Kingdoms

Kingdoms

In the general world view and in some churches, people seem to understand that there are two kingdoms. One is Gods kingdom and one is satans kingdom and that there is a war going on between the two.

This is of gnostic origin and has many people in a state of fear because of false beliefs.

The truth is that there is one Kingdom, and that is the kingdom of God. God is ruler over all. Within Gods kingdom, there are groups or mini kingdoms and this is where man and satan fall in. Both are subject to God.
Satan can do nothing without Gods authority.

The good news is that as christians we have been given authority by Jesus and satan has no hold over us. satan is defeated every time in the name of Jesus.

There is only one ruler and therefore only one Kingdom, and the ruler is God!

We can all try and think why God allows satan to do what he does, but in the end Gods ways are not our ways, they are better than our ways.

I would have to disagree with that Kevin. It says in 2 Cor 10:3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh.

That tells me that there is a war going on. If not between God’s kingdom and satan’s kingdom, then who is at war? Then there is putting on the armor of God. Why would we have to put on armor if there isn’t a war we are battling?

I agree with most of what you say, but I do believe we are in a war. As Christians, we are at war with satan and his kingdom. It is true that God has already won, and satan knows it. But he isn’t going to give up. He will go right up to the very last act of defiance.

Being a Christian certainly can be a battle!

No, satan will not give up til the end~

Still, when you serve The LORD and have The Holy Ghost, satan can't touch you.
He'll try.....

The devil is scared of Jesus' NAME!

There is a war going on but it is not between Gods kingdom and the kingdom of satan as many people believe.

The war is between man and satan. Satan seeks to destroy Gods creation and take man with him to the lake of fire. But man has a way to victory in this war, that is the power and glory of Jesus Christ.

satan is no match for God. He tried rebellion and got kicked out of his position as fast as a lightning bolt.

In revelation, it is not God or Jesus who binds satan, but an angel. Just shows that satan is not all powerful, a single angel is sent to deal with him.

Rev 20:1 And I saw an angel come down from Heaven, having the key of the abyss and a great chain in his hand.
Rev 20:2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him a thousand years.
Rev 20:3 And he cast him into the abyss and shut him up and set a seal on him, that he should deceive the nations no more until the thousand years should be fulfilled. And after that he must be loosed a little time.

There is still a battle to come:
Rev 19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
Rev 19:12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
Rev 19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
Rev 19:14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
Rev 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
Rev 19:16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
Rev 19:17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;
Rev 19:18 That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.
Rev 19:19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

Back