a bridge of truth that will sustain the weight of friendship", in Jesus earth walk He was constantly seeking lost sheep such as these and He has commanded we do the same. If you demonstrate His love to your friend she will be drawn to you and you will know the right moment to share Jesus with her.

uhmm.... start having a bible study.. Oftentimes people knock us off because we cant defend what we believe in. Im not telling we should debate and argue with them, but at least we could present some evidences of our faith. Remember Jesus said to His disciples, we must always be ready to give answers to those who are questioning our faith. And from my experience, knowing a lot about the bible reallly strengthened my faith, it's really is the sword of faith.

Sometimes, the best witness we can be for God, is to live our lives according to his plan. People WILL see it. They will know the real thing when they see it. Lukewarm Christians can evangelize 18 hours a day, and never help the Kingdom. A single Christian, living the life that Christ wants us to live, can have an incredible impact.

while on the one hand we must be light in the darkness, we are called to be salt of the earth, and Jesus was often found among sinners, we must also remember that:
2 Corinthians 6:14-18 Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness? What accord has Christ with Belial?[a demon] Or what portion does a believer share with an unbeliever? What agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; as God said, "I will make my dwelling among them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Therefore go out from their midst, and be separate from them, says the Lord, and touch no unclean thing; then I will welcome you, and I will be a father to you, and you shall be sons and daughters to me, says the Lord Almighty."

and

Psalm 1:1 Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers;"

its a fine line to befriend someone and yet not violate the mandate to not have fellowship with someone who openly blasphemes our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ by denying Him......

blessings,
Ken

Back